Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds fishy to me. I would want to hear from Ford directly. My dealer has been great but many others have not. I would not trust that the dealer is not trying to screw you.
I would too as well, but good luck speaking with anyone who actually works at Ford. The Bronco number is a joke, they are just 3rd party outsourced customer service reps who just pass along our concerns/requests with no resolution, follow through, or call back.

The one time I actually spoke with an actual Ford employee, they couldn't wait to transfer me to the Bronco number, even though I specifically requested to speak with an actual Ford employee. It appears as though Ford only deals with the stealerships, who then act as an intermediary between Ford and the customer.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Town East Ford. They are selling orders placed last year for MSRP, but anything new with $25k+ ADM. Most of the NTX dealerships sell orders at MSRP, but vehicles on the lot come with a big ADM.
brutal. I bought a car from town east Ford. The salesman lied about taking it home first as the ultimate test drive. And his finance friend confirmed it. I was so naive to take them up on it as I wasnā€™t sure about the car. Ended up bringing it back the next morning only for the salrsman to tell me ā€˜ itā€™s already a cashed out contract. Sorry.ā€™ And walk away. After speaking with the manager and owner, we sat down with the sale guy for 30 minutes until he confessed To what he promised. He was fired on the spot. Not sure if his buddy was. Endedup getting my money back. Unfortunately the car could no longer be sold as new. Iā€™m sure things are better now but I made a point to not visit again.
truly hope your story has a happy ending here.

Doorsoff4ever

Badlands
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram3500 diesel crew cab long bed on 37's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What a FUBAR situation man. I am sorry this has happened to you. They really can't seem to get much right these days when it comes to the bronco rollout. I have been having problems with getting my fordpass points promised to me for having to change my build from a modular hard top, and my dealer is acting like they have no idea how to access or file for the bronco customer service allowance, which they probably don't, because Ford is making everything so damn hard. My dealers salesmen actually want me to come down there and do a bronco tutorial for them. For real. I have some time tomorrow and plan to call the bronco customer service line and talk for a while because this is pretty ridiculous.

Puddle Jumper

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Edge Titanium AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

brutal. I bought a car from town east Ford. The salesman lied about taking it home first as the ultimate test drive. And his finance friend confirmed it. I was so naive to take them up on it as I wasnā€™t sure about the car. Ended up bringing it back the next morning only for the salrsman to tell me ā€˜ itā€™s already a cashed out contract. Sorry.ā€™ And walk away. After speaking with the manager and owner, we sat down with the sale guy for 30 minutes until he confessed To what he promised. He was fired on the spot. Not sure if his buddy was. Endedup getting my money back. Unfortunately the car could no longer be sold as new. Iā€™m sure things are better now but I made a point to not visit again.
truly hope your story has a happy ending here.
It certainly could be sold as new still. Just because the contract is cashed electronically does not constitute the title has already been turned. Thereā€™s no way they could have had the title flipped overnight that quickly. They couldā€™ve just as easily recalled the contract from the lender and tossed it back on the lot.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Man I am really sorry to hear about this and I feel your pain. I'm a day one orderer with still no build date. And after test driving a Bronco and a Defender, I decided to put in an order for a $57k Defender in June 2021. Got a build date within a month and took delivery in October 2021 for MSRP. Still have the Bronco order but Ford's incompetence is disheartening as heck, especially after my experience with Land Rover was so incredibly smooth and easy. The Defender's approaching 20k hard miles without a single problem, but 20k problem free miles is nothing really to boast about.....

Defender 3.jpeg
The Defender is a bargain by comparison to your Bronco experience... You actually got a vehicle vs vapor-ware.

pfd799

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage :(, Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why do people refuse to believe that the dealer IS doing what they can to help their client. The dealer has ZERO fault here. The GM has communicated with their Regional Rep. That is all the GM or Dealer Principle can do. All of you that continue to slam on the dealer and fill this thread with conjecture can stop. Itā€™s terribly unfortunate for this OP. For sure. And while things like this are very rare, there is a human element here and accidents happen. Ford granting priority codes to expedite a build on a 2023 is likely the best possible outcome. The dealer could sell the OP an unclaimed stock unit w/o an ADM from a customer service standpoint, but demanding they ā€œshouldā€ or they are a POS, is just ridiculous. The OP already stated that they trust the dealer up to this point and has received quality customer service thus far.

Man, so much hate for dealers on forums. Unbelievable/SMH.
Sorry. Rant overā€¦ šŸ»
Well said. It is *Ford* who should be taking a hit here, not the dealer. Sounds like everything the dealer did has been on the level and theyā€™re doing everything they can to do right by OP. If you look on bring a trailer/ebay/etc, Badlands are still going for $10k+ over sticker so theyā€™ll likely get that in the current market. Demanding they sell it for MSRP hurts the dealer who by all accounts has done nothing wrong, when it should be Ford who takes the hit.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Iā€™ll be at the front of the lineā€¦ for a 2023. Lol
In my day, we would blame all ills on some ā€˜t-sipā€™ along the way doing what they do best (lol). Itā€™s messed up that this happened and I hope they come through with something to make up for it.

If *I* had to wait till 2023 for this, Iā€™d have to admit it was still worth the wait. Best of luck! BTHO fomoco!
Ford Bronco Ford Screwed Me - Damaged Bronco, Unfit for Sale, No Options 9C447988-2B74-42F0-9540-446F337D1B98

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It certainly could be sold as new still. Just because the contract is cashed electronically does not constitute the title has already been turned. Thereā€™s no way they could have had the title flipped overnight that quickly. They couldā€™ve just as easily recalled the contract from the lender and tossed it back on the lot.
not an expert on the finer workings. Just going off what the owner said (and used as further justification for firing the sales guy). if they were actually able to do that, great. Didnā€™t feel the whole dealership should suffer because of two guys (even if I personally wonā€™t visit again).

Sponsored

shawn6107

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250, Ford Expedition Max, Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago on a GMC 2500 HD. They resubmitted my order and price protected it but Iā€™ll probably be waiting another 6-9 months for my replacement truck. It stinks but Itā€™s just life in the 2020s at this point.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Well said. It is *Ford* who should be taking a hit here, not the dealer. Sounds like everything the dealer did has been on the level and theyā€™re doing everything they can to do right by OP. If you look on bring a trailer/ebay/etc, Badlands are still going for $10k+ over sticker so theyā€™ll likely get that in the current market. Demanding they sell it for MSRP hurts the dealer who by all accounts has done nothing wrong, when it should be Ford who takes the hit.
Dealer not getting $10K ADM hurts dealer, best joke of the day! šŸ˜†šŸ˜…šŸ˜‚

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You mean the brand new already two years behind ALL other manufacturers in tech and safety???? Yeah tons of sales. Exactly why are you here???? Probably because you are still waiting on that new taco or 4 runner. Donā€™t forget you canā€™t order anything from Toyota. You can put in what you want and you may or may not get itā€¦ā€¦. Another perk of buying from themā€¦..

SoK66

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 STX 5.0L, 2009 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Canā€™t blame you for walking. This launch has been the most colossal cluster Iā€™ve ever witnessed with Ford, and Iā€™m a Ford retiree.

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It looks like my Bronco saga is over. The manager at my dealership just called and said he finally got word from the Dearborn plant as to why my 2021 MY OBX Bronco has not shipped despite being built months ago. It was irreparably damaged either in transport to the rail yard or on ice mountain, and Ford has deemed it unfit for sale. The vehicle is being sent to the scrapyard. The best they could offer is to resubmit my order as a 2023 when the order banks reopen, and likely that means I wouldn't get it until next year. So I am getting my deposit back and going to buy a non-Ford vehicle. Maybe someday I'll get a Bronco, but for now, I'm done with Ford.

Also, the dealership has a Badlands similar to my OBX build on the lot, but they won't let me buy it for MSRP... they first insisted on a $27k ADM, then came down to $10k ADM. I'm not paying any ADM on a vehicle that's replacing one Ford ruined. Honestly, fuck Ford.

Update:

Went to the dealership, got my deposit back. The dealer is not being shady or trying to screw me. Spoke with the GM, and he said he was on the phone with his Ford reps all morning. They are resubmitting my build sheet with the highest priority status available. While order banks are closed, Ford is not done scheduling 2022 MY builds. So there is a chance they can backchannel and get me a 2022 on an expedited timeline.

As for buying a vehicle off the lot anywhere, that's just not a path I want to pursue, ADM or not. If I'm getting a Bronco after all this time and headache, I really want my exact build. If that means I have to wait another year and get a different vehicle in the interim, so be it. It's all very frustrating, but there's not much I can do at this point.
How is this even acceptable? They should inform you that they made a mistake and then inform you of how they are making it right for you. Along with pictures at least of so-called completed vehicle.
Sponsored