Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150/Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I reserved a 2 door First Edition at the advice of my dealership sales manager. He said (like the Mach E) when you write the actual order, you can move down in model and options but not up. I’m leaning towards an Outer Banks with Lux and Sasquatch packages. Don’t want leather or vinyl in the SC sun. Like the Rubicon I owned, the top will never be on it. ??
There's no way Ford wouldn't let you upgrade packages(minus the FE). If I reserved a base and then decided I wanted a Wildtrack instead, do you really think they would say no to an extra 20k? You can always go up, down might be a different story
Sponsored

Beechnd

First Edition
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac XT5
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
There's no way Ford wouldn't let you upgrade packages(minus the FE). If I reserved a base and then decided I wanted a Wildtrack instead, do you really think they would say no to an extra 20k? You can always go up, down might be a different story
The sales manger is currently writing orders on the Mach E and had clients that reserved the base wanting to upgrade to a GT and aren’t able to do so. He said it’s due to initial parts allocation base off packages.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The sales manger is currently writing orders on the Mach E and had clients that reserved the base wanting to upgrade to a GT and aren’t able to do so. He said it’s due to initial parts allocation base off packages.
This could be that Mach E is much further along than Bronco is. Something entirely different could apply to the Bronco. Another thing I just noticed is the GT won't be available until late 2021. Other models are this year.

Last edited:

WRF3MD

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150/Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't doubt what he said. And I'm definitely not trying to stir anything up. Just trying to be logical. I can't imagine the mach-e GT demand was very high to begin with, thus a shortage of parts. I'd be willing to bet my new Bronco that Ford is hoping to sell 10/1 Wildtracks/base. And they'd be shooting themselves in the foot to not let you upgrade. Of course, stranger things have happened

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2) Broncos should be getting built in the order they were reserved. So If you ordered on launch day and then a couple days later reserved another one, the first one reserved should be build first.
This matches what our zone rep told me as well, except for the build in order part. He said the plan was to build in order WITHIN COMMODITIES. I suspect the early reservations will be very heavy with Sasquatch V6 orders, so I expect these will likely get pushed back (but built in order of the V6/Sasquatch) while 4 cyl orders that were later reservations will get built ahead of earlier V6 reservations due to production limits. Maybe Ford will guess the right options and have production and orders match, but that's never happened yet so I suspect some delays on certain options.

Sponsored

Badgerbrown

Black Diamond
First Name
Badger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 and a 1979 VW Beetle Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I just spoke to my local rep. I originally reserved a Wildtrak and expressed my desire to change to a badlands.

She called and read me word for word the email she received from her Ford rep/contact/whatever you call them.

1) You CAN change the model in December when you place your order (obviously not to a FE though).
2) Broncos should be getting built in the order they were reserved. So If you ordered on launch day and then a couple days later reserved another one, the first one reserved should be build first.
3) You will be able to change the dealer. She said they will be receiving information from Ford on how this process will work in the next week.

That's all I know!
I actually called Ford for three days straight and finally got customer service rep on so I could ask them this very question (I initially reserved a 4dr base model).

She told me exactly what you have above: "You will be able to change the model along with your additional features in November/December (with the exception to the FE)".

This makes sense since we do not have definitive final numbers on the MSRP costs.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I actually called Ford for three days straight and finally got customer service rep on so I could ask them this very question (I initially reserved a 4dr base model).

She told me exactly what you have above: "You will be able to change the model along with your additional features in November/December (with the exception to the FE)".

This makes sense since we do not have definitive final numbers on the MSRP costs.
Any word if FE reserve folks can switch dealers. Hearing both yes and no .

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We were told (by our Ford rep) switching was going to happen, I'm betting they'll delay this until closer to December so they don't have to switch multiple times.

mystycs

Badlands
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pre-Ordered Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I just spoke to my local rep. I originally reserved a Wildtrak and expressed my desire to change to a badlands.

She called and read me word for word the email she received from her Ford rep/contact/whatever you call them.

1) You CAN change the model in December when you place your order (obviously not to a FE though).
3) You will be able to change the dealer. She said they will be receiving information from Ford on how this process will work in the next week.

That's all I know!
Found the actual quote here in the TOS

https://www.ford.com/help/terms/bronco-and-bronco-sport-reservation/

"2. Sharing of Reservation Information.

You will be required to select a dealer at the time of Reservation. Your information including name, address, e-mail address and vehicle configuration will be shared with the dealer you select. Your credit card information will not be shared. You will be asked to reconfirm this dealer at time of order or select a different dealer."

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m just hoping they stick to building in order as I made my reservation the first night and I’m sure many ahead of me will back out. I like being close to the front of the line.

I’m working a deal with my dealer to display it for a couple of weeks in their showroom if it is the first one they get in exchange for a huge discount on new tires.

Sponsored

ugafan706

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 outer banks sas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
dang, i might let them(my dealer) display mine for 2 weeks if they sell it to me for invoice.

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, the $100 goes to the dealer, but it's through a processing company that every dealer has to use the same one and its all managed through Ford, not the dealers usual credit card company, so switching shouldn't be a big issue.

tazinn11

Wildtrak
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My dealer in Centennial, CO called me within 5 minutes of my reservation made on 07/14 and said orders will take place within 2 months. *shrug*

Are they just flat out wrong? We'll see.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My dealer in Centennial, CO called me within 5 minutes of my reservation made on 07/14 and said orders will take place within 2 months. *shrug*

Are they just flat out wrong? We'll see.
Will be interesting to see how they work that out when production isn't due to start for about 5 months. Unless Ford is so overwhelmed with reservations, they'll try to move production sooner?
Sponsored