tritonx100

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford explore
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I see the bronco sport is on its 3rd recall since it launch. I sure hope with all these delays Ford is taking its time to get the manufacturing process optimized for the bronco. If you look at the sport recalls they point to really weak quality controls (lack of lubricant in powertrain, suspension bolts, etc.)

I know its a new model and we should expect some of this. But from a brand standpoint I hope this doesn't turn out to be the 2014 Raptor.
Sponsored

Rover72

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR, 18 Cadillac XT5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Good point!
Sport coming out first having these issues should be a learning point on where Ford is failing and they can correct for the Big Bronco. Hoping so.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good point!
Sport coming out first having these issues should be a learning point on where Ford is failing and they can correct for the Big Bronco. Hoping so.
Why would it take a new model to point out QC issues? QC needs to happen on all models and plants.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Recalls are part of Ford ownership. Iā€™ve had an active recall on my f-150 since June 2020 to replace my master cylinder. Iā€™m still waiting for parts, but the Fordpass app magically removed the recall without notice.

wilbersk

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I work at Enterprise, and we see recalls from every single major car manufacturer somewhat regularly. I feel like most of them are due to lawsuit concerns from the manufacturers.

Sponsored

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Good point!
I hope so too. I pushed my 21 to a 22 for certain accessories/options. If the 21s are a recall nightmare I will reassess whether to chance the 22. Three recalls already on the sport is disappointing for something with the brand "Bronco" on it.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This doesnā€™t seem out of the ordinary to me. Bronco will be the same way. Itā€™s not a Takata level of a recall.

The automaker is unaware of any accidents or injuries related to this condition, which affects 1,640 cars in the United States, 24 in Canada and 2 in Mexico.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does anyone know if the 2.7 comes with the plastic oil pan and drain plug Iā€™m worried about that than anything read about a lot of people having the plastic pan leak on the f150 a d other vehicles that use it really hope they go to a metal oil pan for the 2.7 plastic makes no sense. I beleave the 2.3 comes with a metal oil pan.

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This doesnā€™t seem out of the ordinary to me. Bronco will be the same way. Itā€™s not a Takata level of a recall.
So close to your name too... :devilish: :ROFLMAO:

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I work at Enterprise, and we see recalls from every single major car manufacturer somewhat regularly. I feel like most of them are due to lawsuit concerns from the manufacturers.
Recalls like the tekata air bag that was used in everything from Kia to Ferrari donā€™t count in my opinion.
It does seem like Ford has recalls more often than any other brand.
Although my wifeā€™s 2016 Tacoma was just brought in and had its frame checked and sprayed, because Toyota is apparently concerned with their frames.... AGAIN. :oops:

so I dunno, I heard the latest Explorer didnā€™t even make it to lots before recalls started, so Iā€™m crossing my fingers that doesnā€™t happen with the BROnco

Deleted member 3063

Feeling a little left out here. After many years of buying new Ford and Mercury products I've never had a recall. One TSB for freezing door locks and four minor warranty claims but nothing that took more than a couple hours in the shop.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
the level of recalls tied to Ford is a real thing that previous CEO could not get under control and Farley has made this a big initiative.

wall street is tracking this as well. they compare Fordā€™s level of recalls to other manufacturers. Ford recently has been much high than GM.

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm just glad they rejected the idea of a 3/3.6 warrantee*.

* 3 months/3.6K miles

:rolleyes:
Sponsored