Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

They called it a Mustang. So what.

It really, really, really, really, really doesn't matter. Like seriously. It is borderline inconsequential. Of all the things in the world to get upset about, a car name shouldn't even be a blip on the radar. Your neighbor's dog pissing in your yard should be ten times as aggravating and that doesn't even matter either.

Get a grip and loosen up. Get some perspective. Take a shower and go for a walk. Chill with the Mach E outrage already.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Goes

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4 dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Die hard mustang fan here. I hated the Mach E name at first until I realized Ford’s genius.

it was free advertising to call it a mustang. I have no problems with it. Waiting on a hybrid bronco now :)
I asked a member of the local Mustang club if they would allow Mach e owners to join their club, and he replied” Oh gosh No”.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
doesn’t shock me but eventually they’ll see it’s dumb and let them in
I asked a member of the local Mustang club if they would allow Mach e owners to join their club, and he replied” Oh gosh No”.

Rollerstud98

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know, once they realize they can't keep up with them they may be so butthurt that they never allow them to join! Lol

Sponsored

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
By that time, those people will have said "fuck it, fuck you, we'll start our own club" and move the hell on from dipshits that think calling it a Mustang is important.

Boomers. That's who thinks it's important ?

SnrPhnx

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Eruption Green OBX 314A 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The Mach-E will, most probably, be a revolutionary vehicle and tremendous success for Ford. As a long-time Mustang enthusiast, I am counted among those who feel it simply dilutes the Mustang name and heritage. Not because it is an all-electric, but because it is a four-door hatchback. Great car, necessary car, but, not a Mustang, IMHO.

p.s. The license plate that will hang on my Bronco (should it arrive).

Ford Bronco Ford says future vehicles not interrupted CC4FD913-059A-4462-AC88-FF53241A7DBA

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Similar? A BRZ is "similar" to a Mustang.

Of course something AWD gets out of the hole faster. Doesn't make it a Mustang.

You are confusing me with someone who thinks Ford should not have made the Mach-E.
And none of the other manufacturers degraded the name of their top line Sports car.

So you are saying the Mach-E is going to be super fast, the world wants SUV's, they needed it to keep Mustang for CAFE, but it couldn't possibly stand on it's own, with just stealing one of the real Mustang's trim names?? Telling!!!!!!!!!!

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning, Mach 1, Falcon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Well...most people are retarded and just like the Bronco Sport...they'll think that thing will be the Bronco. It's the epitome of dilution.

Sponsored

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
They called it a Mustang. So what.

It really, really, really, really, really doesn't matter. Like seriously. It is borderline inconsequential. Of all the things in the world to get upset about, a car name shouldn't even be a blip on the radar. Your neighbor's dog pissing in your yard should be ten times as aggravating and that doesn't even matter either.

Get a grip and loosen up. Get some perspective. Take a shower and go for a walk. Chill with the Mach E outrage already.
By that time, those people will have said "fuck it, fuck you, we'll start our own club" and move the hell on from dipshits that think calling it a Mustang is important.

Boomers. That's who thinks it's important ?
And I'm sure no one will mistake the Bronco Sport for the real Bronco and decide they don't like it. OOPS!!, already happened.

So name's don't matter huh, hypocrite!!!!!!!!!!

If you look at the confusion on Jalopnik and other sites, it is very clear that this should have been named the Maverick or, really, anything but "Bronco <adjective>". Then again, we weren't supposed to see this yet so, per Ford's current alleged timetable, we would have seen the Bronco Bronco first. But I don't think even that would have cleared up confusion.
We get it, you two couldn't care less if the Mustang was called the Ford Toaster. But there is a reason someone will pay 60 or maybe even 100 grand ADM for a GT500. Same reason it will be an instant collectors items. Of course the purchasing of millions of aftermarket parts for the Mustang is irrational, which is why you don't want to mess with it. The only thing you can do to the most iconic car name plate on the planet, is either attempt to maintain it, or not. Calling the Mach-E a Mustang will degrade that.

I'm technically 1 year out from being officially a "Boomer". But guess what, we are the one's with the money and we buy more mustangs (especially the expensive one's) than whatever group you are in.

And since we have most of the money (disposable), we will also be ensuring the new Bronco survives. Many younger people (my own niece and husband even) don't even want a car at all.

And I'm not sure why one would think a severe passion for cars, a car name, or any hobby means someone must be enraged if they have a strong opinion about it. I'm not the one on here telling others to calm down, attempting to suppress opinions I don't like. So who is the one that is really "enraged"??

Last edited:

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

And I'm sure no one will mistake the Bronco Sport for the real Bronco and decide they don't like it. OOPS!!, already happened.

So name's don't matter huh, hypocrite!!!!!!!!!!

We get it, you two couldn't care less if the Mustang was called the Ford Toaster. But there is a reason someone will pay 60 or maybe even 100 grand ADM for a GT500. Same reason it will be an instant collectors items. Of course the purchasing of millions of aftermarket parts for the Mustang is irrational, which is why you don't want to mess with it. The only thing you can do to the most iconic car name plate on the planet, is either attempt to maintain it, or not. Calling the Mach-E a Mustang will degrade that.

I'm technically 1 year out from being officially a "Boomer". But guess what, we are the one's with the money and we buy more mustangs (especially the expensive one's) than whatever group you are in.

And since we have most of the money (disposable), we will also be ensuring the new Bronco survives. Many younger people (my own niece and husband even) don't even want a car at all.

And I'm not sure why one would think a severe passion for cars, a car name, or any hobby means someone must be enraged if they have a strong opinion about it. I'm not the one on here telling others to calm down, attempting to suppress opinions I don't like. So who is the one that is really "enraged"??
Wow that's a lot of exclamation points, Jim.

