Sponsored

Ford Roof Rack Woes.. plastic where it attaches to the windshield header was split

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
On September 20th, I ordered the roof rack for my Bronco. Part number M2DZ9955100BA
Surprisingly, it arrived 2 days later.
However, one of the roof rails was broken.
The plastic where it attaches to the windshield header was split into 2 pieces.
I called, returned it, and they placed an order for a replacement.
Being that it was out of stock, it took a while.
It shipped, and it arrived today, November 13th.

Upon inspection, the header on one of the rails is broken in the same place(except this time, not fully broken off like the first one):

Ford Bronco Ford Roof Rack Woes.. plastic where it attaches to the windshield header was split 1668365066215

Now, what makes this interesting is this time, the way the rails were packed was unusual. One only had a foam wrap and zero support in the box. The other rail was intact, but without the foam wrap, but it had some cardboard support. With that said, the one with cardboard only had an extra layer of cardboard between the rail and the box it goes into which doesn't appear to provide much protection. I am surprised both were not broken.

I am oddly surprised these are even attached before shipping. Therre's more than enough room to have them separate until installation, and its clear they bolt on (see bolt in above photo).

maybe @Ford Motor Company can talk to their supplier and change how these are packaged going forward. I wish it was possible to just get the end piece thats broken, but last time I called, it was not. :( I wonder if it will be another 6 week wait.
Sponsored