Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just had the interior out. I noticed all the wiring down the side of the vehicle is lose and not Tesa taped or loomed. Just bare wire sitting in the routing tray. My last 3 trucks, were all taped at the least. Cost savings?

I know my super duty had sections that, if not taped, had a hard plastic tube around the wires.
Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is usually an easy external fix at the fuse box with an add a tap pulling constant power and feeding it to the plug side of the fuse for the outlet. I did that in my Touareg and my wife’s Outback without any issues.
Forscan can change the setting I did it on my 2020 Raptor.
I was in fact able to “Disable” the Power Point Timeout using Forscan. Now all the accessory plugs are hot 24/7 including the 12v in the cargo as well as all USB ports, etc

StuRox

Base
First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base
@AllFordTech - Hi, Kyle! On my 2.3 Manual Base, if I want to update my current stock tires (255/70R16) to a (265/75R16), would there be any issues? I will keep the stock 16x7 wheels.

Can you please confirm if this upgrade is fine and will not cause any issues performance or warranty wise. Is the only thing needed with a larger tire upgrade the speedometer calibration?

Last edited:

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Still could be wrong in the service manual and owners manual. Let me see if I can get some clarification from my Ford contacts.
any update on this by chance, @Gloff?

Sponsored

Yeti-X

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The catch can is for gas engines that are direct injected. The issue is that since the gas is injected directly into the cylinder the blowby oil from the crankcase that is routed into the intake can cause a carbon build up on the back of the intake vales, since there is no gas to wash it off. Previously, in port injected engines gas was injected into the intake and so the gas cleaned the back of the valves. This hasn't been an issue on diesel engines.

After 2001 (I think) our CA smog tests are simply an inspection and checking for codes. If the check engine light isn't on, then you pass the smog check. I wonder how many smog techs are going to check carefully enough to see a catch can. Who knows.

BTW, the 2.7 was designed with the gas injected in the port right in front of the valve, for this reason. No catch can or carbon build up on 2.7 motors.
Really because my non direct injected supercharged mustang has a catch can the purpose is to catch anything that is not air from blowby to enter where it is not suppose to it has nothing to do with where the fuel is injected also had catch cans on my high performance turbo diesels

Fetus1987

Outer Banks
First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco outer banks 2022, volkswagon jetta SEL
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hello everyone,

My name is Kyle and I am a Ford Senior Master Tech and have been with Ford for over 15 years. I am here to answer any of your questions to the best of my knowledge. Hope to get to know and help some of the people on her so Ask away!!

Kyle,

Waiting on my Bronco but the power steering just crapped out on my 2012 F150. After a series of Service Advancetrac lights coming on and off I got a Power Steering Assist Fault and the power steering quit.

Got me to thinking I may need something if I'm going to be waiting for a while fo my Bronco. What are your thoughts on the 2021 Ranger Lariat?

Just noticed you are from Connecticut also.

Thanks for joining the forum, Artie
Hey Kyle. Just turned 2,000 miles on my brand new bronco and I'm getting these exact same codes and warnings. Service advancetrac and steering assist fault what is the cause? I also lost power steering. Another question would my warranty for this be denied because of an added lift kit?
Sponsored