Sponsored

Ford selling EV the way they should have for bronco? [**ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS **]

TigerBronco

First Edition
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 F/X 4, 2019 Honda Odyssey, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 BMY M923A2 M
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yep. Good luck dealing with the dealers association though. Dinosaurs.

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No price negotiation, no trade-in negotiations, big win for Ford.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yep. Good luck dealing with the dealers association though. Dinosaurs.
Ford is dividing up their dealerships into Ford Blue (ICE) ,Ford Model e (BEV), and Ford Pro (commercial trucks/vans) and I'm assuming that will require new franchise agreements to be signed.

Just as an example, Ford Model e is going to be very close to the Tesla model, with no stock and much smaller show rooms.

Sponsored

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The OEM/dealership business model is about to be disrupted big time. Ford to reveal their game plan to dealers in Vegas next week. Stay tuned.

Xrayphoton1

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I guess we gotta start mining some asteroids ASAP. But really just looking at EV prices, most people won't be able to afford a car if gas engines go away. At least not any time soon. How bad is crypto mining on the electric grid as well?

8oncoPete

Raptor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Raptor and 2024 BMW i7 / 2019 BMW X5m
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The entire Tesla buying experience is online. You never really talk to anyone. Even trade and financing is done digitally, including the vehicle inspection is done via digital pics and no used car sales manager walking around your car.

you can pick up locally or have it delivered. I picked up and was in and out in minutes. Paperwork was waiting for me in my car that had my name on it. The paperwork was really just registration, as everything else was digital. Trade was just parked and never looked at before I drove off. Elon has or is trying to reset the industry. Iā€™m sure the margins with digital overhead also helps drive Tesla profit and stock price.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The entire Tesla buying experience is online. You never really talk to anyone. Even trade and financing is done digitally, including the vehicle inspection is done via digital pics and no used car sales manager walking around your car.

you can pick up locally or have it delivered. I picked up and was in and out in minutes. Paperwork was waiting for me in my car that had my name on it. The paperwork was really just registration, as everything else was digital. Trade was just parked and never looked at before I drove off. Elon has or is trying to reset the industry. Iā€™m sure the margins with digital overhead also helps drive Tesla profit and stock price.
Being a car guy, Iā€™m not in love with Tesla vehicles, but I am enamored by their business model. Most of the motoring public would rather have root canal than go to a dealership.

History

Raptor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
No doubt there are some unscrupulous dealers out there, but are we really sure that it is better to negotiate with one organization than 5,000? I have a Tesla, no hassle was nice, but they are making the largest profit per unit than any manufacturer.

Sponsored

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No doubt there are some unscrupulous dealers out there, but are we really sure that it is better to negotiate with one organization than 5,000? I have a Tesla, no hassle was nice, but they are making the largest profit per unit than any manufacturer.
The fact that 3 different people can walk into a dealer in a month and pay 3 different amounts for the same vehicle is stupid. Iā€™m sorry but thatā€™s small town, family owned business tactics. Itā€™s 2022, just tell me what the car costs. I wish I could have the 80 hours of my life back Iā€™ve wasted sitting in dealerships haggling and doing paperwork. It isnā€™t worth the $900 discount you got.

History

Raptor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The fact that 3 different people can walk into a dealer in a month and pay 3 different amounts for the same vehicle is stupid. Iā€™m sorry but thatā€™s small town, family owned business tactics. Itā€™s 2022, just tell me what the car costs. I wish I could have the 80 hours of my life back Iā€™ve wasted sitting in dealerships haggling and doing paperwork. It isnā€™t worth the $900 discount you got.
Devil is in the details.

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
Our planet and civilization wonā€™t last nearly long enough to see full EV transition and burning fossil fuels remains the only way to sufficiently power an insufficient electrical grid.

BroncoBarn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess we gotta start mining some asteroids ASAP. But really just looking at EV prices, most people won't be able to afford a car if gas engines go away. At least not any time soon. How bad is crypto mining on the electric grid as well?
The average person will be pushed onto public transportation and ride sharing.
Sponsored