Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 IH Scout II, Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It looks like my Bronco saga is over. The manager at my dealership just called and said he finally got word from the Dearborn plant as to why my 2021 MY OBX Bronco has not shipped despite being built months ago. It was irreparably damaged either in transport to the rail yard or on ice mountain, and Ford has deemed it unfit for sale. The vehicle is being sent to the scrapyard. The best they could offer is to resubmit my order as a 2023 when the order banks reopen, and likely that means I wouldn't get it until next year. So I am getting my deposit back and going to buy a non-Ford vehicle. Maybe someday I'll get a Bronco, but for now, I'm done with Ford.

Also, the dealership has a Badlands similar to my OBX build on the lot, but they won't let me buy it for MSRP... they first insisted on a $27k ADM, then came down to $10k ADM. I'm not paying any ADM on a vehicle that's replacing one Ford ruined. Honestly, fuck Ford.
This doesn't give me hope for mine. The communication to the dealer is:

This unit is being held for the Windshield Stop Ship, according to that team.

I don’t have a solid ETA but rest assured that the right folks are involved in working to get this unit repaired ASAP.
Sponsored

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I suspect that the extra scheduling done last time and no scheduling done recently is because Ford is going to change over to MY23 hence the reason for you going to "the front of the line" for MY23.

This is just my opinion and it's based on the way scheduling is going and that those with out price protection but before the banks closed are extra revenue for Ford. A lot of those that can be made with parts available that are early res holders should be "done" maybe waiting on a chip, by the end of this run and any clean up scheduled next.

The rest will be price protected and scattered with those of us that got in early and thought we were paying 21 prices but are now going to get a second price increase.

Ford did say they want to produce higher revenue units and a two year price increase on a old reservation is extra revenue.

tritonx100

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford explore
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That’s what I’m doing. I’m getting my deposit back, and they’re resubmitting my order for a 2023. Basically I’ll have a right of first refusal to buy it at MSRP, but won’t be obligated to buy it. In the interim, going to look at a Yukon/Tahoe. Or may get a Lexus GX and off-road modify it… then at least I’d know I’d have a reliable vehicle from a reliable company.
off road a LEXUS. LOL you don't see that every day.

OP
OP
dallasobx

dallasobx

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

off road a LEXUS. LOL you don't see that every day.
There are some sweet builds people are doing. Primarily to the LX now that Toyota has discontinued the Land Cruiser in the US, but people do similar to the GX too.

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Look at the bright side... you didn't already get a loan and start making payments on it. :p

Sponsored

deejay08

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It looks like my Bronco saga is over. The manager at my dealership just called and said he finally got word from the Dearborn plant as to why my 2021 MY OBX Bronco has not shipped despite being built months ago. It was irreparably damaged either in transport to the rail yard or on ice mountain, and Ford has deemed it unfit for sale. The vehicle is being sent to the scrapyard. The best they could offer is to resubmit my order as a 2023 when the order banks reopen, and likely that means I wouldn't get it until next year. So I am getting my deposit back and going to buy a non-Ford vehicle. Maybe someday I'll get a Bronco, but for now, I'm done with Ford.

Also, the dealership has a Badlands similar to my OBX build on the lot, but they won't let me buy it for MSRP... they first insisted on a $27k ADM, then came down to $10k ADM. I'm not paying any ADM on a vehicle that's replacing one Ford ruined. Honestly, fuck Ford.
You should be blowing this up on their socials with all your proof. This is insane.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’d give it one shot at actually talking to a ford rep about the badlands if you were interested ask then if they can make the dealer sell for msrp. They probably can’t and your situation just blows. Sorry to hear this.

PowderHound

Wildtrak
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Seems asinine. Is it possible you haven’t properly escalated the issue? Seems like a reasonable decision maker within the ford org would take care of this bullshit without batting an eye

Carlstege

Base
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Base

Dude, that is the very definition of self control!

Doug911

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Jesus. This has to be the worst story yet. Very sorry. Good luck.

Sponsored

broncoSJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The new 4Runner is looking better and better...

OP
OP
dallasobx

dallasobx

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Seems asinine. Is it possible you haven’t properly escalated the issue? Seems like a reasonable decision maker within the ford org would take care of this bullshit without batting an eye
Yes, I've spoken with Ford corporate as well as the GM at my dealer and his rep, and currently I've done all I can.

Kameronatm

Badlands
First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I heard a first edition order had the same issue but they let him have a raptor allocation…

OP
OP
dallasobx

dallasobx

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Normally, in a situation like this, the Regional Rep is supposed to take care of it. The Regional Rep is the only one with the power to assign a priority 1 or 2 build.

That puts you at the beginning of the line next time they schedule.

I don't know why your dealer and his regional rep can't figure this out.
Sponsored