rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes, Ford did say that reservation stamp would be ONE PART of the process, but they also warned that it would not strictly be "first come, first served" and that it would be a complicated process due to parts, inventory, allocations, etc. They were also careful in many of the statements to make sure they referred to the original 2021 January-march ordering dates.

It seems that everyone took just one piece of the process and forgot about all of the other issues and assumed that the rules would apply forever.

Why would it ever make sense for Ford to ship so many units to a single dealer when it would clearly alienate their other dealers to do so?
That was after people who put in reservation in 2020 placed orders but they did have the chance to mover there reservation/order to the dealers but dealers did not know there allocations would be tell the start of the year so its not like a person could switch a dealer with a allocation for 2022 back at anytime in 2021 .Nothing what you saying was told to dealers Or to people reservations back in 2020 or early 2021 because a dealer would not take 1300 orders if they thought it would take 7 or 8 years to fill them all .
Sponsored

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Excitement is pretty much a sales tactic. It causes people to let their guard down a bit because they see everyone else lining up and feel they need to as well or miss out on something. They commit themselves before doing their homework and as is now apparent, many regrets.
Please, inform me on what "homework" I could have done with the information everybody had at the time? I'm all ears.

And you're assuming I regret ordering from Granger. I still don't regret it.

widnere12

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

That was after people who put in reservation in 2020 placed orders but they did have the chance to mover there reservation/order to the dealers but dealers did not know there allocations would be tell the start of the year so its not like a person could switch a dealer with a allocation for 2022 back at anytime in 2021 .Nothing what you saying was told to dealers Or to people reservations back in 2020 or early 2021 because a dealer would not take 1300 orders if they thought it would take 7 or 8 years to fill them all .
Unfortunately that’s incorrect. If you watch the December 2020 interview with Ford I also added to this thread, The information was out there after reservations, but a month before orders went live.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Please, inform me on what "homework" I could have done with the information everybody had at the time? I'm all ears.

And you're assuming I regret ordering from Granger. I still don't regret it.
I'm just going by me here. Knowing that Ford already had come after the dealer because they didn't like what they were doing. Add to that the massive number of reservations the dealer had already. I recently stumbled onto a couple of threads from Sept and Oct 2020 discussing allocation linked further back in this thread. It was apparent way back then that a small dealer that had only 1 of the 3 key elements in their favor for allocation. So doing MY homework, all of that told me I should probably not get into that line. I wasn't anyway, since I have a long time trusted dealer to work with.
I can't and don't speak for the happiness of anyone that chose that dealer. If it works for you, you made the right choice. I am assuming though that there are many that don't feel the same.

Last edited:

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Unfortunately that’s incorrect. If you watch the December 2020 interview with Ford I also added to this thread, The information was out there after reservations, but a month before orders went live.
I also linked 2 threads discussing allocation from Sept and Oct 2020 that dispute much of what newer members keep saying about changes.

Sponsored

Essexbronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
After 2 1/2 months of multiple phone conversations with Ford trying to move our order from Granger to a local dealer, I was informed today that Ford will NOT ALLOW the order transfer. ALL order holders at Granger, Stephens, etc must wait MANY YEARS to get their Broncos.

We were told we could move our orders to dealers that have allocation, but @Ford Motor Company has decided to not allow this. Many people, besides myself, have endured hours of waiting on hold over and over again to resolve this issue. What a fooKing waste of time! Based upon Granger's order list, my wife may receive her Bronco in 2026-2027. Any guesses about the price guarantee 4-5 years from now?
I’ll sell you my 2021 4dr outer banks for 70k Canadian

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I also linked 2 threads discussing allocation from Sept and Oct 2020 that dispute much of what newer members keep saying about changes.
Believe me, many of us tried to get a local dealer to agree on pricing. We have over a hundred people in Colorado that are connected to each other that tried. Most dealers didnt want to bother with a sale that was a year or two down the road, or didnt have anyone that knew anything about the Bronco, and for sure didnt want to put any pricing in writing, which is something Ford has told us to get. The only time they started caring is when they realized how many sales they had lost.
Agreed, by October of 2020 people started realizing that it was going to be a while before they got their Broncos.... something like summer of 2022, not summer of 2025.
Ford also said they would build reservations in order of timestamp, not including commodity constraints, and that kept people with their dealer because we knew eventually we would get one. Bottom line is that things changed along the way.
Price protection is only good through 2023. Why would anyone sign up at a dealer knowing they wouldnt get one until after 2023. People made the best decisions they could at the time with the information we had at the time.

Last edited:

Dsevard

Outer Banks
First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sequoia & FJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I move from Missouri to Florida last summer and Ford would not allow me to transfer my Bronco. I had to pay $1500 to have it shipped to me. Ford said I could cancel my order and reorder with another dealer but my reservation number would not stay the same.

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/a
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We pretty much knew this was the case. The OP is just validating what folks had already observed. The newest part is that he was actually told this versus getting the run-around.

To the I told you so crowd, the rules were changed AFTER our last opportunity to change dealerships. Allocations and how those are determined play a much higher role in folks getting their vehicles. Yes it is in their purview to change the rules but that is a sucky way to do business and retain customer loyalty.

And it doesn't have anything to do with interstate commerce. We had the option of moving our reservation from one dealership to another. And no we can't just place a new order...that option has been removed as well.

Sponsored
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/a
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I move from Missouri to Florida last summer and Ford would not allow me to transfer my Bronco. I had to pay $1500 to have it shipped to me. Ford said I could cancel my order and reorder with another dealer but my reservation number would not stay the same.

Yup! I tried to change my dealer since they told me after I placed my order there would be a $10k markup. I Place the dealer change request in October 2021, have had 3 case numbers and no movement. It's insane, don't tell us we can request a change and then not honor it. I will never get a Bronco at this point!

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't like when they change the rules.
Sponsored