Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is no other position to take on this subject than this one right here. Any other interpretation is willful ignorance.
Until you realize he's talking about getting his THIRD Bronco - after having received 2 of them already (and selling 1 of those 2).
Sponsored

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
After 2 1/2 months of multiple phone conversations with Ford trying to move our order from Granger to a local dealer, I was informed today that Ford will NOT ALLOW the order transfer. ALL order holders at Granger, Stephens, etc must wait MANY YEARS to get their Broncos.

We were told we could move our orders to dealers that have allocation, but @Ford Motor Company has decided to not allow this. Many people, besides myself, have endured hours of waiting on hold over and over again to resolve this issue. What a fooKing waste of time! Based upon Granger's order list, my wife may receive her Bronco in 2026-2027. Any guesses about the price guarantee 4-5 years from now?
Just a FYI, I was an October reservation holder with Granger. I placed a new order with Baxter West Dodge in Omaha December 1st 2021 and now have a new Bronco in my garage took delivery March 8.
Boy, where to start...
I guess line by line;

No, allocations did not exist for the Bronco during the initial reservation period. Ford hyped it as a new way to sell cars. You picked any dealer you preferred and you would get built before dealer stock and in order (roughly). That was it. The entire basis for any reservation system. You reserve or you wait until all other reservations are filled before being able to get one. That takes care of your first point about everybody knowing about how allocations work. There simply weren't any, they were implicitly included with each reservation in priority order of timestamp. There is no wiggle room or discussion on that point. Ford suckered in a lot of people before pulling the bait and switch on it.

Ford stopping new orders, this was about the only thing Ford communicated to the reservation holders via email, the rest of it has never been communicated to us (you know things from the forum and internet, but you go back to your emails and see exactly what Ford did to keep you informed. It was not much. They did not point out that they were stopping the all reservations before dealer stock, they did not point out that allocations no longer went with the reservation (which was implicit in the original terms), Ford simply and sneakily updated the terms and condition without notification of same and pretended it was always that way. As far as dealers being over-provisioned, No, not in the slightest, I am unaware of any dealer having more resources then the peak demand they have at the dealership. I suspect you do not understand the term 'over-provisioned' and have used it incorrectly as it does not fit in with your argument. If you actually meant under-provisioned, then yes, all dealers are under-provisioned.

Granger did not over sell. That is the point that the apologists and Ford proper keeps glossing over; Granger did not order a bajillion Broncos for stock to sell, each and every single order was from people who got a reservation under terms which Ford set up and which Ford gave a written promise that they would be built before dealer stock, putting a maximum theoretical wait time of about a year if there were no commodity restraints. It did not matter what dealer you picked. That was directly from Ford. Even after the first sneaky allocation formula was uncovered, it still contained a portion related to the number of reservations (Ford no longer considers reservations in the allocation formula at all, says all you need to know about how much Ford respects the reservationists) and Granger tried to use even deeper discounts to help the early reservations they had that were going to be screwed by the bait and switch Ford did with the reservation system. Nobody but Ford knew they would again ream the reservation holders by getting rid of the 'all reservations before stock' term after they were all locked into dealers for 2022MY.

Now there are rumblings about Ford officially not allowing people to move orders, something that everyone already knew, but Ford refused to tell us that the process they set up was bullshit all along. Just stringing people along.

If this latest news is correct, and it would fit in with the history of this launch, Ford is making a huge move to get rid of the remaining reservations. Price protections expire at the end of 2023. That is documented by Ford. There will be thousands of people who made a reservation and ordered in good faith that will lose that protection at smaller dealers across the country. If they are locked into their current dealer, it makes sure Ford can use allocations to cut out as many people as they want from those price protections. It also means that dealers know they can automatically jack up ADM to match the new pricing because people cannot switch and keep the old pricing. There is no advantage to putting in a new order over paying the equivalent ADM (not even considering the wait time). This will lead to even more ADM and more people getting locked out of price protections.

Ford continues to find new ways to drive (pun intended) their reputation to levels below used car dealers and chicken thieves.
What makes you the expert bro? Grainger themselves said they were expecting to get around 300 under the old system. There was always an allocation system just like there is with every other manufacturer. No way was Grainger going to deliver 1,200 broncos nor did they expect to.
I'll give you this point should have been clarified but the $100 reservation was not a guarantee of anything. The reason Granger offered the October deal was to increase their allocation. Again this is their own words.

RedolentSurge

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'd love to know what percentage of the, "I'm never getting my Bronco, I hate Ford!" members thought they'd save $1K by being part of some experimental, mass-order promotion offered by a small dealership operating in an industry governed by well-established norms.

I ordered with a dealer in late December, at MSRP with a counter-signed purchase agreement. My Bronco rolled off the line 3/26. It's on a train to NH now.

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

$15 million split between lots of dealers.

Times 150k. That’s $15 million. But the money goes to the dealer not Ford.

When did your wife reserve/order? Why did you not order at your Miami dealer? From my knowledge there are still 7/13-14 reservations not being built for the next year.

1. Never buy a Ford again.
2. Buy a JL until the Bronco comes in.
3. Order a 23 Bronco from a big dealer hopefully at msrp.
4. Give your Bronco to your wife and buy a TRX!

Rickey498

Big Bend
First Name
Rickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I knew they were going to do that so I ordered a new one from a local dealer in October and I should be receiving if all goes well in mid April.

Sponsored

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Imagine owning 2 bronco's already, and complaining that you can't transfer your reservation for a 3rd....
Agreed. 100% D-bag complaint.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
And it also stuck it to all the small dealers with limited allocations which in turn stuck it to the customers who ordered from them. My dealer was not "under invoice" and the reason I chose them was due to good past experience with them both for service and sales.

