Sponsored

Ford says future vehicles not interrupted

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The threads have been dead lately, I am really enjoying this debate.
I always learn something from them, even if it is something that does
not support my opinion.
Sponsored

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like exclamation points, Eric!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And yes, the people with way more money than me get to make even more rules,
welcome to the world. Not sure why you are trying to steer the discussion into a
rich man bad conversation, solely due to the fact that mustangs are expensive, bought
by people who have more money than most, and those people are not happy they put
that name on a 4 door SUV.

So as long as I "passionately like Mustangs" in a form that doesn't get you enraged, thats OK??
That's not going to happen for me and at least 15,000 others who signed the petition. Add
another zero to that figure, BTW, to those that don't even go on the internet, but who feel
just like I do.

The fact that you don't want to protect (see I can pick a word, like you, that makes what I want sound great, just like you tried to make it sound horrible) the original vision of the Mustang (2dr, low slung, long hood, sporty car), is your right. I will never change my opinion, will keep being the protector of that original vision, and keep saying
We don't know each other that well, Jim, so please don't assign intent or emotion to anything I haven't explicitly said. I'm not steering the discussion in any direction, I'm responding to your statements point by point. Prices are being pumped up above the value of the vehicles which pushes people out of the market. That's a shame for the people who can't afford the car they dream of owning as a result. That's not bad if you have money, and acknowledging that the market is this way is not to be confused for naiveté.

I really don't see why you think I'm enraged. I'm engaged, for now, in this conversation, but I really have to say that my appeal for calm and a sense of perspective comes from anything BUT rage.

My point is that the Mustang, and every thing it was built on, and everything that it means to people, will not be wiped away by the Mach E. Anything but. Attacking the car because of Ford's choice to put it under the Mustang brand reeks of the sort of exclusionism that is sure to push people away and I really don't see the point of pushing people away for something so trivial. Especially when, by your own admittance, younger people just aren't in to cars anymore. Maybe because car enthusiasts work so hard to keep them out?

We've already wasted a thousand words on this. That's probably enough for now. I definitely agree that you will never change your opinion, and I have a giant stump to grind, so I'm out. Peace.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

………………………………………………………………. younger people just aren't in to cars anymore. Maybe because car enthusiasts work so hard to keep them out?

We just had this discussion at the local battery shop this morning. So The local dirt track promoter was saying how there is a group that come up there to race, and have for years, and more specific generations. Who now even though they have grown up with their parents at the track the new generations that grow up at the track have no interest in it. only interest is the x-box or their computer or phone.

It seems as though none wants to apply themselves to anything anymore if it doesn't have to do with their phone then they don't want anything to do with it. Every one has their panties in a bunch about this COVID -19 shit, what happens when the solar flare hits and everyone's phones don't work no more ???? Better stock up on ammo guys …… things are only going to get worst.

Reactions: OX1

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
We don't know each other that well, Jim, so please don't assign intent or emotion to anything I haven't explicitly said. I'm not steering the discussion in any direction, I'm responding to your statements point by point. Prices are being pumped up above the value of the vehicles which pushes people out of the market. That's a shame for the people who can't afford the car they dream of owning as a result. That's not bad if you have money, and acknowledging that the market is this way is not to be confused for naiveté.

I really don't see why you think I'm enraged. I'm engaged, for now, in this conversation, but I really have to say that my appeal for calm and a sense of perspective comes from anything BUT rage.

My point is that the Mustang, and every thing it was built on, and everything that it means to people, will not be wiped away by the Mach E. Anything but. Attacking the car because of Ford's choice to put it under the Mustang brand reeks of the sort of exclusionism that is sure to push people away and I really don't see the point of pushing people away for something so trivial. Especially when, by your own admittance, younger people just aren't in to cars anymore. Maybe because car enthusiasts work so hard to keep them out?

We've already wasted a thousand words on this. That's probably enough for now. I definitely agree that you will never change your opinion, and I have a giant stump to grind, so I'm out. Peace.
Maybe next time you should not start off telling someone their opinion

"really, really, really, really, really doesn't matter."

Your original response was highly emotional or it's intent was to attempt
to invoke an emotional response.

"Get a grip and loosen up. Get some perspective. Take a shower and go for a walk. Chill with the Mach E outrage already."

I'm not attacking the car, I am attacking the naming of the car. You don't appear to care much about the Mustang heritage or name, so not even sure why you chimed in at all.

And I hate to tell you , but exclusiveness drives many a car sale, especially on the high end.
The Mustang isn't super exclusive, but at least it's name was. And I'm pretty sure if you want to play ping pong at a chess club, they are going to frown on that. That is how far apart these two vehicles are.

There are many more Mustang enthusiast that don't like the Mach-E being a Mustang than do.
Go read even the 6G board, which is going to lean towards more modern vehicles and younger buyers.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...-hostility-and-resentfulness-here-now.133544/

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
We just had this discussion at the local battery shop this morning. So The local dirt track promoter was saying how there is a group that come up there to race, and have for years, and more specific generations. Who now even though they have grown up with their parents at the track the new generations that grow up at the track have no interest in it. only interest is the x-box or their computer or phone.

