Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Every other week there seems to be a new report of another Automotive manufacturer recalling thousands of vehicles due to what seem like big deal recalls (engine failures, fires, big failures). I hear this morning the latest from Ford effecting Bronco Sport and Escape models but a recall of almost 650,000 vehiclesā€¦ wow.

Now I know the Broncos recalls have been pretty small - just some window adhesion and software bugs it seems thus far, but is anyone getting nervous about their investment in the company with these new Broncos? Me personally this will be the first Ford vehicle Iā€™ve ever owned and really my first introduction to the company. I know recalls are pretty common for almost all manufacturers but Fords recalls especially this last year number wise are way above the other manufacturers?
I'm vastly more worried about companies such as "old GM" which shed billions of dollars of liability through their corrupt "bankruptcy", where dozens of deaths had occurred from a faulty ignition switch they knew about for over a decade and decided it would be cheaper to fight the deceased people's estates in court than actually fix their shitty engineering.

Going out on a limb here that "new GM", which is run by the same people less those who took their multi-million-dollar golden parachutes, are doing the same thing as before.

After all, you don't break your addiction to greed, sloth and power by being handed more money and forgiven for your past offenses.

I'll take a recall any day.
Sponsored

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ā€˜94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have had a lot of cars from different manufacturers over my years of driving and it isn't the recalls that worry me, recalls means the company acknowledges the issue and is fixing it. what I worry about is the stuff they refuse to make right. My TJ had a ton of TSBs but Jeep did no recalls on any of it....the infamous OPDA comes to mind.

It seems you are at the mercy of your dealer and ford to make the right call more than one should be.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Really...why 60K to turn it in? It's just broke in at that point.
Thats usually when problems start to come up. At least thats been my experience. Last think I want to do is pay for a crazy expensive turbo replacement or have someone rebuild on of these 10 speed transmissions. I can only imagine how much either of those would cost.

SF Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Cort
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nope.... my Chevy Silverado spent a full year at the dealer chasing a problem they couldn't or wouldn't fix and then in the end they just fixed it by black balling my warranty...

I think all manufacturers have some level.. big or small of a recall going on at any given moment... I'll worry about the issue with my new Bronco once I have it... already got enough stress in life, no time to stress about the what if's

CTwaterfowler

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am keeping an eye out for the recall re the 2.7 engine valve covers destroying engines .

I am not the least bit confident when I drive it. fortunately I don't have a large driving radius anymore and I have AAA with extended towing --and I will get it towed to my dealer if it decides to break down.

the owners I feel for is the ones that are doing off-roading alone and are left high and dry

Sponsored

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Every other week there seems to be a new report of another Automotive manufacturer recalling thousands of vehicles due to what seem like big deal recalls (engine failures, fires, big failures). I hear this morning the latest from Ford effecting Bronco Sport and Escape models but a recall of almost 650,000 vehiclesā€¦ wow.

Now I know the Broncos recalls have been pretty small - just some window adhesion and software bugs it seems thus far, but is anyone getting nervous about their investment in the company with these new Broncos? Me personally this will be the first Ford vehicle Iā€™ve ever owned and really my first introduction to the company. I know recalls are pretty common for almost all manufacturers but Fords recalls especially this last year number wise are way above the other manufacturers?
Recalls donā€™t bother me. My Bronco not starting this morning bothers me.

Name

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sure youā€™re talking shit about fan boys of broncos, which if youā€™re here we all are. But yeah, I donā€™t understand
Um, not everybody here has there head someplace so dark they can't see and admit there are flaws with Ford and Bronco. It's going to be OKAY to admit Ford and Bronco are not perfect, I PROMISE!!!

ILoveTacos

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No not really. Even companies who are supposedly reliable (like Toyota) have had their fair share of recalls lately.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh yes.
All day
Every day

RobL2112

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No, not at all. I fully expect there to be multiple recalls during the time I own this vehicle. Ever since the Toyota accelerator issue, it seems like manufacturers are quicker to recall for things that "could get them in trouble", well, once the bean counters do the math...

What concerns me more are the items that are clearly defects but do not get recalled... I had this happen on my 2013 F-150, the rear window defroster would stop working due to a poor design and it required an entire window replacement. Had it done three times under warranty and about a week out of warranty, needed a fourth replacement, but never got it done as I wasn't paying the price for a new window that would likely fail within a year. Ford nor the regulators never considered this one a safety issue, hence no recall. That type of thing concerns me more than getting a recall letter, taking it in and getting a shiny new part that hopefully solves the issue.

Sponsored

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Um, not everybody here has there head someplace so dark they can't see and admit there are flaws with Ford and Bronco. It's going to be OKAY to admit Ford and Bronco are not perfect, I PROMISE!!!
I never suggested the bronco is perfect, no vehicle is. Ford is far from perfect and borderline incompetent

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
First ford for me. Hope itā€™s as good as our Honda and Lexus :ROFLMAO: it sure looks better!

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I am keeping an eye out for the recall re the 2.7 engine valve covers destroying engines .
what exactly are you talking about? Valve covers destroying engines? First Iā€™ve heard of this supposed problem.

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

are recalls a nuisance? Yes

do they make me ā€œworryā€? No

CTwaterfowler

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
what exactly are you talking about? Valve covers destroying engines? First Iā€™ve heard of this supposed problem.
there is an entire tread on this forum about the 2.7 engine failures, last time i looked there were over 60 failures on this forum alone. Also, google 2.7 engine failures and you will see that this is a recognized problem, however FoMoCo hasnt yet issued a recall. this effects only a small number 26,000 2021 broncos with certain engine build dates. if you have the 2.3 or a 2.7 built in 2022 your good. Unfortunately, my engine build date is 7/28/21 which has a load of failures. hopefully you are clear of this problem, unfortunately i hit the lotto with my engine build date----- not the vehicle build date. if you are in the hit dates, you might start taking a peek at the issue and how some of the members have had it resolved ITS NOT A SUPPOSED PROBLEM
Sponsored