I'm glad to hear your age group has the money. Really happy for you all, that's fantastic. It's a shame that they're using that money to artificially inflate car values, effectively closing people with the same aspirations but less money out of the market, but then again the Golden Rule really is, "He who has the Gold makes the Rules".

Sorry to hear your niece and husband don't want a car, but really that's not so unusual and it's their choice to make, in the end..

I've got some free time so I suppose I'll elaborate on my past comments.

The Ford Bronco has been out of production for 24 years. So when Ford names two sport utility vehicles "Bronco", after there has been no Bronco for two and half decades, it is going to cause confusion. Especially since most people are unaware that Bronco is meant to be a family of vehicles now. That confusion was made worse by the CUV Bronco inadvertently coming to light first.

So, in a discussion about the Bronco Sport, I stated that it would have been better to name it something else to avoid this confusion. Now that they've actually named it the Bronco Sport, the only annoyance I'll get is from reminding people that they are reintroducing Bronco as a brand, not a single vehicle, and also from people trying to use my hypothetical statements to prove I'm a "hypocrite!!!!!!!!!!." Also OJ references. Those are still annoying, but I'm getting used to it.

In contrast, the Mustang has been in continuous production for 55 years. It's been stuck on some very terrible vehicles and many fantastic vehicles over the years. So when they say "hey here's an all-electric SUV that will be added to the Mustang lineup" it's just the name living on as it always has and, presumably, always will.

Automotive enthusiasm doesn't need gatekeepers, Jim. The reaction to the Mustang Mach E's name is primarily from gatekeepers. People who claim to have all the money, and all the Mustangs, and think that this somehow means they have the right to tell people what is real and what is not. Somehow their form of enthusiasm is the correct form. Who is suppressing who, Jim? (Trick question - it's an open forum, and disagreement is not suppression).

I never said "don't passionately like Mustangs." I want a '65 as much as I want a fox body Cobra as much as I want a Terminator as much as I want a Mach E. But don't turn your passion in to a criteria for acceptance of other's preferences.

I do have to apologize for my occasional tendency to take to hyperbole on the internet. It's a character flaw - I shouldn't let my mood affect my written statements.

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning, Mach 1, Falcon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
In contrast, the Mustang has been in continuous production for 55 years. It's been stuck on some very terrible vehicles and many fantastic vehicles over the years. So when they say "hey here's an all-electric SUV that will be added to the Mustang lineup" it's just the name living on as it always has and, presumably, always will.

Automotive enthusiasm doesn't need gatekeepers, Jim. The reaction to the Mustang Mach E's name is primarily from gatekeepers. People who claim to have all the money, and all the Mustangs, and think that this somehow means they have the right to tell people what is real and what is not. Somehow their form of enthusiasm is the correct form. Who is suppressing who, Jim? (Trick question - it's an open forum, and disagreement is not suppression).
Add that Mach E suv thing to that list! haha!

Not that the vehicle is bad...it's actually ok IMO. But it shouldn't have anything to do with the Mustang nameplate.

Top Mach

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands,1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The threads have been dead lately, I am really enjoying this debate.

Last edited:

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Wow that's a lot of exclamation points, Jim.

I'm glad to hear your age group has the money. Really happy for you all, that's fantastic. It's a shame that they're using that money to artificially inflate car values, effectively closing people with the same aspirations but less money out of the market, but then again the Golden Rule really is, "He who has the Gold makes the Rules".

Sorry to hear your niece and husband don't want a car, but really that's not so unusual and it's their choice to make, in the end..

I've got some free time so I suppose I'll elaborate on my past comments.

The Ford Bronco has been out of production for 24 years. So when Ford names two sport utility vehicles "Bronco", after there has been no Bronco for two and half decades, it is going to cause confusion. Especially since most people are unaware that Bronco is meant to be a family of vehicles now. That confusion was made worse by the CUV Bronco inadvertently coming to light first.

So, in a discussion about the Bronco Sport, I stated that it would have been better to name it something else to avoid this confusion. Now that they've actually named it the Bronco Sport, the only annoyance I'll get is from reminding people that they are reintroducing Bronco as a brand, not a single vehicle, and also from people trying to use my hypothetical statements to prove I'm a "hypocrite!!!!!!!!!!." Also OJ references. Those are still annoying, but I'm getting used to it.

I never said "don't passionately like Mustangs." I want a '65 as much as I want a fox body Cobra as much as I want a Terminator as much as I want a Mach E. But don't turn your passion in to a criteria for acceptance of other's preferences.

I do have to apologize for my occasional tendency to take to hyperbole on the internet. It's a character flaw - I shouldn't let my mood affect my written statements.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like exclamation points, Eric!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And yes, the people with way more money than me get to make even more rules,
welcome to the world. Not sure why you are trying to steer the discussion into a
rich man bad conversation, solely due to the fact that mustangs are expensive, bought
by people who have more money than most, and those people are not happy they put
that name on a 4 door SUV.

So as long as I "passionately like Mustangs" in a form that doesn't get you enraged, thats OK??
That's not going to happen for me and at least 15,000 others who signed the petition. Add
another zero to that figure, BTW, to those that don't even go on the internet, but who feel
just like I do.

The fact that you don't want to protect (see I can pick a word, like you, that makes what I want sound great, just like you tried to make it sound horrible) the original vision of the Mustang (2dr, low slung, long hood, sporty car), is your right. I will never change my opinion, will keep being the protector of that original vision, and keep saying

Just didn't see the point of pissing off millions of die hard Mustang fans, using a name that is not going to sell any more Mach-E's, than it would without the Mustang name. You may never understand what truly drives a hard core Mustang fan, but that does not mean Ford should have dismissed their passion.
Sponsored