Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150 XLT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Although my wife’s 2016 Tacoma was just brought in and had its frame checked and sprayed, because Toyota is apparently concerned with their frames.... AGAIN. :oops:
You mind if I ask where her Taco was built? I was part of the group that did the 989 Major Model change at both TMMTX and TMMBC, but was only part time help in Texas, where as Baja was my full time gig. I just always check to see where it was built, considering the quality issues Baja always has

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
You mind if I ask where her Taco was built? I was part of the group that did the 989 Major Model change at both TMMTX and TMMBC, but was only part time help in Texas, where as Baja was my full time gig. I just always check to see where it was built, considering the quality issues Baja always has
Don’t you talk about my wife’s taco

Reactions: abe

jxc

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord/CX-5/A5 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good point!
Sport coming out first having these issues should be a learning point on where Ford is failing and they can correct for the Big Bronco. Hoping so.
How long have they been building cars? What's left to learn? It's not like they are putting cold-fusion engines in for the first time. -- But let's hope they get this worked out -- MY22 is looking better by the minute.

goog67

Base
First Name
todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 f250 4x4 hiboy 2009 Nissan Maxima
Your Bronco Model
Base
It makes sense now,last week while driving around I saw a new Bronco Sport on a flatdeck and had to look twice to be sure!!

Sponsored

BroncoBilly17

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Reactions: abe

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The one I'm concerned about is the F-150 with the potential for the windshield to fall out. That's my plan B if things go south with the Bronco.

BroncoBilly17

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have no clue about Fords mexican operations, but when I worked for GM the Silao Facility was notorious for silly stuff like this and they could never get it under control. They had dedicated, hard working employees, but there are just cultural differences there. If they were low on bolts it was no big deal to send a few thousand units out with some missing here and there. I haven't looked in a while, but you could go on a dealer lot and pick out a Silao truck from a Fort Wayne truck from 10 feet away.
I did work at Toyota's Baja Mexico plant, and their Texas plant (both build the Taco), and can confirm the same mentality exists there as well. Easy to see the TX truck from the BC truck. Stuff that wouldn't make it out the door in Texas was considered excellent in Baja.

Lorenzo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cars are the most complex products to make.

Recalls don't bother me, I feel better knowing people are watching stuff. And that I can get it fixed free.

F150's being recalled because windshields might pop out in a crash:
* TO ME ITS JUST AMAZING THAT THEY FIGURED OUT THIS COULD BE A THING, THEN FIX IT FOR FREE

" non-conforming batch of the paint supplier's flow additive within the clearcoat, and one specific primer, resulted in reduced bonding performance to the urethane adhesive used to attach the windshield to the vehicle body structure."
https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/ford-recall-2021-2020-f-150-super-duty-truck-windshield/