Sponsored

Ford selling EV the way they should have for bronco? [**ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS **]

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Devil is in the details.
Lol only because dealers make it that way. My last car was 8% off. I sent an email of what i wanted, got a price and had the car ordered at an agreed upon price in less than an hour.

Car came a month later and I paid what we agreed on through email and docusign. Showed up to the dealer and was there for 30 minutes. Just because you’re used to old time tactics and bullshit doesn’t mean that’s the best way to do things.
Sponsored

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The average person will be pushed onto public transportation and ride sharing.
Awesome! That means I can drive my EV service van to work and not have to deal with all the idiots on the road? Sign me up for that!

NAP51DMustang

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nun-ya
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If the weather alone this year has proven anything, it is we have to do something to reduce our contribution to these changes. And if our auto manufacturers don’t convert their portfolio to electric, they will fail to be competitive or even able to sell globally.

At some point we’ve got to embrace a both, transitioning to as clean as possible strategy. However that includes a lingering PHEV or something long range / tow haul component.

We simply can’t keep doing what we were doing. But we also can’t just say “all electric” without solving complex issues like practicalities outside of metropolitan or inter metropolitan transportation, as well as the realignment in career fields.
Cars aren't the reason for any warming happening in the climate. The absolute miniscule amount of pollution they emit compared to industries in countries like China and India isn't going to change anything.

Also the Earth's ever decaying orbit around the sun and the sun's increases sunspot and solar flare activity doesn't help.

Deleted member 3063

And in the future when dealers are waxing poetic about the good ol dealership days they won't be able to admit they cut their own throats with ADM.
Set prices do have advantages. There will still be discounts and rebates.

The Tesla model isn't all sunshine and roses either when there are problems as they are lagging in the service area.
  • The car won’t start in cold weather
  • Door handles won’t open in cold weather
  • Intense squeaking noise
  • Car won’t start in warm weather
  • “Bubbles” in seats
  • Loose front seat
  • Trunk lid filled with rain water
  • Autopilot does not work properly
  • Internet is slow and does not work as it ought to
  • The wipers do not work (well enough)
  • The car creaks when you pass speed bumps and other bumps in the road
  • Decorative moldings loosen
  • The lights do not work properly
  • The doors stop working properly
  • Doors that open by themselves
  • The computer does not work
  • Yellow edges around the display screens
  • Windows that do not close completely
  • Systems reset on their own
  • Problems charging
  • Reduced power
  • Rust problems on new cars (especially Model 3)
  • Poor paint quality means that the car has to be repainted
  • You were promised free charging throughout the car’s lifetime, but the new charging stations do not fit the car
  • Lower battery life that Tesla claims
  • Problems with the air conditioner
  • Not all problems are solved when the car is serviced
  • Tesla promise to contact you, but you do not hear from them
  • You have to wait on the phone for a long time before Tesla answers
All these are not unique to Tesla but there are no dealers desk to pound on when there are issues as they can just ignore you. No showroom with examples to fondle.

https://electrek.co/2022/08/31/tesla-owners-claim-hunger-strike-elon-musk-attention/

Havanajoe

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S5 coupe. Tesla Model Y
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love or hate Ev‘s when we bought the Tesla it was the best car buying experience ordered it online and went to the show room where they show you the features. Everyone pays the exact same amount no haggling no scams I’m paying for accessories I don’t want on the bronco and they will not budge.

As for our Tesla, it’s 1-1/2 years old now and never had a problem

Sponsored

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Cars aren't the reason for any warming happening in the climate. The absolute miniscule amount of pollution they emit compared to industries in countries like China and India isn't going to change anything.

Also the Earth's ever decaying orbit around the sun and the sun's increases sunspot and solar flare activity doesn't help.
So what your saying is we shouldn't do anything because no one else is.

China is already having a BEV mandate for 2030

As for not doing anything-you could possibly eliminate 27% of CO2 emissions

Ford Bronco Ford selling EV the way they should have for bronco? [**ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS **] 1662907209188

Electric power is using more and more renewables and coal will be phased out in the next 10-20 years.

The one giant thing that is being completely ignored is that electrical generation stays the same-even overnight when demand is much lower, which is prime time for BEV recharging. Not to mention that your car isn't being used 80% of the time either.

There will be challenges ahead with BEVs-improving charge times and battery capacities and manufacture are going to completely be different in the next 10 years. Nor will there be this overnight influx of BEVs that are going to crash the electrical grill everywhere-and using California as an example is disingenuous at best because they've had grid issues long before BEVs where introduced that is from their politics.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

And in the future when dealers are waxing poetic about the good ol dealership days they won't be able to admit they cut their own throats with ADM.
Set prices do have advantages. There will still be discounts and rebates.
When did Telsa offer discounts? Also they have huge year to year price increases, just Ford is having with the Mach E and Lightning now.

I'm not a fan of the dealership model myself, but to expect everything to be peaches and cream and be a far better experience, you might want to temper your expectations.