Meanwhile - to rub salt in the wound, a person I work with just showed up at work with a 2 door Badlands which he got lucky and walked into a dealership and bought for MSRP last weekend.
Agree this big dealer small dealer talk is bull poo. Granger isn't exactly small, they sell Chrysler Dodge and Ford products and give shoppers rides in a golf cart to get around a lot. I'm sure there are tons of even smaller dealers that can't match their offer. That said of course it is in Ford's best interest not to piss off their most productive dealers.

BigGarnet

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd love to know what percentage of the, "I'm never getting my Bronco, I hate Ford!" members thought they'd save $1K by being part of some experimental, mass-order promotion offered by a small dealership operating in an industry governed by well-established norms.

I ordered with a dealer in late December, at MSRP with a counter-signed purchase agreement. My Bronco rolled off the line 3/26. It's on a train to NH now.
More like saving $3,400 or so...as it's $1k below invoice, not MSRP. I think with doc fees being cheaper too, I saved a bit over $4k from a different dealer who was discounting as well. I have also had mine for several months, so you on your high horse are still waiting and also paying $4k+ more.

Anyway, I do have sympathy for the rest of the discount order holders, as they proceeded based on what @Ford Motor Company clearly communicated when they reserved. No one should have been expected to have Ford back off on their clear commitment to reservation holders. Arrogant, out of touch, and resentful statements towards those people who trusted Ford at their word are in poor taste and reflect badly on the person.

That said, OP is not in that category and deserves no sympathy...he has received 2 Bronocs, and is merely a disgruntled flipper who can't get a 3rd.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base

Congratulations.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Good for you, totally irrelevant but good for you...

The allocation method was changed AFTER people made reservations AND orders for 2021 model year in which everything was rolling fine. There hasn't been an option to move since Ford screwed these people over but by all means keep spouting nonsense.

Sponsored

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It appears that math isn't your strong suit. :rolleyes:

jjack50

Black Diamond
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW Jetta TDI, 2016 F350 4WD Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am sorry to tell you that allocations were already a thing when the order banks opened.

If you chose to order with a dealer with 100’s of reservations in January of 2021—who so obviously oversold by doubling down with the October deal to cover for their problem—to get $2000 off a $40000 vehicle, knowing Ford could impose any allocation formula they wished because they just had, then you took a risk.

That said, I think Ford should find a way to fix it for the consumer: allowing reorders at local dealers while keeping the timestamp or whatever.
Yes, allocations existed when we the order banks opened. BUT, most of us who reserved a Bronco at a specific dealer made our decisions almost a half a year earlier when the reservations opened and we had to choose a dealer. Through the reminder of the summer of 2020 there was no discussion from Ford about allocations. When actual orders opened, there was still no concern that allocations would upend the process we were led to believe would determine the order our Broncos would be built and delivered. It was not Granger, Steven’s, et.al who misled the buyers since there was no mention of allocations being involved at all during the reservation process when MOST of us made our dealer decisions.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

There is no other position to take on this subject than this one right here. Any other interpretation is willful ignorance.
You guys keep going back to what Ford said in July 2020. Yes, Ford changed the rules and that is BS. But, they did it well before we were able to order (and thus could have switched dealers).

If we’re going to throw everyone who went through that exact risk assessment in 1Q21, and chose to go with a dealer with less reservations into the willfully ignorant bus: Ignoring allocation limitations when placing an order 4 months after they were announced at a dealer with 800 reservations is willful ignorance.

Regardless - Ford needs to find a way to fix this. We all agree early reservation holders should be taken care of before late 2020 reservations and so on.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You guys keep going back to what Ford said in July 2020. Yes, Ford changed the rules and that is BS. But, they did it well before we were able to order (and thus could have switched dealers).
This is incorrect...Ford changed the allocation method between 2021 and 2022 model years. My particular dealer, SAC got nearly 90 Broncos for the 2021 model year which only ran a few months. For the entire 2022 model year I will be stunned if they get more than 50.

The only way this will be fix is if Ford uncouples their head out of their ass and revert back to the old system.

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If we’re going to throw everyone who went through that exact risk assessment in 1Q21, and chose to go with a dealer with less reservations into the willfully ignorant bus: Ignoring allocation limitations when placing an order 4 months after they were announced at a dealer with 800 reservations is willful ignorance.

Regardless - Ford needs to find a way to fix this. We all agree early reservation holders should be taken care of before late 2020 reservations and so on.

I dont think this is at all correct. Even order holder 801 in your hypothetical scenario could have been confident in 1Q21 that he/she would get their Bronco in a year.

1. In 1Q21, 1) no one knew their place in line at any dealership (though they could approximate it based on their place in the overall rez line) and 2) dealerships were still unaware of their monthly or even annual Bronco allocation, just that is was changing out of favor of small dealers and there was a new formula.
  2. In 1Q21 there was no global chip shortage and we were just hearing the rumblings of hard top issues. Since then, Ford has had a myriad of constrained part challenges. Their reaction to that screwed over a lot of early reservation holders.
  3. Ford was building cars and delivering relatively closely to rez number. Then, in short order stock Broncos started showing up at dealers and people walking in off the street to place an order were getting Broncos with fewer restricted parts.
  4. Then Ford restricted moving rez and orders several months ago.

The customer has been forced to react to Ford policy changes instead of being offered proactive alternatives to accommodate Ford's own changes.

The only instance where Ford has been proactive was when they announced in late Feb the closing of order banks in Mid March.
Sponsored