First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Doesn't mean it can't be an option to remove it. As long as it's not a requirement and up to the buyer, it's good to have that option for some.
Sponsored

Gilligans_off

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2 Dr Bronco Badlands Sas/lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They really need to break up the packages. I wanted the big screen and 360 camera but don't need adaptive cruise. I want heated seats and steering wheel but don't care about lane keep assist or auto start stop. Make the options separate so people can pick what they actually want not what they're forced into buying.

davesell

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang GT, 19 Mustang Bullitt, 22 F150 PB
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The more you customize this vehicle by deleting/adding options, the harder it will be to build. I am convinced that Ford should have just built this vehicle with different models and shipped them to dealership parking lots with different colors, options, packages.. etc. Then people would shop their dealerships, pick out the one they like and can afford, and boom you have a vehicle. This system has worked for Ford for decades. The custom build idea has people "optioning up" to "get what they want". This causes a large demand for specific features, ie, hard top, LUX pkgs, SAS... etc. So unless Ford has unlimited supplies for Tech and for other features, this way of purchasing vehicles will be very difficult.... world supply problems or no supply problems!

Jubear

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Honestly, no navigation wouldn’t be a deal breaker for me. I use Apple Maps or Google Maps via CarPlay anyways.

Maybe I’m an anomaly 🤷‍♂️
Same for me. Just build my truck.

Sponsored

Mortonm

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They really need to break up the packages. I wanted the big screen and 360 camera but don't need adaptive cruise. I want heated seats and steering wheel but don't care about lane keep assist or auto start stop. Make the options separate so people can pick what they actually want not what they're forced into buying.
I don't disagree, like how I couldn't get heated seats in my manual black diamond, but your last line is exactly why they do group them, so you will spend more than you wanted or be forced into a higher trim level (like for me I could have gone to the badlands, but I didnt)

Gilligans_off

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2 Dr Bronco Badlands Sas/lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't disagree, like how I couldn't get heated seats in my manual black diamond, but your last line is exactly why they do group them, so you will spend more than you wanted or be forced into a higher trim level (like for me I could have gone to the badlands, but I didnt)
oh I totally get why they do it... but if they're having issues with chips, that would be an easy way to cut some of them out of almost every build

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doesn't mean it can't be an option to remove it. As long as it's not a requirement and up to the buyer, it's good to have that option for some.
Navigation Removal (59D) appears to be required.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn't get navigation - Black Diamond.

Any smart phone has all the navigation anyone needs. Android Google Maps (not sure what iPhone has) gives you turn-by-turn. Why the eff a big screen in the dash is needed is beyond me. I'd rather have really good speakers driven by a big M'fing 800W amp [tucked in the space where the screen is].
I still love the 12" screen; I wouldn't give that up. I think we're all used to large iPad's and big screen TV's now a days lol. I agree the sound system upgrade would be welcomed, but the large screen makes projecting CarPlay/Android Auto, plus all the infotainment stuff much better.

I want to have my cake, and eat it too! :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn't get navigation - Black Diamond.

Any smart phone has all the navigation anyone needs. Android Google Maps (not sure what iPhone has) gives you turn-by-turn. Why the eff a big screen in the dash is needed is beyond me. I'd rather have really good speakers driven by a big M'fing 800W amp [tucked in the space where the screen is].
I don't think the issue is whether Ford Nav or a smart phone is better, or whether Nav should be dropped in favor of better speakers. Those are all personal preferences. The issue is that Ford appears to have removed something and provided zero explanation. If you don't care about Ford Nav, then perhaps it is no big deal, but I'd still be curious to know what exactly was removed, is it a chip that can be added later, or what the heck Navigation Removal (59D) even means.

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Glad I didn't order the APIM yet, going to wait for final confirmation.

---

Keep in mind with Ford's decision to force "government nanny systems" on you, vehicle safety ratings take into account what systems are available vs standard.

If Ford makes (lane keep assist) optional, they get docked points compared to making it standard. You can turn it off if you don't like it, but it's in Ford's best interest to load it up. Being able to advertise "pedestrian detection is standard across our entire product line" sounds great to the average consumer, just like how "4x4 is standard across the entire Bronco family" sounds great to enthusiasts.

In it's later years, the Flex was getting negative safety points because the collision warning didn't have emergency braking and only came on the highest trim.

---

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a further logistics reasoning -- For example, Base is a standard windshield, no mount for the camera while all higher trims have SoundScreen windshields with the camera mount. They aren't going to manufacture a third windshield for SoundScreen without mount.

Last edited:

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I keep wondering who's behind Ford Authority? They've never had useful info and often error-based 'news'. Worse than BN by far! lol

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The lower three trims don't have lane assist as standard.
Weird. Precollision warning is standard, but not ahb/lka. All three use a windshield-mounted vision camera, with collision warning being the most advanced... so is it just disabled in software, or an intentionally crippled camera?

If it can visually detect cars and pedestrians, it can detect lane markings and headlights

---

And maybe I'm just the big dumb, but I've never actually seen any evidence of the nav Delete. FordAuthority claimed it was in the order guide as option 59D. I can download a 2022 Bronco Order Guide straight from Ford's website and despite it showing "Effective Job 2", there's no hint of navigation delete or 59D anywhere.
Sponsored

Last edited: