Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands, Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah. I edited that after I realized that. But the concept remains - something was too good to be true and people took the bait. They ordered from a non-local dealer (in most cases) to get a deal. And, the allocation system predates the Bronco even being announced in 2016 or whatever...
I supported a small dealership that is fairly local and got a good deal as well, but Ford still boned me on allocations. I took no bait. But you continue to be smug.
Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What is Ford supposed to do if they don't have the parts to build reservations, just stop building? Nobody gains anything from that.
That is something that further compounded this whole mess. That meant the lower content models could get built to keep the line moving, that is where the line jumping and late orders getting scheduled before early res holders started happening. That's how my basic build got scheduled to keep the line moving during the hard top mess. Ford and their suppliers have just constantly fumbled this launch

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I supported a small dealership that is fairly local and got a good deal as well, but Ford still boned me on allocations. I took no bait. But you continue to be smug.
I'm not smug. I'm just annoyed by greediness and the whining that happens here. These are first world problems we're debating...

OhhhhhhSnap

Black Diamond
First Name
Elan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pathfinder, 04 F150, 14 CRV. 22 BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So, if that wasn't working, should Ford have just left it alone or try to do something to fix it? Things likely would have been worse than they already are if Ford sat by and did nothing. People would have complained about that too. No matter what they do, not everyone is going to be happy.

Hmm ok cool? That's not what we are discussing here...

He said the rules didn't change and they did. That's that.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That is something that further compounded this whole mess. That meant the lower content models could get built to keep the line moving, that is where the line jumping and late orders getting scheduled before early res holders started happening. That's how my basic build got scheduled to keep the line moving during the hard top mess. Ford and their suppliers have just constantly fumbled this launch
It's good to see at least one person realizes the issue goes beyond Ford. Some of the more recent members may not be digging deep enough into history of certain dealers.
https://fordauthority.com/2022/03/ford-dealers-will-not-receive-new-allocations-until-late-may/

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hmm ok cool? That's not what we are discussing here...

He said the rules didn't change and they did. That's that.
If things wern't working, I would expect Ford to do something. I'm not disputing the fact things changed. They needed to change. You've been here long enough to have seen that Ford went after a certain dealer before ordering even began and was widely talked about here. It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that things would change.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

When I first started reading this post I told myself, shut the hell up, and don't say anything. Well shit, that didn't work. I have to say that I'm so happy that Ford has sent an employee shill in here that joined March 12, 2022 to tell us we are the ones at fault for reserving with Granger, Stephens, and Chapman. The problem is when I read his post the old saying, "Better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth, and remove all doubt" comes to mind.

Oh, and I almost forgot. That goes for all the other newbies that have rolled in here to espouse their knowledge of the situation only to show their ignorance to the entire forum.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It's good to see at least one person realizes the issue goes beyond Ford. Some of the more recent members may not be digging deep enough into history of certain dealers.
https://fordauthority.com/2022/03/ford-dealers-will-not-receive-new-allocations-until-late-may/
I get people still wanting to be mad at Ford though, Ford chose those suppliers. Same happens to me, if I am out of a product due to one of my suppliers I can try to shift the blame to them(much like ford did with the hardtops) but people will still be mad at me because I chose said supplier

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm not sticking up for ford. I am sticking up for the concept of using a local dealer and building relationships. Even if that means being a first time order/buyer at your local dealer - whatever that means.

I think the allocation process is becoming better known in these times, due to supply chain issues. Regardless of the Bronco.

Also, the OP is a greedy whiner. I see some of that on these threads and it needs to be pointed out for what it is.
Michael, I have bought 10 new Fords from my local dealer since 1986. When I asked them about their Bronco pricing they treated me like a first time walk in customer. So, 'building relationships" with your local dealers don't always work. When I reserved with Granger in October I was fully aware, by communications from Granger, that my build date could possibly be late summer/ early fall of '22 from the communications from Ford at the time. And I was OK with that. Then along came the mega dealers crying because they were outmanuvered by a few smaller dealers offering much better deals. The big boys/girls saw they weren't going to get enough Broncos to sell at stupid high ADM's, and wanted Ford to fix that. So Ford bent over, and kissed the asses of these big dealers. When that happened Ford screwed a great many of it's customers. And BTW, Fords changes didn't just affect the three dealers mentioned above. It also affected my local small town dealer that treated me, a loyal customer, like a first time walk in. That's the problem with many in this thread, they think it was just these 3, and their customers that were hurt. It also hurt every small town Ford dealer in the country. Whether they have 30 orders, or 300 order, their allocation numbers hurt them.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Chippewa-Pin

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe, Tucson, Z4, T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
remove yourself from the ā€œGranger quagmireā€.

Order a 2023 when available. It will get to you quicker.
I wish we could fast forward to the day that MY23 ordering opens up to see how many MY22 orders haven't been delivered.

I ordered March 2, 2022 and have a feeling I'll have to reorder a MY23 and that there will be new MY23 orders that get delivered before me. I hope not, but history says otherwise.

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Michael, I have bought 10 new Fords from my local dealer since 1986. When I asked them about their Bronco pricing they treated me like a first time walk in customer. So, 'building relationships" with your local dealers don't always work. When I reserved with Granger in October I was fully aware, by communications from Granger, that my build date could possibly be late summer/ early fall of '22 from the communications from Ford at the time. And I was OK with that. Then along came the mega dealers crying because they were outmanuvered by a few smaller dealer offering much better deals. The big boys/girls saw they weren't going to get enough Bronocs to sell at stupid high ADM's, and wanted Ford to fix that. So Ford bent over, and kissed the asses of these big dealers. When that happened Ford screwed a great many of it's customers. And BTW, Fords changes didn't just affect the three dealers mentioned above. It also affected my local small town dealer that treated me, a loyal customer, like a first time walk in. That's the problem with many in this thread, they think it was just these 3, and their customers that were hurt. It also hurt every small town Ford dealer in the country. Whether they have 30 orders, or 300 order, their allocation numbers hurt them.
I appreciate that explanation. Seriously. Not sarcastic. It taught me more about this situation and I didnā€™t know some of that.

Iā€™m sorry about what this has done to smaller dealers and those that ordered through them (myself included). And I assumed that Granger was a large dealer because their tactics are typically what youā€™d expect to see out of a larger and more savvy dealer. Just in terms of playing the system to their advantage. What youā€™re saying about the larger dealers is gross and having a father who worked as a controller at a smaller dealer, I can relay many stories from him on how awful the larger dealers can be to work with on things like dealer trades/transfers.

I realize that it isnā€™t a popular position to take here, but Iā€™m about as anti-capitalist as a person can be while still stomaching the thought of ordering a new Bronco that guzzles fossil fuel (maybe that just makes me a hypocrite). Anyway, I only say that to make it clear Iā€™m not a Ford apologist and really hate corporate scum.

However, the OP on this thread is culpable in this as well. Because he got a bronco and sold it at a markup only to get another one. Thatā€™s how this thread started. And itā€™s really hard to have empathy for that BS. If a person takes delivery and then sells at a premium and ends up line jumping (or trying to) thatā€™s basically doubling the space they take up in line.

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Iā€™m a Oct 1 reservation, switched to Granger because of their seemingly great reputation on here, save a little money and have a cool road trip & story on the way home.

actual document signing was in February 2022 - language used at that time was if you want a shot at a 2022 take off hard top and tow so I did.

Further reading on here says maybe itā€™s much longer wait than that (maybe YEARS more?) but Granger canā€™t say for sure when I ask.

I asked the original local dealer if they know more and could take me back and they didnā€™t bother replying. So Iā€™m just waiting.
Sponsored