Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Edge Titanium AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

that dealer is a POS they should have sold you the one they have for MSRP
Why should they? The dealer didn’t create the problem. Why should it cost the franchise owner? That makes no sense.
Sponsored

OP
OP
dallasobx

dallasobx

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This sounds like your dealer sold your Bronco to someone else and made up a story. I would find someone at Ford to talk to directly, sorry if I sound Cynical but we all see how greedy these dealers are with the markups on these cars.
No, I spoke with Ford corporate on the phone. They confirmed the vehicle was damaged and is being scrapped.

ET13

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This sounds like your dealer sold your Bronco to someone else and made up a story. I would find someone at Ford to talk to directly, sorry if I sound Cynical but we all see how greedy these dealers are with the markups on these cars.
Doesnt sound like that at all actually....

Puddle Jumper

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You can do a Title search in your state to see if any vehicle has been registered prior. It’s easy to squash the theory that it was “sold” to someone else.

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s what I’m doing. I’m getting my deposit back, and they’re resubmitting my order for a 2023. Basically I’ll have a right of first refusal to buy it at MSRP, but won’t be obligated to buy it. In the interim, going to look at a Yukon/Tahoe. Or may get a Lexus GX and off-road modify it… then at least I’d know I’d have a reliable vehicle from a reliable company.
Man, that is a rough deal. I'm sorry you have to go through that. Nothing breaks trust like lack of communication and no consideration.

On the other hand, one of those diesel Tahoes would be a badass rig to build on!

Sponsored

Mustang302

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mystic Cobra, Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This happened to me with my FE. Also spoke with Ford corporate and Mike Levine who both confirmed that it was damaged at the plant and discarded.

Yii-Haw

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango / 66 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doesnt sound like that at all actually....
It doesnt make sense to me that Ford wouldnt 1) communicate with the dealer about the issue, and 2) schedule a new one to be built as a replacement under a priority heading. Items get damaged in shipping and are usually fairly quickly rebuilt. I am dissapointed in this scenario with Ford, they need to make it right.

Puddle Jumper

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It doesnt make sense to me that Ford wouldnt 1) communicate with the dealer about the issue, and 2) schedule a new one to be built as a replacement under a priority heading. Items get damaged in shipping and are usually fairly quickly rebuilt. I am dissapointed in this scenario with Ford, they need to make it right.
Agree. Sadly, the dealership has limited capability to facilitate and expedite the replacement. Ford HQ would have to be involved. I am sure his dealership GM has already been in communication with their Ford Zone Manager.

JeffL

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye / 2023 Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why should they? The dealer didn’t create the problem. Why should it cost the franchise owner? That makes no sense.
dealer should work on behalf of the customer. selling dealer should have sold the one they had at MSRP they will still make money. it's not costing them anything to do the right thing. they can then flip the one that would be expedited.

what do we need dealers for if they are going to do nothing? im all for changing the entire system of how we buy cars, i'd love for all dealerships to fold and just turn into service centers but i doubt we'll see that anytime soon.

Theowlhoothoot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3 Performance
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Town East Ford. They are selling orders placed last year for MSRP, but anything new with $25k+ ADM. Most of the NTX dealerships sell orders at MSRP, but vehicles on the lot come with a big ADM.
AutoNation Burleson only does 5k ADM and will let you haggle a few K extra on your trade in.

Sponsored

BroncoFish

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3; 2022 Land Rover Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Man I am really sorry to hear about this and I feel your pain. I'm a day one orderer with still no build date. And after test driving a Bronco and a Defender, I decided to put in an order for a $57k Defender in June 2021. Got a build date within a month and took delivery in October 2021 for MSRP. Still have the Bronco order but Ford's incompetence is disheartening as heck, especially after my experience with Land Rover was so incredibly smooth and easy. The Defender's approaching 20k hard miles without a single problem, but 20k problem free miles is nothing really to boast about.....

Ford Bronco Ford Screwed Me - Damaged Bronco, Unfit for Sale, No Options Defender 3

PLindsey725

Black Diamond
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Lol, shit happens man.

PatientlyWaiting

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would reach out to Granger and see if they still have that 4% off invoice Jeep deal. This was back in the fall. If Ford didn't schedule my Bronco in December when they did, I was going to pull the trigger on a Jeep. That was a great deal.

OP
OP
dallasobx

dallasobx

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would reach out to Granger and see if they still have that 4% off invoice Jeep deal. This was back in the fall. If Ford didn't schedule my Bronco in December when they did, I was going to pull the trigger on a Jeep. That was a great deal.
Sounds like a good deal, but I’m not a Jeep guy.
Sponsored