First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
My factory (which you didn't list) is open and production is running. Granted, the production line isn't moving as fast as it was prior to all of this crap, but it is moving. Employees are wearing protective gear and the different product lines are staggering day on/off, but product is being made.

Job 1 is employee safety and all things are not posted (and will not be) on the website.

.....and that's all I'm going to say in regards to my factory/company.
same deal. Only a whopping 250 deaths in the whole state of NC 15 in Raleigh. I think down town Detroit Has seen more. That’s why ford is shut down.

either way. Ford is going to focus on getting existing products going first. Ie f150 explorer escape. Aka the money makers. Then worry about future products
Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Considering this WuFlu hysteria's basically over with most of the states opening up, it's a good time to resume production

Sponsored

Deleted member 3063

Granted, the production line isn't moving as fast as it was prior to all of this crap, but it is moving. Employees are wearing protective gear and the different product lines are staggering day on/off, but product is being made.
In case y'all missed this post this is how it's done. Line workers will do 2 or 3 jobs instead of one to space themselves out at a reduced line speed. This takes some reorganizing to be sure but the engineers have been working on just that for a few weeks at least. (inside info for one plant)
The skeleton crew called in will sort things out further and it will be a hectic few days to iron things out once more are called back. There will continue to some on layoff.

As to the Bronco preview Ford doesn't want to get folks all fired up too soon or the fevor might break before the build.
Some leaks wouldn't hurt in the mean while though.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Line workers will do 2 or 3 jobs instead of one
You seem to have some familiarity with how things work on the line. How do you expect all these production changes will impact final product fit/finish/quality??

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But here are my thoughts on the workers comments. Guess what people, we all at some point will need to work again. Businesses can't keep paying people who aren't working. ...
Yes.

Being in critical industry and having increased work in this period where seemingly half the world is cowering at home with a case of beer watching Netflix ... most of these 'worker' comments/concerns just seem like Ford has done a poor job of communicating and the concerned party has done a poor job of educating themself.

The measures Ford has indicated they're taking all seem quite reasonable and appropriate. Manufacturing will have to resume soon even though the threat is not gone; and all things taken into account the return to work is voluntary ...

Sponsored

Deleted member 3063

You seem to have some familiarity with how things work on the line. How do you expect all these production changes will impact final product fit/finish/quality??
that's the "iron things out" part and yes there will be issues with people learning new jobs. any affected units would fail inspection(s) and repaired off line. when a unit fails inspection build numbers before and after are double checked to see if it's a one off or more serious. yes they do a lot of inspections as every unit is inspected for fit and finish visually. function inspections at my old plant were performed while the unit is being aligned and roll tested. every knob, switch, light etc is checked step by step prompted by computer before a unit can be passed.

with all that said the finished product can only be as good as the parts coming in and all those parts cannot be inspected individually at a assembly plant. if a part causes a failed unit engineering gets involved and traces it back and the supplier gets a spanking. they will then take the part back or come in plant to make repairs. it can get to be a big hairy deal.

hourly employees do the inspections (senority job btw) and their i.d. is forever associated with the unit so if it has to be repaired by the dealer, well, that's not good. supervisors are the only ones able to ship a failed unit at the peril of their job, seen it happen.

familiar, yes, worked as an automation electrician in auto plants for 34 years. wall to wall, floor to ceiling. knew most every one there and what they all did.

My last two Fords were new products and the sum total dealer repairs amounted to a broken plastic catch on the bed extender and a flaky battery both on my Raptor both repaired while I waited.

worried about the new Bronco, hell yes. y'all wait a while so I can get mine first.

crashmc2

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"The callbacks have a "volunteer" status, which means workers are paid if they choose to work but they are not required to work."

This is exactly what everyone needs to do. Stop thinking you can control people over a virus that's been mired in lies and intentionally incorrect information. There are treatments. There are people that can easily resist sickness from it. It's not worse than anything we've seen before, even the flu is worse and we've got a vaccine for it. The government is not the sole decider in safety for American citizens. The people have a say as well. If they accept the risk, that's on them. Not the President. Not Congress. None of the state governors. It's on the individual and their right to do as they please. They can go to work and provide for their family. They can also stay at home and hide. Take your pick, but don't force others to live with your fear. As long as there's governmental concern over it, give people the choice. Don't assume you have godlike authority to control people and keep them at home. That'll tank the economy. Kudos to Ford for continuing to look out for those who want to keep a job. Fear mongers need to go away...

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly, it's still out there
Ford Bronco Ford recalls skeleton crew to begin factory prep Monday 1588090826722

Just like Jill there, gotta get out and deal with it

Just take a few Clorox chewables and yer good to go!
I prefer Zinc, Oil of Oregano, Vitamin D, Colloidal Silver, etc.. The TikToker's can stick with that, and of course:
Ford Bronco Ford recalls skeleton crew to begin factory prep Monday 1588090982310
Ford Bronco Ford recalls skeleton crew to begin factory prep Monday 1588090993582
Ford Bronco Ford recalls skeleton crew to begin factory prep Monday 1588090999564

Just ready for life to resume regardless
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.