It seems as though none wants to apply themselves to anything anymore if it doesn't have to do with their phone then they don't want anything to do with it. Every one has their panties in a bunch about this COVID -19 shit, what happens when the solar flare hits and everyone's phones don't work no more ???? Better stock up on ammo guys …… things are only going to get worst.
I wasn't going to go there, but you opened up. That is the real reason car manufacturers need to pay attention to those with the money, as the kids today don't want anything to do with it. My brother had a swapped in 351W, 4 door Granada in college, so definitely was a car guy. But his 3 boys just aren't interested.

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wasn't going to go there, but you opened up. That is the real reason car manufacturers need to pay attention to those with the money, as the kids today don't want anything to do with it. My brother had a swapped in 351W, 4 door Granada in college, so definitely was a car guy. But his 3 boys just aren't interested.
Maybe that is just the way the generations change because my father was NOT a car guy at all !! He would just buy something and after a few years trade it in on something else. never modify, restore, fix/repair, etc. even had the local shop change the oil. Once I got out of school, got on my feet, and proved to him I was going to amount to something and not be a couch potato. I just paid and did all the work for him, myself, but by then he didn't drive as much.

I remember every time I would find a car to buy he would say " That's too much for that junk" I would think to myself …….. how would you know you don't even know how to work on one let alone how much it would cost to fix. I ended up with some junk but I ended up with some cool shit I learned by experience but always have his voice in the back of my head with all those little sayings about life .

78 Granada, 2 Dr, 302, 2 BBL, Tan, one-wheel peel for as long as you wanted !!!

Bought it in 87, $500, put a 4 BBL, some gears, posi, etc. Fun ride till I let a buddy of mine take his girlfriend home and he wrapped a sign pole around the door. COOL CAR.

edit: forgot to say so far my son like the four-wheeling stuff on the grizzlies so I still hold out hope ?

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
the new generations that grow up at the track have no interest in it. only interest is the x-box or their computer or phone.
I'm not up on the details, but seems I read this week NASCAR's race will be all virtual. Drivers sitting at home with joysticks racing against each other. I watched a 10 second clip...looked real to me.

I'll bet most pro sports will be virtual within 10 years. Think of the NFL concussion problem...do all those billionaire owners want their fortunes exposed to that liability?

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm not up on the details, but seems I read this week NASCAR's race will be all virtual. Drivers sitting at home with joysticks racing against each other. I watched a 10 second clip...looked real to me.

I'll bet most pro sports will be virtual within 10 years. Think of the NFL concussion problem...do all those billionaire owners want their fortunes exposed to that liability?

I get it, technology is great but is that really an athlete/driver ??? That would mean I could win KOH and never actually race, on the actual course. How is that the same ???? amazing what we have come to.?

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
78 Granada, 2 Dr, 302, 2 BBL, Tan, one-wheel peel for as long as you wanted !!!

Bought it in 87, $500, put a 4 BBL, some gears, posi, etc. Fun ride till I let a buddy of mine take his girlfriend home and he wrapped a sign pole around the door. COOL CAR.

edit: forgot to say so far my son like the four-wheeling stuff on the grizzlies so I still hold out hope ?
His Granada met a similar fate. Came out and from a parking area next to his, that was significantly higher, some girl with a Honda ended up right on top of his Granada (parked and he wasn't in it).

He then inherited my Limon, which was a green 69 2Dr. Galaxie with a yellow front end. He ended up wrecking front end and was all happy about getting another color front end. Had it delivered, site unseen, and it was the same puke yellow. Pretty funny.............

Good to hear on your son. It does seem like if there is any hope, it will be on the fourwheeling side.
Many families out to the bronc events.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How is that the same ???? amazing what we have come to.
it's ALL just entertainment. In 1599 Londoners herded into the Globe Theater to see Shakespeare's plays. Today we just watch TV. Evolution.

Top Mach

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands,1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just a thought, what if The Mach E came out as a rear wheel drive two door first? Maybe called the Sport. Followed by the four door all wheel drive later? Please discuss.

RupertH

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rupert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mostly
Just a thought, what if The Mach E came out as a rear wheel drive two door first? Maybe called the Sport. Followed by the four door all wheel drive later? Please discuss.
Still got that cheeseburger and six foot erection, eh? ;)
screen-shot-2018-01-06-at-10-01-27-am.png

"No no no. We need to keep fighting. Make a couple of stops on our way home from the Persian Gulf. First stop! Vietnam! Surprise the fuck out of those people, huh?" "You make a movie?" "Not this time, pal!"

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That’s what I wish they would’ve done with the “Mustang Mach-E” moniker. They could’ve named that fucking crossover ANYTHING else and it would sell better seeing as it wouldn’t have pissed off Mustang fans

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Wait wait wait.

Hold up.

The "people with the money", "the rich" are buying all the mustangs?

Hahahaha.

People with money don't look at fucking Mustangs.

Mustangs are bought by forty thousandaires after their first divorce.

When they get remarried and the kids move out...they buy the GT500.
Sponsored