Sponsored

Do you think cracks in a $60k truck should be considered normal?

• Total voters

T Copp

Raptor
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Can't wait to see who has the first Raptor with these issues.
Sponsored

deejay08

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The service manager said that he sent the photos of my MIC hardtop to Ford and I should expect their response next week. Most likely, the service advisor hadn't pass on my initial complaint to Ford and simply lied to me about the company's response.

Stay tuned.
WTF is a service advisor doing lying about something that is of no consequence to the dealer. What a fucking clown and if that is indeed the case I would blow his shit up on socials naming names in all your reviews.

OP
OP
2door

2door

Outer Banks
First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco® The Sasquatch™ 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
WTF is a service advisor doing lying about something that is of no consequence to the dealer. What a fucking clown and if that is indeed the case I would blow his shit up on socials naming names in all your reviews.
Some people are too lazy to do their job.
I suppose I had to drive the loaner RAV4 for 1 month because of him. I did some investigation and found out that my Bronco was in and out of the body shop within 1 week. The rest 3 weeks it was just sitting in the dealer parking lot.

deejay08

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some people are too lazy to do their job.
I suppose I had to drive the loaner RAV4 for 1 month because of him. I did some investigation and found out that my Bronco was in and out of the body shop within 1 week. The rest 3 weeks it was just sitting in the dealer parking lot.
I'd go full Karen mode to the owners/execs at dealer if I knew this. No reason to be this bad at your job. Find someone who will do a regular shitty job vs. an actively shitty job

Dude1967

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco 2 door Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I wouldn't worry about ADV top.

ADV have a bigger interest in standing behind their top and keeping you happy as they live or die by it and their brand recognition specifically for their parts. Fords brand recognition is for the entire vehicle and to them the top is simply a replaceable part.
Would buy one if they made it for the 2 door...

Sponsored

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just received a response from the Ford dealer that worked on the warranty claim for the paint issues with my Bronco. Here's the initial thread
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/bronco-birthmarks-and-other-quality-issues.68286/

It took them 1 month to get it repainted. I had to drive a rental RAV4 all that time:mad:, but finally I received a message from a service advisor saying that the Bronco should be ready for pickup in 1 hour. I hope the body shop did a better paint job than the Ford factory.

In addition to the paint flaws, I wanted the dealer to address the cracks in the MIC hardtop while they have the truck. And here's the reply I received:

PXL_20230127_194355596.jpg
PXL_20230221_160445538.jpg

It's sad to see that @Ford Motor Company is not even trying to cover their current quality issues with good customer service. Until just recently, I was thinking about buying a new Mustang, but after having these problems with the Bronco and the poor customer support, I think I will not buy another car from Ford until they resolve all the issues.
Oh also by the way if your HPR paint starts turning black its normal.

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mine is a 2021 and crack I have is on the inside.
Ford Bronco Ford Says These MIC Hardtop Cracks Are Considered Normal thumbnail (1)
Ford Bronco Ford Says These MIC Hardtop Cracks Are Considered Normal thumbnail
Ford Bronco Ford Says These MIC Hardtop Cracks Are Considered Normal thumbnail (3)

OJzBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX, Platinum Sequoia
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just received a response from the Ford dealer that worked on the warranty claim for the paint issues with my Bronco. Here's the initial thread
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/bronco-birthmarks-and-other-quality-issues.68286/

It took them 1 month to get it repainted. I had to drive a rental RAV4 all that time:mad:, but finally I received a message from a service advisor saying that the Bronco should be ready for pickup in 1 hour. I hope the body shop did a better paint job than the Ford factory.

In addition to the paint flaws, I wanted the dealer to address the cracks in the MIC hardtop while they have the truck. And here's the reply I received:

Ford Bronco Ford Says These MIC Hardtop Cracks Are Considered Normal thumbnail (3)

It's sad to see that @Ford Motor Company is not even trying to cover their current quality issues with good customer service. Until just recently, I was thinking about buying a new Mustang, but after having these problems with the Bronco and the poor customer support, I think I will not buy another car from Ford until they resolve all the issues.
MIC = Molded in Clay

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mine is a 2021 and crack I have is on the inside.
thumbnail (1).jpg
thumbnail.jpg
thumbnail (3).jpg
Definitely replace your easy-off bolts with the OEM ones before you take it in. They will blame those easy-off bolts immediately stating you over torqued them.

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My only solace in not being able to get a new Bronco the past 3 years was that at least I could avoid all the new vehicle bugs and design flaws.... and yet here we are in year 3 and Ford still can't get the roof right :/

Here's hoping for a decent mod top in 2024.

Sponsored

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They’re not wrong, it is normal as in: “Yeah they all do that.” meaning they are all crap.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Definitely replace your easy-off bolts with the OEM ones before you take it in. They will blame those easy-off bolts immediately stating you over torqued them.
It wouldn’t matter. Cracks on the inside like that aren’t covered under warranty according to the GSB Ford released.

E_Cups

Outer Banks
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My wife's Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well stating a $60k truck shouldn't have cracks is irrelevant. No cracking should be happening on any trim level. I took mine into the dealer a couple months a go for cracking. Within 1 hr I had an approval for the whole back half to be replaced minus windows. Received the top within a week and a half and got it replaced.

Here is the thread
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/updated-02-08-23-another-mic-2-0-hard-top-cracking.62878/
Same thing on mine although it took me a month and a half to get it replaced. Anyone seeing "bleeding" on these tops? I'm getting black runoff that looks like shit on my Cyber Orange bronco.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same thing on mine although it took me a month and a half to get it replaced. Anyone seeing "bleeding" on these tops? I'm getting black runoff that looks like shit on my Cyber Orange bronco.
is it what the gentleman is talking about below?

Oh also by the way if your HPR paint starts turning black its normal.

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak