First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The explorer should have never left its ranger frame behind and our bronco could be the exact same size it is on a shortened narrowed f150 chassis. And probably have a 6500lb tow rating to boot. But alas we live in an era where darts are fwd, blazers are crossovers, and 1000 hp hummers are just rebadged electric argos.

Also I'm poor so I will be buying a 2022 or 2023 my year. If the 2009 mustang has taught me anything my choice should be worth about 100 hp increase.

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford knows they majorly screwed up with the Explorer. However I'm confident that both the new F150 and Bronco will be much better, especially since the new CEO is making quality control a priority. Yes everybody knows first model years are usually worse for these things, but nowadays with all the tech in vehicles nothing is safe from recalls. Hell, even the Toyota Tundra still gets recalled, and its been around so long there's cave drawings of it

JDisFlip

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford knows they majorly screwed up with the Explorer. However I'm confident that both the new F150 and Bronco will be much better, especially since the new CEO is making quality control a priority. Yes everybody knows first model years are usually worse for these things, but nowadays with all the tech in vehicles nothing is safe from recalls. Hell, even the Toyota Tundra still gets recalled, and its been around so long there's cave drawings of it
I got a 2017 Ridgeline (first year of its new redeisgn); it was gone for about 4 years or so.

I got i think a 25,000th one made and I loved it; got it brand new with 13 miles on it.

The early ones had some recalls; mine had me go in for them to do something (forgot what it was), but it didn't have a problem.

I had it for almost 3 years and 22,000 miles; if life didn't take it away from me I wouldn't be reserving a Bronco now.

Sponsored

Deleted member 3063

trying to get first year reservation holders to cancel? lol

my last 2 buys were for first year models,
2005 Mercury, one TSB for frozen door locks, no recalls in 5 years
2010 Ford, one warranty claim for a broken plastic catch on the bed extender, no recalls in 10 years.

One good point about all the production delays, the testers/engineers are still out there driving Broncos every day. If it's anything like when I worked there, they fill out a form every day to report issues. Warranty claims are expensive.

Botched Explorer launch

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The numbers of recalled vehicles are so incredibly small, it's absurd to even label it a recall IMHO. Ford will end up selling over 200,000 Explorers in 2020 so less than 2,000 of them were in this 'recall'.

Last edited:

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Good thing the Explorer is an Explorer and the bronco is a bronco....
Sponsored