Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

2024 or 2025 refresh?

Ford Says New Versions / Variants of F-150, Maverick And Bronco Are Coming

Some interesting nuggests of information emerged from Ford's Q2 2022 Earnings call this week. CEO Jim Farley confirmed the Mustang's debut at the Detroit Auto Show, and the Blue Oval's boss also discussed the F-150, Maverick, and Bronco.

According to Farley, three of Ford's most popular models have some incredible variants in the works.

"Our design center is filled with new products and derivatives that will further strengthen our hit vehicles in the ICE and hybrid franchises like F-150 and Bronco and Maverick," Farely said.
We recently uncovered a trademark filing for the Maverick Lightning (and Ranger Lightning), but as he used the word hybrid and not electric, we think he's referring to something else.

Ford has previously acknowledged it was experimenting with an AWD version of the existing hybrid Maverick, so that could very well be what Farley was talking about. It's been a while, but we've also uncovered patents for a Maverick Tremor, so that could also be in the works at Ford. "You can only imagine the kind of things that we're cooking up in our design studio with Maverick," concluded Farley.

Farley also dropped hints about a new SuperDuty F-150. Really, that's all he said, so we won't speculate too much here. This could be anything, from a model-specific update to more far-reaching changes to the truck.

Besides, the prospect of a luxury Bronco is more interesting. People love to make fun of Bronco (and Jeep owners, more often) for parking their cars in lots instead of at trailheads. For those folks, Farley said that "you can imagine high-end versions, all sorts of things."

We certainly like the idea of a more uprated interior for the Bronco. While there are already roughly 77 zillion ways to build out a Bronco (and believe us, we do so endlessly), all trims are extremely off-road focused. It'd be nice to see the other side of that horse-shaped coin. We imagine we'll hear more at the 2022 Detroit Auto Show this September. That's always a huge event for Ford. -

https://carbuzz.com/news/ford-says-new-versions-of-f-150-maverick-and-bronco-are-coming
Sponsored

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Makes mine a Limited Edition...yeaaaah:cool:

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

F-150 Super Duty :unsure:

Sponsored

negativezero

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
A 2 wheel drive only Bronco would be anathema to a purist, but because of reduced cost (no 4 wheel drive parts, etc..), it would sell like hotcakes to soccer moms, mall crawlers and cheap posers.
Exactly this. When I was SUV-shopping in a pre-VIN panic I was shocked how many 4Runners and FJ Cruisers were available on lots and 2ndhand sales that were 2WD only. Insanity.

I could also see these variants being Subaru-esque AWD's to maintain feigned characteristics of a Bronco, but with the luxury amenities that they suggested in the article. Up to & including a 1-piece hardtop that's intended to be more permanent than the current panel systems.

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I really don't care what changes Ford has in mind - as long as the option of a manual is still there. Otherwise, I'm out. Of course, I would have no problem with Ford adding the option of the 2.7 with a manual. 😋

Last edited:

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Exactly this. When I was SUV-shopping in a pre-VIN panic I was shocked how many 4Runners and FJ Cruisers were available on lots and 2ndhand sales that were 2WD only. Insanity.

I could also see these variants being Subaru-esque AWD's to maintain feigned characteristics of a Bronco, but with the luxury amenities that they suggested in the article. Up to & including a 1-piece hardtop that's intended to be more permanent than the current panel systems.
We call those Florida versions when they have no 4x4

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A 2 wheel drive only Bronco would be anathema to a purist, but because of reduced cost (no 4 wheel drive parts, etc..), it would sell like hotcakes to soccer moms, mall crawlers and cheap posers.

Those 2wd 4Runners are known as “pre-runners” and are *extremely* popular in the south eastern US and as rentals.

I think a 2wd 2door bronco would sell very well for people looking for a ”fun” weekend care they take out on nice days.

WarringEagle

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My guess… Eddie Bauer makes a comeback. Or a Lincoln badge with a Cartier Edition. Keith Richards will roll over in his grave, and the freaking guy ain’t even dead yet. That line was 32 years ago, still funny and true.

Ford Bronco Ford Says New Versions / Variants of F-150, Maverick And Bronco Are Coming 1659211993573

Sponsored

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

None of this is a surprise because you knew they would add/make more comfortable to get people who already have a Bronco to get new ones . I think in 2 or 3 years there well be a lot of used 4 door soft tops for sale because so many people settle for them just to get a Bronco but by 2024 I would have just gotten mine 2 door .

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are a lot of 4 door soft tops where?

I am not convinced many will be parting with their 4 door soft tops in a few years- but I believe a number of us will own both a soft and a hardtop for our Bronco.

Last edited:

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Those 2wd 4Runners are known as “pre-runners” and are *extremely* popular in the south eastern US and as rentals.

I think a 2wd 2door bronco would sell very well for people looking for a ”fun” weekend care they take out on nice days.
The 2wd Wrangler lasted about 3 years, costed like $2k less than a 4wd.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The whole article is pretty vague. The headline may as well be…

”Breaking News: Auto Manufacturer Internally Discussing Possible Future Vehicles”

🙄
Sponsored