Sponsored

Ford recalling some models for driver seatbelt unbuckled warning chime sound duration

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/oth...odels/ar-AA16hDBk?ocid=hplocalnews&li=BBnb7Kz

This is not specific to the Bronco but I just saw a headline of a "Massive Ford recall" -- apparently on some models if the driver seatbelt is unbuckled the warning chime sounds for an insufficient amount of time (4 seconds). According to the headline this is unsafe because it may cause drivers to drive without bucking their seatbelt.

Are you kidding me!! Is anyone actually going to get this done? While I normally buckle my seatbelt, I disabled the damn warning chime on my last new vehicle because it was so annoying and wouldn't stop. How about a recall to disable the damn seatbelt chime? I can't say anything more without getting banned for politics.
Sponsored

Mean Green Bronc Machine

Outer Banks
First Name
Erica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No, I'm sure no one is going in for this...unless they don't wear their seatbelts. I can't even think of what mine sounds like, nor have I ever been annoyed by it, because my belt is always on.
But then on the other hand, some people who have teen drivers or are just really adamant about safety may take it in 🤷‍♀️

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I shake my head at all the negative feedback on the seatbelt chime. In todays world, it should be a non-issue. Even if I’m driving down the road to my mailbox, I do up my seatbelt. I don’t care how short or quick of a drive it is.

OP
OP
broncobase1

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
No, I'm sure no one is going in for this...unless they don't wear their seatbelts. I can't even think of what mine sounds like, nor have I ever been annoyed by it, because my belt is always on.
But then on the other hand, some people who have teen drivers or are just really adamant about safety may take it in 🤷‍♀️
For me its not about being against wearing a seat belt, just don't want the car forcing me to do it. When I saw the headline I thought this must be serious -- then I read the details.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If the warning buzzer was actually a buzzer or a steady ding instead of being "musical" I wouldn't hate it so much.

Sponsored

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m sure the fix would just be a software update. But on the point of warning chimes they are getting pretty excessive in new vehicles. Specifically the seatbelt warning on Toyotas and Subarus. I have to move vehicles from the front of the shop, around a corner to the back of the shop, distance of about 500ft and those things start screaming at you if you drive for more than 2 seconds with the seatbelt unbuckled. Then you have Chevy which doesn’t let you take the transmission out of park until you have the seatbelt on.
I get safety is a big concern for people, but really if someone isn’t going to wear a seatbelt, some dumb nanny system isn’t going to make them.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
LOL! You don't have to take it in for every recall. It's not like Ford will come to your house and take your vehicle.

Bronco1971

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For me its not about being against wearing a seat belt, just don't want the car forcing me to do it. When I saw the headline I thought this must be serious -- then I read the details.
The headline was correct, but also clickbait.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I read the info Ford sent to dealers awhile ago... it's only for vehicles with the Revel audio system, which as far as I know is only used in Lincolns. Although some of the high-end Platinum trims on Ford vehicles are basically Lincolns in disguise, so may be wrong about that.

But yeah, you don't have to take every recall. It's up to you. My Ford Escape has a recall on the oil separator right now, I've personally inspected it and it's fine. So never bothered to get it done. It only really matters when you go to sell the vehicles, as in some states it is illegal to sell a vehicle with open recalls. (Although usually that only applies to dealer sales and not personal sales.)

OP
OP
broncobase1

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I shake my head at all the negative feedback on the seatbelt chime. In todays world, it should be a non-issue. Even if I’m driving down the road to my mailbox, I do up my seatbelt. I don’t care how short or quick of a drive it is.
This has nothing to do with the benefits of wearing or not wearing a seatbelt. The chime is not a big deal, but I prefer not to have it. Its a slippery slope thing -- some countries require a speed chime that goes off when you exceed a set speed which is the speed limit for the county. Are you okay with that?

Sponsored

JackTripper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enough
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This…… wear your seatbelt, be safe, and don’t be annoyed by the chime. End of thread.

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I always* wear mine, but I have to unbuckle it to lean out my window to run my badge by a sensor to get into my lot at work. I guess one could argue I should put my belt back on, but I'm seriously just driving 5mph in a small controlled entry lot a few hundred feet to a space. I hate having to hear the belt chimes go off for that.

Another thing that gets me is that I tend to just throw stuff on my front seat instead of my trunk. Once it's a certain weight, I start getting screamed at that the 'passenger' should have their belt on. blargh.

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope this isn’t the news announcement going out to dealers today I heard about on YouTube. Hopefully, the actual announcement to dealers is bronco specific.
Sponsored