Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everyone else that I have asked the question about FEs truly being first has said that they will be mixed in with regular production. Do you have any evidence that they will truly be built first?
That's a good question. I got that impression from a conversation with a ford exec I had a few months ago, but it's absolutely possible that it could be mixed with regular production and that could make sense because they couldn't be sure that the fully loaded (crazy expensive in my opinion) first editions would all be reserved, and they wouldn't want to necessarily manufacture them right off the bat before the reservations if there weren't buyers for them. If they are actually mixed with regular production then there is zero justification for an attempt to block the moving of reservations between dealers, and I would hope that customer service person was just misinformed and will be trained on it at some point. Like I said, I already moved my non-FE reservation so the system does exist to make the switch.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Everyone else that I have asked the question about FEs truly being first has said that they will be mixed in with regular production. Do you have any evidence that they will truly be built first?
So who knows how production goes? I would imagine these things are built in batches, but how different will they produce different models? Will the build a bunch of 2 doors, or is it as specific as 2door bases, then 2 door wiltracks, etc. I can't imagine reservation #1 a 2 door base would be built and right next to it #2 a 4 door First edition, but I know nothing about it.

Duck

First Edition
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That's a good question. I got that impression from a conversation with a ford exec I had a few months ago, but it's absolutely possible that it could be mixed with regular production and that could make sense because they couldn't be sure that the fully loaded (crazy expensive in my opinion) first editions would all be reserved, and they wouldn't want to necessarily manufacture them right off the bat before the reservations if there weren't buyers for them. If they are actually mixed with regular production then there is zero justification for an attempt to block the moving of reservations between dealers, and I would hope that customer service person was just misinformed and will be trained on it at some point. Like I said, I already moved my non-FE reservation so the system does exist to make the switch.

Edit: If you go to the ford website for the first edition it says the vehicle will be available "Late 2020", whereas the rest of the models say 2021. Here is the website: First edition (look at fine print under each of the photos, "Preproduction computer generated image shown. Available late 2020."). So yes, I still think the "first" editions really are first editions.
The late 2020 is for the Bronco Sport. Standard Bronco show all trims spring of 21.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So who knows how production goes? I would imagine these things are built in batches, but how different will they produce different models? Will the build a bunch of 2 doors, or is it as specific as 2door bases, then 2 door wiltracks, etc. I can't imagine reservation #1 a 2 door base would be built and right next to it #2 a 4 door First edition, but I know nothing about it.
It would seem to make sense to build all FE at once, since pretty much other than color, they're all the same. They do know now that all have sold out and we are at least 4 months away from scheduling which is a month ahead of job #1.

GreenLantern

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It would seem to make sense to build all FE at once, since pretty much other than color, they're all the same. They do know now that all have sold out and we are at least 4 months away from scheduling which is a month ahead of job #1.
That's what I thought they were going to do.

Build all the FEs, then build all the reservations, then build stock units.

Sponsored

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The late 2020 is for the Bronco Sport. Standard Bronco show all trims spring of 21.
Opps. Post corrected for confusion. Good catch.

79Bronco-iowa

First Name
Iowan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I believe Jeep did something similar to this with the Gladiator Launch edition when that came out.

Indominus49er

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo, Honda
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I was told by marketing that you cannot switch if you have a FE. Any other modlel they said yes.... I reserved out of state so I'm screwed. Oh well, I'm gonna make an epic road trip out of it with my son and travel route 66.

Villagevip

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"68" "72" Broncos, sadly sold, back in the day
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Who desires to buy some of the first brand new Broncos, off a brand new assembly line? History shows, that owners will be spending many hours in the dealership waiting lounge...But hey, plenty of vending machines!..

Beechnd

First Edition
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac XT5
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I reserved a 2 door First Edition at the advice of my dealership sales manager. He said (like the Mach E) when you write the actual order, you can move down in model and options but not up. I’m leaning towards an Outer Banks with Lux and Sasquatch packages. Don’t want leather or vinyl in the SC sun. Like the Rubicon I owned, the top will never be on it. ??

Sponsored

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I was told by marketing that you cannot switch if you have a FE. Any other modlel they said yes.... I reserved out of state so I'm screwed. Oh well, I'm gonna make an epic road trip out of it with my son and travel route 66.
This is the FIRST time anyone has singled at the FE as not being able to switch dealers.. Not saying its not true, but I would look for some collaborating statements before I believed it.

We have also been told 5 different stories on switching models/dealers/plan pricing... So who knows what is fact/true/gonna happen...

Indominus49er

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo, Honda
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This is what marketing told me when I called them on Tuesday. I got referred from customer service to call marketing as they were not able to help. So I had to call on Tuesday since I'm on the west coast and they were closed on Monday already. So after I finally got through to them Tuesday morning, she quickly stated all models except FE can switch. Told me I would have to cancel my order if I didn't want to use the dealer that had been selected. Not the news I was looking for and hopefully not true

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

With all this talk on not being able to switch dealers on a FE and the possibility of a FE only coming with Navy Pier leather (which I hate), I just reserved a Wildtrak just in case the FE doesn't work out. Better to safe than sorry, especially with a refundable $100 deposit.

highonthedesert

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Diesel
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
With all this talk on not being able to switch dealers on a FE and the possibility of a FE only coming with Navy Pier leather (which I hate), I just reserved a Wildtrak just in case the FE doesn't work out. Better to safe than sorry, especially with a refundable $100 deposit.
No matter what, get that FE. You can always buy it and get the dealer to sell it used on consignment for you without it ever leaving the showroom floor.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

No matter what, get that FE. You can always buy it and get the dealer to sell it used on consignment for you without it ever leaving the showroom floor.
The only way I wouldn't get the FE if it comes with Navy interior or if the dealer I have it reserved at trys to jack me on the price. The Wildtrak is my backup plan and the dealer I reserved it at is accepting X Plan.
Sponsored