First Name
Springer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI, Ducati Panigale 959, Triumph T100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Been going back and forth between the Bronco and a truck. Truck is winning today. Tomorrow will be a different story. I ride motorcycles so would like something to get them to/from the track/mechanics/etc. Bronco can do it but I'd need a trailer. Truck, I'd just need ramps. I also am building my GTI to be a track beast so would like to tow that to the track/car/shows/etc. So it seems like a truck would be in my best bet. But I haven't found the Ranger to be all that appealing until I found that you can get it customized by Roush Performance!! It's based off an XLT 302A Ranger ($34,635 MSRP) then adds about $13K to that depending on what you want and still comes with a factory 3 year/36K mile warranty. Would be about the same price as the WildTrak I've been drooling over. Think I'm heading this route. Today.

Thoughts?

Ford Bronco Ford Ranger Roush Performance Edition 1601155290221
Ford Bronco Ford Ranger Roush Performance Edition 1601155556487

https://configurator.roushperformance.com/configurator/2020-ranger
Sponsored

Zinn

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Does that even come with the Roush performance tune? That’s kind of a steep price compared to what you’d get aftermarket, stuff like custom key fob or gauge cluster is not worth money.

I’m not giving up my Ranger to get a Bronco, I want them both lol. Cool engine and platform but complete different use cases.

OP
OP
BecauseMotor

BecauseMotor

Wildtrak
First Name
Springer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Does that even come with the Roush performance tune? That’s kind of a steep price compared to what you’d get aftermarket, stuff like custom key fob or gauge cluster is not worth money.

I’m not giving up my Ranger to get a Bronco, I want them both lol. Cool engine and platform but complete different use cases.
Unfortunately not. Does come with exhaust but not the Cold-air intake or the tune but those are "only" $1,000 more.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Been going back and forth between the Bronco and a truck. Truck is winning today. Tomorrow will be a different story. I ride motorcycles so would like something to get them to/from the track/mechanics/etc. Bronco can do it but I'd need a trailer. Truck, I'd just need ramps. I also am building my GTI to be a track beast so would like to tow that to the track/car/shows/etc. So it seems like a truck would be in my best bet. But I haven't found the Ranger to be all that appealing until I found that you can get it customized by Roush Performance!! It's based off an XLT 302A Ranger ($34,635 MSRP) then adds about $13K to that depending on what you want and still comes with a factory 3 year/36K mile warranty. Would be about the same price as the WildTrak I've been drooling over. Think I'm heading this route. Today.

Thoughts?

1601155290221.png
1601155556487.png

https://configurator.roushperformance.com/configurator/2020-ranger
This is what you want :)
https://www.automobilemag.com/news/apg-2020-ford-ranger-pro-runner/

Well it’s what I want.
I’m going bronco though. They said they’ll have bronco parts . I can’t wait for their bronco prerunner kit

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ok that looks amazing. Honestly all the crap about the reservation and allocation process from ford is so confusing, I had no idea what's going on with the Broncos .. it's like I need to read through 400 pages of forum topics here to try to piece together what's happening, and what 'allocation' means compared to 'reservation' and all we have is speculation on everything else because Ford is not being clear about anything. .. .the Ranger or 4Runner are starting to sound appealing

Sponsored

bluesun68

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
raptor, velar, f-type
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is that the new ranger or the old ranger? Why not just a ford performance tune? Can you really get the bike in the back? (too short, too high?)

OP
OP
BecauseMotor

BecauseMotor

Wildtrak
First Name
Springer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is that the new ranger or the old ranger? Why not just a ford performance tune? Can you really get the bike in the back? (too short, too high?)
New 2020 Ford Ranger. And I hope I can get bikes in there without too much issue. Basing it off this but my Ducati's wheelbase is probably longer than these. So maybe diagonally. I'd need to research that a lot more.

Ford Bronco Ford Ranger Roush Performance Edition 1601157081270

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mistubishi Montero, 2013 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yall think they will do packages like this for the Bronco after it comes out? Probably right? I feel like this makes me want a base sas more and just add one of these packages to it in a few years and make it feel like a new truck again. Just a thought

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford offers 3 performance packs for the ranger. I believe those come with the performance tune, or at least a couple of them do. You can see the details about them at the link below. I think performance pack 2 at $4500 is a pretty good deal.

Ford Bronco Ford Ranger Roush Performance Edition 1601158515267

https://performance.ford.com/enthusiasts/media-room/2020/6/ranger-packages-.html

If you want a custom look, I’ve always like the RTR Ranger. A lot of the guys over on the ranger forum have the grille from this package and it looks pretty cool.

Ford Bronco Ford Ranger Roush Performance Edition 1601158442552

https://www.rtrvehicles.com/pages/rangerselectpage

If you want something from the factory, you could get the ranger tremor in 2021.
Ford Bronco Ford Ranger Roush Performance Edition 1601158619569

OP
OP
BecauseMotor

BecauseMotor

Wildtrak
First Name
Springer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Bronco Ford Ranger Roush Performance Edition 1601255952088

Ford Bronco Ford Ranger Roush Performance Edition 1601256002274
Ford Bronco Ford Ranger Roush Performance Edition 1601255925636

2019-2020 Hennessey Velociraptor Ford Ranger
This is with the 2.3L engine... crazy. No idea on pricing.
They will also have a Bronco program. I signed up for more info.

PERFORMANCE:
• 0-60 mph: 4.9 sec. (stock 7.4 sec.)
• 1/4 mile: 13.9 sec. @ 101 mph (stock 15.2 sec. @ 91 mph)

POWER:
• 360 bhp @ 5,600 rpm
• 440 lb-ft torque @ 3,800 rpm

UPGRADE INCLUDES:
• Hennessey VelociRaptor Engine Management Software Upgrade
• Hennessey VelociRaptor Performance Exhaust System
• Hennessey VelociRaptor Stage 1 ICON Coilover Suspension Upgrade (4”)
• Hennessey VelociRaptor 18” Alloy Wheels
• BF Goodrich KM2 Tires 285/70R18
• Hennessey VelociRaptor Front Bumper Upgrade with LED Lights
• Hennessey VelociRaptor Rear Bumper Upgrade
• Hennessey Ranger Raptor Grille Insert
• Fender Flairs Painted to Match the Vehicle
• Hennessey & VelociRaptor Exterior Badges
• Hennessey Embroidered Headrests
• Limited Edition (500 units for 2019) Serial Numbered Plaques in Engine Compartment & Interior
• Professional Installation
• Chassis Dyno Tuning & Road Testing
• 3 year/36,000 Mile Limited Warranty

Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

In the F150/Raptor world the Roush stuff is way over price for what you get. Mostly just cosmetic changes that do nothing for performance. If you carefully price out the Roush changes you can to the same or much better for far less money.
Sponsored