Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've got priority 1 order for a 22 now, build week 5/23. We shall see..

The worst parts, yes, more than one... Ford never said anything! Ford still emailing me that's its still coming!, had my dealer not gone full press, 22 orders would have closed. Unacceptable.
Sponsored

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'll be honest, this whole ordeal and your particular experience, along with other horror stories I've read, in addition to articles that write about how bad @Ford Motor Company is doing... it's starting to worry me too...

The only vehicle up right now is their Mach-e... How long will that last though?

They already have lightnings piling up and waiting on chips.

Seems like out of all the mainstream automakers, they had someone fall asleep at the wheel or were short-sighted enough to not plan ahead and be proactive.

Very disappointing...

My wife has always hated Ford (never owned one either). I'm doing what I want by going with the Bronco (only my 2nd Ford), but the longer I wait and more I hear, I really don't know...

SuperDave150

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yā€™all who are new to special ordering are simply experiencing what all brands have always suffered from - youā€™ve just been insulated from all the drama getting a vehicle from factory to dealer. Iā€™ve done special orders all my life and these issues are not new. (Iā€™ve also experienced drama ordering furniture, computers, & toilets, šŸ˜‚).

Seeing the OP is from tamu I reckon they donā€™t teach these things so hereā€™s the lowdown: manufacturer is not equal to shipper / shipper is not equal to shipper. Ford didnā€™t break your toy, nor are they happy that the shipper destroyed the results of their hard work.

OP
OP
dallasobx

dallasobx

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yā€™all who are new to special ordering are simply experiencing what all brands have always suffered from - youā€™ve just been insulated from all the drama getting a vehicle from factory to dealer. Iā€™ve done special orders all my life and these issues are not new. (Iā€™ve also experienced drama ordering furniture, computers, & toilets, šŸ˜‚).

Seeing the OP is from tamu I reckon they donā€™t teach these things so hereā€™s the lowdown: manufacturer is not equal to shipper / shipper is not equal to shipper. Ford didnā€™t break your toy, nor are they happy that the shipper destroyed the results of their hard work.
Despite your snarky A&M jab, it appears youā€™ve failed in your reading comprehension skills. The vehicle was never shipped. It died sitting on ice mountain, under Fordā€™s oversight. Itā€™s on them.

Cmptn845

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 pilot, 16 frontier, 10 maxima
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I hope that the enjoyment and happiness you eventually get outweighs this long and drawn out process. Fingers crossed you are sitting in a 22MY soon.

Sponsored

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Reason number 92 they should drop shipping charges and let us pick them up..
I would of loved to flown up to detroit...spend a day or 2 in the state of Michigan spending my money on hotels .food , maybe take a tour of the plant. And then drive my new badass vehicle home to Georgia...everyone wins.....the damage that happens to vehicles in transportation to the train, on the train, getting it off the train, then sitting at railyard parking lot for God knows how long, then getting loaded safely on the back of semi with other vehicles 1 inch away and then unloaded at dealer....its a recipe for disaster!

Cooldude

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes e400 cab, edge titanium, ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

iBrad81

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would of loved to flown up to detroit...spend a day or 2 in the state of Michigan spending my money on hotels .food , maybe take a tour of the plant. And then drive my new badass vehicle home to Georgia...everyone wins.....the damage that happens to vehicles in transportation to the train, on the train, getting it off the train, then sitting at railyard parking lot for God knows how long, then getting loaded safely on the back of semi with other vehicles 1 inch away and then unloaded at dealer....its a recipe for disaster!
But how would they be able to bend people over for $1400 destination fees?, even if you live 10 min away
Its all such a scam, buying cars is the worst experience out there I feel

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The vehicle was never shipped. It died sitting on ice mountain, under Fordā€™s oversight. Itā€™s on them.
I have a respected forum dealer source that gave me some insight into the scraping process Ford uses. When the vehicle has storage damage, including, rodent damage, rusted parts, environmental damage, etc. and Ford deems it is beyond economical repair they get sent to the crusher, this is for all Fords, not just Bronco's.

Ford sends them to a recycling facility in Indiana where the vehicles have to go on a shaker table to remove any rodents that took up residency prior to crushing. Apparently this is done to assure the scrapped vehicle is free of potential bio-hazards prior to being crushed and shipped out of the country for recycling.

So, if your Ice Mountain Bronco does not show up, consider yourself fortunate, as gnawed wire harnesses are a bear to troubleshoot and may lead to a lifetime of phantom system errors and failures.

Last edited:

Sponsored

techdisaster

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This. Ford should announce a new ā€œOn-Roadeoā€ where you can arrive to the plant with a group of strangers to pick up your Broncos. Here is the agenda for the day:
1. Orientation & Introduction.
2. Delivery QC inspection school.
3. Parking Lot Hunt for your Bronco.
4. QC your own Bronco.
5. 20 mile highway shakedown test drive.
6. Dealer paperwork.
7. Tailgate party.

Your swag is a pre-paid gas card to get you home, travel snacks, and a Yeti cooler full of bottle water if you breakdown on the way back.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
It looks like my Bronco saga is over. The manager at my dealership just called and said he finally got word from the Dearborn plant as to why my 2021 MY OBX Bronco has not shipped despite being built months ago. It was irreparably damaged either in transport to the rail yard or on ice mountain, and Ford has deemed it unfit for sale. The vehicle is being sent to the scrapyard. The best they could offer is to resubmit my order as a 2023 when the order banks reopen, and likely that means I wouldn't get it until next year. So I am getting my deposit back and going to buy a non-Ford vehicle. Maybe someday I'll get a Bronco, but for now, I'm done with Ford.

Also, the dealership has a Badlands similar to my OBX build on the lot, but they won't let me buy it for MSRP... they first insisted on a $27k ADM, then came down to $10k ADM. I'm not paying any ADM on a vehicle that's replacing one Ford ruined. Honestly, fuck Ford.

Update:

Went to the dealership, got my deposit back. The dealer is not being shady or trying to screw me. Spoke with the GM, and he said he was on the phone with his Ford reps all morning. They are resubmitting my build sheet with the highest priority status available. While order banks are closed, Ford is not done scheduling 2022 MY builds. So there is a chance they can backchannel and get me a 2022 on an expedited timeline.

As for buying a vehicle off the lot anywhere, that's just not a path I want to pursue, ADM or not. If I'm getting a Bronco after all this time and headache, I really want my exact build. If that means I have to wait another year and get a different vehicle in the interim, so be it. It's all very frustrating, but there's not much I can do at this point.
It happens dude. This isn't the first company and the first time a vehicle gets damaged during manufacture or shipping. That said, give it a few months with the economy in recession and gas prices soaring lots will be loaded with Broncos.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The problem is they don't get any better MPG than Bronco.
They do when you get the Duramax. I love mine besides the fact that the suspension is clunky.
Sponsored