Sponsored

Do you think cracks in a $60k truck should be considered normal?

• Total voters

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My wife’s bronco top has the cracks without any body flexing whatsoever. Noticed them with 2k miles. Only drives to work and back and its garage kept.

Yep, Like I said, wild ass guess. That sucks by the way, sorry to hear it.

There's an issue with the design, and Ford is ultimately responsible. The cracks are occurring in all the same places it seems. Beefing up the corners in the design, and fabrication process seems to be in order maybe.

It does seem like the individual dealers are also to blame for not Taking care of it as they should. So is it a Ford outright denying the claim or just weak ass dealers not taking care of it ? I've seen some posts that seem to point to both parties.
Sponsored

Wark

Base
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Same here - I don't have a MIC top, but ordered one from ADV. I sure hope their tops are much better quality.
I wouldn't worry about ADV top.

ADV have a bigger interest in standing behind their top and keeping you happy as they live or die by it and their brand recognition specifically for their parts. Fords brand recognition is for the entire vehicle and to them the top is simply a replaceable part.

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looking at the pics in the MIC top threads, really wondering if these are defective from day 1 and it's just difficult to notice the cracks at first. The delivery pics of John's on the last page really makes me think that.

It wouldn't be the first time the blame belonged in Ford's QC department not inspecting closely enough.

I've joked about it in another thread, but every time I see this issue pop up it makes me nervous and I go over mine with a flashlight. Still no issues.

Wark

Base
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How come the Jeep Wrangler don’t have the same problems with there tops
How come : simply because jeeps haven't significantly changed their product since 1990's and have been value engineering their manufacturing process that whole time. They are on hardtop version 200+.

The top will remain the Achilles heel of the Bronco and problems will become worse after the warranty period.

It's probably best to view the OEM top as a replacement part like tires, at least until an aftermarket product significantly improves on it.

Owners of special editions should immediately take off their top and store it to preserve value ... :LOL:.

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 BMW X3 M-SPORT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man that sucks. I would try another dealer as well if it is the dealer who made the call. The only thing is if Ford requested pix and Ford declined it than it isn't the fault of the dealer. I would call Ford customer care and open a case on it regardless. I would submit it for warranty but we haven't had any MIC claims yet to see what Ford is or is not requesting. I will say though with how hard they are to get on just production units getting one under warranty could be a longer wait than it took to get the Bronco in the first place.

Sponsored

Markco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My Bronco is only driven on occasion parked in the garage, 5k miles and i just noticed cracks. I thought these defective tops were changed?

FD7B3D08-BB59-433A-BFA3-71881182FABC.jpeg

6CC39801-D6BB-4A37-91CB-DE3B5B208A0F.jpeg

John P.

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This seems like a body flex issue, and it’s maybe torquing the tops. Just a wild ass guess though.

Many folks tops are cracking (in the same damn locations) and the vehicles are less than a year old ?
Mine had this straight from the dealer when they delivered the Bronco to my home. Car had 11 miles on their lot. Came from Ford this way.

Ford needs to quit blaming their customers and start blaming their supplier or assembly line.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine had this straight from the dealer when they delivered the Bronco to my home. Car had 11 miles on their lot. Came from Ford this way.

Ford needs to quit blaming their customers and start blaming their supplier or assembly line.
Wow that's some big balls on the blue oval.

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh hell no!!!

I’m definitely happy with my soft top. I’m guessing advanced fiberglass will make a superior product and I will definitely buy one of those after they have been out a year or so.

Sponsored

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Extended warranty seems to be a must. I have to think there is zero chance any of these tops will survive 3-10 years without cracking for no good reason at all.

I want to put a rack on it and am scared of a warranty claim denial just because.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Extended warranty seems to be a must. I have to think there is zero chance any of these tops will survive 3-10 years without cracking for no good reason at all.

I want to put a rack on it and am scared of a warranty claim denial just because.
Extended warranty isn't going to cover the hard top. At least not any one that Ford offers.

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Extended warranty isn't going to cover the hard top. At least not any one that Ford offers.

Yeah nothing body related is in covered under Ford Protect right? It's roughly all mechanical and electronic parts. I remember looking at the brochure before I got it for my Mustang. The new brochure from this year is more descriptive though.

Last edited:

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah nothing body related is in covered under Ford Protect right? It's roughly all mechanical and electronic parts. I remember looking at the brochure before I got it for my Mustang. The new brochure from this year is more descriptive though.
It looks like Ford does offer something called SurfaceCARE which is for exterior and interior surfaces, but I'm not sure if that would cover the hardtop or not.
I would guess it doesn't cover cracking hardtops though.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I just received a response from the Ford dealer that worked on the warranty claim for the paint issues with my Bronco. Here's the initial thread
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/bronco-birthmarks-and-other-quality-issues.68286/

It took them 1 month to get it repainted. I had to drive a rental RAV4 all that time:mad:, but finally I received a message from a service advisor saying that the Bronco should be ready for pickup in 1 hour. I hope the body shop did a better paint job than the Ford factory.

In addition to the paint flaws, I wanted the dealer to address the cracks in the MIC hardtop while they have the truck. And here's the reply I received:

Ford Bronco Ford Says These MIC Hardtop Cracks Are Considered Normal 6CC39801-D6BB-4A37-91CB-DE3B5B208A0F
Ford Bronco Ford Says These MIC Hardtop Cracks Are Considered Normal 6CC39801-D6BB-4A37-91CB-DE3B5B208A0F

It's sad to see that @Ford Motor Company is not even trying to cover their current quality issues with good customer service. Until just recently, I was thinking about buying a new Mustang, but after having these problems with the Bronco and the poor customer support, I think I will not buy another car from Ford until they resolve all the issues.
Ford conspiracy to get more people to opt for the soft top
Sponsored