ROKBRNC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ on tons, 1970 Bronco, 2019 Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Being a car guy, I’m not in love with Tesla vehicles, but I am enamored by their business model. Most of the motoring public would rather have root canal than go to a dealership.
I agree with not being a Tesla or any other EV homer, and as much as ai think Elon is a forward looking individual, his business model is actually not all that unique and is pretty much the same as retail. much like GM had done with the Saturn brand in the 90’s. Sure there are those that get off on the whole haggling thing just to say they screwed the dealer and got an extra $500 off, ok good for you. Personally I feel like I need to take a shower after visiting a dealership and their slimy sales people. I’ve played the game before and won, example I’ll give you $35k for a $40k sticker, but really at the end of the back and forth, let me talk to the sales manager BS just to come back an hour later and say ok we’ll go $35k, what’s the point?

I’m not going to go to Target or Walmart and negotiate the price on a can of Pringles or toilet paper, plus just like retailers have sales, I could also see the OEM direct pricing model be affected in similar fashion when demand and supply are out of balance just like how they do factory rebates today
well maybe not today but times will change again to where there is more inventory than buyers. So yeah, what’s the price and then I’ll decide if it makes sense to buy or not. And for those that are going to say that what about the dealership employees and their families, not my problem. Look around, there are a lot of jobs being replaced by automation in many industries including retail.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I agree about India and China, however my first paragraph still applies.

Deleted member 3063

When did Telsa offer discounts? Also they have huge year to year price increases, just Ford is having with the Mach E and Lightning now.

I'm not a fan of the dealership model myself, but to expect everything to be peaches and cream and be a far better experience, you might want to temper your expectations.
did I say Tesla offering discounts? wait let me check, no.
when things in the supply chain are ironed out will makers offer discounts, special financing and rebates, yes.

Sponsored

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

when things in the supply chain are ironed out will makers offer discounts, special financing and rebates, yes.
I'm thinking they will keep supply as tight as possible to keep profits up and reduce financing and rebates.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I agree with not being a Tesla or any other EV homer, and as much as ai think Elon is a forward looking individual, his business model is actually not all that unique and is pretty much the same as retail. much like GM had done with the Saturn brand in the 90’s. Sure there are those that get off on the whole haggling thing just to say they screwed the dealer and got an extra $500 off, ok good for you. Personally I feel like I need to take a shower after visiting a dealership and their slimy sales people. I’ve played the game before and won, example I’ll give you $35k for a $40k sticker, but really at the end of the back and forth, let me talk to the sales manager BS just to come back an hour later and say ok we’ll go $35k, what’s the point?

I’m not going to go to Target or Walmart and negotiate the price on a can of Pringles or toilet paper, plus just like retailers have sales, I could also see the OEM direct pricing model be affected in similar fashion when demand and supply are out of balance just like how they do factory rebates today
well maybe not today but times will change again to where there is more inventory than buyers. So yeah, what’s the price and then I’ll decide if it makes sense to buy or not. And for those that are going to say that what about the dealership employees and their families, not my problem. Look around, there are a lot of jobs being replaced by automation in many industries including retail.
Pricing by the OEM isn’t price fixing either. There are a lot of alternatives to choose from. Like you said, direct sales doesn’t prevent the OEM from offering discounts, rebates and subsidized financing. The dealer can offer to buy your trade and sell “essential” extras.

NAP51DMustang

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nun-ya
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So what your saying is we shouldn't do anything because no one else is.

China is already having a BEV mandate for 2030

As for not doing anything-you could possibly eliminate 27% of CO2 emissions

Ford Bronco Ford selling EV the way they should have for bronco? [**ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS **] 1662907209188

Electric power is using more and more renewables and coal will be phased out in the next 10-20 years.

The one giant thing that is being completely ignored is that electrical generation stays the same-even overnight when demand is much lower, which is prime time for BEV recharging. Not to mention that your car isn't being used 80% of the time either.

There will be challenges ahead with BEVs-improving charge times and battery capacities and manufacture are going to completely be different in the next 10 years. Nor will there be this overnight influx of BEVs that are going to crash the electrical grill everywhere-and using California as an example is disingenuous at best because they've had grid issues long before BEVs where introduced that is from their politics.
Transportation is like 90+% big rigs, trains, and boats. You even said it yourself consumer vehicles sit and aren't running 80+% of the time. Like I said, switching to ev's for consumer vehicles won't change anything.

History

Raptor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Lol only because dealers make it that way. My last car was 8% off. I sent an email of what i wanted, got a price and had the car ordered at an agreed upon price in less than an hour.

Car came a month later and I paid what we agreed on through email and docusign. Showed up to the dealer and was there for 30 minutes. Just because you’re used to old time tactics and bullshit doesn’t mean that’s the best way to do things.
Old time tactics? Those who jump to all or nothing always make me go hmmm!

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Old time tactics? Those who jump to all or nothing always make me go hmmm!
If what I said makes you go, “hmm.” This conversation was too complex for you to begin with. 😊
Sponsored