First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep. Should be interesting. Im thinking not only the FE people will change their minds and wait but im willing to bet some of the Wildtrak folks will be holding out now for the Warthog as well.
My decision is between a rock/trail/overland worthy build from a BL or wait to get another desert truck, the Warthog. I've been on the side of waiting, feeling the WL just won't quite cut it to be a desert fun truck like the WH (honestly just an OBX with a Sasquatch package, 2.7/10A, and carpet, Ford said it in that brochure) and the WH will just be way nicer than a BL or any other trim. My Raptor is too fun though, so I kinda hope the Warthog comes with a front locker at the very least so it'll justify waiting instead of jumping on a BL now and still get a little trail/OL oriented work out of it. Maybe a limited slip that locks on demand could be on the WH. So it'll work better with the limited slip for high speed f***ery and then slow it down to get off the grid and enjoy some more complicated trails to really get into the backwoods and mountains. Considering we won't know for a couple years what the WH will be equipped with, I'm thinking just go with a truck for each type of application (one desert, one trail). So build out a BL now to pair up with the F150 and skip a WH altogether. But the goon in me wants a Braptor and I'm seriously considering waiting for that reason alone.... I'm going 2.7/10A with Sasquatch anyways, so the only thing to wonder about is the front locker and sway bar disconnect. That's why I'm willing to wait, it would make sense to build the WH with all the gnar.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mad Martigan

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and 1 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The question is now do you want the ULTIMATE BRONCO??? If so you'll just have to cancel your Reservation and wait one more year.

Next question is DO YOU HAVE PATIENCE? Can you wait 1 more year (2 years total) for the ultimate Bronco?

I have to wonder how do the people who Reserved the FE feel about this? Im pretty sure they thought they where getting the ultimate Bronco. This is a stange move for Ford right now if you ask me. I feel like they should have waited awhile.
this is exactly what I’m talking about...

I’m thinking I’m waiting as well.

Last edited:

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
My decision is between a rock/trail/overland worthy build from a BL or wait to get another desert truck, the Warthog. I've been on the side of waiting, feeling the WL just won't quite cut it to be a desert fun truck like the WH (honestly just seems like an OBX with a Sasquatch package, 2.7/10A, and carpet) and the WH will just be way nicer than a BL or any other trim. My Raptor is too fun though, so I kinda hope the Warthog comes with a front locker at the very least so it'll justify waiting instead of jumping on a BL now and still get a little trail/OL oriented work out of it. Maybe a limited slip that locks on demand could be on the WH. So it'll work better with the limited slip for high speed f***ery and then slow it down to get off the grid and enjoy some more complicated trails to really get into the backwoods and mountains. Considering we won't know for a couple years what the WH will be equipped with, I'm thinking just go with a truck for each type of application (one desert, one trail) so build out a BL now. But the goon in me wants a Braptor....
As long as you have the money to own both. Most people can't afford to build out and buy a BadLands now and then take a huge loss trading it in on the new WartHog when it comes out.

crashmc2

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As long as you have the money to own both. Most people can't afford to build out and buy a BadLands now and then take a huge loss trading it in on the new WartHog when it comes out.
I meant keep the F150 Raptor and build out the Badlands, foregoing the Warthog completely in that instance. I reread it a min ago and realized it could be misinterpreted.

lsustang05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Raptor SuperCab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If we know anything about Ford Performance, it’s that first model year vehicles are a train wreck. 2010 Raptor was half-baked and came with the 5.4L motor instead of the 6.2L. 2017 Raptor had tons of QC issues, heard of some motor issues, the oil pan wasn’t even metal in 2017 (seriously...). So I wanted to wait for a Warthog, but at this point I’m thinking I might just forgo a Bronco since it will be at least 2-3 more years before the Warthog has the issues ironed out. I was really excited to get the fam out to explore the national parks and state parks in the West.

Sponsored
OP
OP
JPNC

JPNC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If we know anything about Ford Performance, it’s that first model year vehicles are a train wreck. 2010 Raptor was half-baked and came with the 5.4L motor instead of the 6.2L. 2017 Raptor had tons of QC issues, heard of some motor issues, the oil pan wasn’t even metal in 2017 (seriously...). So I wanted to wait for a Warthog, but at this point I’m thinking I might just forgo a Bronco since it will be at least 2-3 more years before the Warthog has the issues ironed out. I was really excited to get the fam out to explore the national parks and state parks in the West.
Hopefully this was the case for the Raptor since it was the first year for anything of its kind.

Disappointing to hear regardless. Anyone else feel the same as @lsustang05?

I would be interested in hearing multiple perspectives as Warthog is the route I’m currently going.

crashmc2

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hopefully this was the case for the Raptor since it was the first year for anything of its kind.

Disappointing to hear regardless. Anyone else feel the same as @lsustang05?

I would be interested in hearing multiple perspectives as Warthog is the route I’m currently going.
It's just one of those things. Everyone wants it now, but then it's not perfect. Be patient and let Ford do what they need to in order to make things work. I got a 2011 Raptor and it wasn't perfect, but the weird things were fixed. Chirp in the drive shaft (previously ID'd with the 2010 and was fixed under warrantee), bent drain tube in the cab from assembly (fixed under warrantee), and that's it. Aside from a transmission leak at 130k that was just fixed and what I'm suspecting is a blown transfer case, it's been fine and reliable. I'm pretty sure the transfer case went about a year or two ago, but I didn't recognize it thinking it was just the shift motor for it. In any case, these things came with use and some real time behind the wheel. That's to be expected. But also expect an expensive fix when something breaks.

Deleted member 3063

Are all the blue components in the FE interior interchangeable? Grab handle, etc? Might have to swap things out later on.
opt for the lightning blue exterior.

Ford Bronco Ford Says Bronco Warthog ("Whatever is in that photo")  is not for 2021 model year Navy Pier Interior 2021 Ford Bronco First Edition Interior
Ford Bronco Ford Says Bronco Warthog ("Whatever is in that photo")  is not for 2021 model year Navy Pier Interior 2021 Ford Bronco First Edition Interior

Last edited by a moderator:

martinmk003

First Name
martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Bigger dealerships will have more allocation or dealerships that move alot of Broncos will have more allocation. For example, Granger and Stephens will have a nice amount of allocation.

I ordered my 2013 and 2019 Raptor and plan to order a Warthog. When you order it you can order it the way best automatic the you like under 5000 watches. I would never buy a Ford performance vehicle off the lot as dealers equip them with every option to drive up the price.

We are still a ways out for the Warthog. I am sure there will be more updates to come.
yes i totally agree with you, i am hoping the same for having more and more updates
Sponsored