Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler 300
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No one really knows for sure what they will call it at this point. It could be a 2021 MY and come out in 2020 like a normal release. They could release it in 2020 and call it a 2020 Ford Bronco because 2020 sounds cooler than 2021. The only thing we know for sure is that it is not a 2020 MY releasing in 2019. I would LOVE to be driving around with the top and doors off in summer 2020 but I doubt it will be available then, most likely it will be November/December 2020 or January/February 2021.

EDIT: Remember that not even the Ford website is consistent. Sometimes it is referenced as 2020 and others as 2021 "available in 2020"
Sponsored

Last edited:

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
From what I understand it’s never been a 2020 model year, always a 2021. But the 2020 has come from it being available late 2020.

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning, Mach 1, Falcon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ugh....I want a simple as fack Bronco. Not more crap that'll break. No turbos, batteries, blah blah. Just a simple 5.0L with a Magnum T-56 behind it please!

wjfawb0 [hacked account]

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ugh....I want a simple as fack Bronco. Not more crap that'll break. No turbos, batteries, blah blah. Just a simple 5.0L with a Magnum T-56 behind it please!
I hear you bonestock. I have a 2010 F150 5.4L V8, a 2015 mustang GT 5.0L V8, and a 2015 jeep wrangler rubicon 3.6L V6. The jeep is by far the slowest and most annoying to drive on the highway. The best tings about my jeep are: Easy to change radio and speakers, manual windows, manual locks, manual transmission, manual transfer case, and manual ignition (who thought I'd praise that but I am after having three fords and a toyota with push button "oh, crap, where are the keys?")

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning, Mach 1, Falcon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I hear you bonestock. I have a 2010 F150 5.4L V8, a 2015 mustang GT 5.0L V8, and a 2015 jeep wrangler rubicon 3.6L V6. The jeep is by far the slowest and most annoying to drive on the highway. The best tings about my jeep are: Easy to change radio and speakers, manual windows, manual locks, manual transmission, manual transfer case, and manual ignition (who thought I'd praise that but I am after having three fords and a toyota with push button "oh, crap, where are the keys?")

Yup! I work on my own crap. I just want it simple. That's why I'd have a hard time owning a supercar where they bolt the "hood" down and force you to take cars in! Look at Tesla....you can't even buy parts for that thing. Sad.....

Sponsored

DonovanJM

First Name
Donovan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang, 2014 Focus
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think you are going to be disappointed. I would be very surprised if there is a V8 option. They have said there is going to be a 7 speed manual though.

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think you are going to be disappointed. I would be very surprised if there is a V8 option. They have said there is going to be a 7 speed manual though.
I've heard so much speculation that I can't recall whether that was something official or not. Can you point out the source please?

DonovanJM

First Name
Donovan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang, 2014 Focus
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've heard so much speculation that I can't recall whether that was something official or not. Can you point out the source please?
Hmm, I guess it isn't official. I thought I remember it being confirmed but all I can find is "may" or "could".

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
There is ZERO chance the bronco comes with a V8. None. Zilch. Zero. Stop even thinking about it because it’s not gonna happen.

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
There is ZERO chance the bronco comes with a V8. None. Zilch. Zero. Stop even thinking about it because it’s not gonna happen.
I agree completely, but:

My question was in reference to the 7-speed. Aside from the rumor mill, I *think* I recall a 7-speed comment being among the quotes from people interviewed after attending the Florida dealer meeting. But again, there has been so much seemingly authoratative speculation surrounding it, I can't recall.

Sponsored

78CreamBrownie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Grey Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is going to be as close to official as you are going to get until the Bronco is officially announced. Take it as knowledgeable speculation.

https://jalopnik.com/the-2020-ford-bronco-could-get-a-7-speed-manual-transmi-1829563048

From the article.

According to sources who spoke with Jalopnik, Ford has tapped Getrag to build a manual transmission for the upcoming 2020 Ford Bronco. The new transmission which is to be dubbed, the MT-88 will be a seven-speed gearbox and will likely be paired with their 2.7-liter EcoBoost V6 engine.

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is going to be as close to official as you are going to get until the Bronco is officially announced. Take it as knowledgeable speculation.

https://jalopnik.com/the-2020-ford-bronco-could-get-a-7-speed-manual-transmi-1829563048

From the article.

According to sources who spoke with Jalopnik, Ford has tapped Getrag to build a manual transmission for the upcoming 2020 Ford Bronco. The new transmission which is to be dubbed, the MT-88 will be a seven-speed gearbox and will likely be paired with their 2.7-liter EcoBoost V6 engine.
The 2.7L engine and the seven speed gearbox would be great that should also mean the Ranger will get this combo

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
It isn’t official but there is someone I’ve messaged with a bit on another forum who has helped a bit with the program. I know this is a bit “my uncle worked at Nintendo” but he said that Ecoboost is going to be the only engine option, and that v8’s are only for F-series and mustang at this point. He basically wouldn’t comment on a lot of the speculation I had, but he did confirm that and stated that it not having a V8 “should be obvious” based on Ford’s direction. (He hinted to look at the raptor.)

Last edited:

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I had written off a V-8 almost from the start, partially due to the EB momentum already present and partially due to CAFE concerns. The applications for large displacement are becoming more and more limited as modern designs encroach on the performance previously found only in that familiar package, and improve on efficiency - other than nostalgia, of course, which I have no problem with. If I had the money for another Sunday driver/garage queen, a Coyote-powered '21 Bronco would be very satisfying.

The practical side of me says forced induction would be beneficial considering altitude. Sucks to trade in the man card and sport a turbo v6, but I guess I already did that some time ago when 4x4 shifters moved to a switch on the dash and hubs became auto-locking.

Now, if Ford offers a novel way to incorporate the electric side of the hybrid system into immense torque for wheeling, that would be revolutionary. I've been waiting for someone to make that leap forward, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of interest. Sadly, I'm not expecting it here either.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The biggest reason I'd want a NA engine over turbo is heat. I had my Fusion Sport on a road course 3 times
and aside from AIT (with stock IC), it was no issue. But get on a muddy or harder obstacle trail, where you might spend 5 minutes
really trying to "get it", and I don't see those smaller turbo motors being very happy.

Even my stockish 400 (cam, 4 bbl intake) on propane (which means it's 130 HP instead of it's stock 156)
was getting real hot in those situation, sometimes. I fixed it with dual tortus fans and a variable speed controller
(and eventually dual 3G alts, which also helps out winching).

http://luxjo.supermotors.net/GREEN_DILYSI/TAURUS FANS/DCP02262.JPG
http://luxjo.supermotors.net/GREEN_DILYSI/TAURUS FANS/FAN CONTROLLER/DCP02264.JPG
http://luxjo.supermotors.net/GREEN_DILYSI/WELDER/3G/IMG_1298.JPG

Be interesting to hear from any who use a factory turbo motor in that situation
and see what their results are.
Sponsored