Sponsored

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks very much for providing this opportunity buddy. Very helpful to have someone like you to get tips from. Most of us and very excited the Bronco, but a few individual will be negative regardless and seem to always have a reason for it. Hopefully, this feed will have people take real advantage of what you are providing. Again, thanks for taking the time buddy!!!
Sponsored

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If you are looking for the best protection, performance and durability, nothing beats a full synthetic oil. It is going to help immensely on 10k+ oil change intervals being as 10k miles could be roughly a year or so worth of driving for most people....

...a full synthetic oil is the best. Now if you want my opinion on oil change intervals, I highly recommend 5-7.5k. Simply it’s the cheapest insurance money can buy.
Agreed. Synthetic oil flows faster at cold startup and can withstand higher stress and heat. It is simply better quality oil. Keep in mind we are also talking about turbocharged engines. Turbos create extra heat and stress as they are lubricated by the same oil.

There is little question that full synthetic is superior. The question for each individual is, is the extra cost worth the investment?

is this your forever vehicle? then Yes. do your driving habits include harsh conditions like towing, stop & go driving, hardcore off roading, extended idling, extreme cold winter startups or running in extreme heat on the beach or dunes etc. then Yes.

is the bronco just the flavor of the week and you are going to sell it a couple of years before it goes out of warranty? if so then paying extra for your oil changes is probably a waste of money. but if it makes you feel good then go for it.

Modern Fords use an IOLM (intellegent oil life monitor) that monitors RPM, engine load and other conditions and in theory tells you when your vehicle needs its oil changed. Having said that everyone is pushing for 10k oil changes and that is a long time ESPECIALLY on a turbocharged vehicle.

Ford Motor Company does NOT say that you can go any longer between oil changes because you run Full Synthetic. It is just a better quality of oil.

Another major consideration is that most people never check their oil anymore. In the old days they did it for you or your dad checked it at the gas station every week when you filled up with gas. Now people never check it and will drive 10,000 miles or more and never open the hood. Thats a long time to go if your vehicle is leaking or consuming oil.

I had a customer come in last week with a new F-150 that had 14,000 miles on the odometer and still had the original factory oil filter that it was born with. The engine had less than 3 quarts of oil remaining. It requires closer to 9!

I recommend shooting for 5k oil changes. That way if life gets in the way and you are late you can still get in before 7,500. If you insist on following the IOLM and waiting until 10k then Synthetic is a good investment (or at least check and top your oil occasionally!).

just my .02. your mileage may vary.

Last edited:

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Kyle,
What are your thoughts on the Auto Start Stop?
I see it as something that is introducing unnecessary wear and tear.

In our Audi I often say the sole purpose of the engine shutting off is to remind me to push that little button!

Last edited:

evilletruck

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My question is HOW to do the recalibration? I just drove around with my F150 having the wrong speedometer numbers. I prefer not to do that with my Bronco, if possible.
Not the OP but...

Yes you will need to re-calibrate if you go to different size than the truck came from and it can be done with Forscan,

There are a ton of videos showing how to fo it for F150's and recording one today for Bronco's ( but its really just the same as it is for F150's )

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes there is a option for the Public an it is called ForScan. It has most if not all the capabilities of the FDRD scan tool we use at Ford. It does take a little more work because some programming needs to be manually entered. Check out ForScan.org
Can Ford see the evidence of ForScan changes and is their internal guidance to void warranties for minor changes? Seems like there are all kinds of minor tweaks that could be done (changing the number of bongs for certain events, enabling auto mirror folding when turning off the engine, etc) that shouldn’t effect anything, but as an extended warranty guy I was too much of a pussy to do them on my Raptor for fear of Ford punishing me for tampering.

I can completely understand voiding warranties for significant PCM tuning. I’m hoping Ford releases their own safe tunes for the 2.3L.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi Kyle @AllFordTech,
Any indication if the 12v in the cargo area can be modified to be hot 24/7 instead of turning off after 30 min?
This is usually an easy external fix at the fuse box with an add a tap pulling constant power and feeding it to the plug side of the fuse for the outlet. I did that in my Touareg and my wife’s Outback without any issues.

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Catch cans are always a good option for turbo charged vehicles. I do Super Charger installs on Mustangs and F150 and 9/10 times the customer ops for the catch can. It’s a nice little added insurance and definitely helps with prolonging engine wear and tear.
Is there a particular one you could recommend? Oem part #.

stm378

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As long as the hose is supplying beer, I’m good with it!
Ford Bronco Ford Senior Master Tech Here (w/ Bronco Ordered). Have Questions? 1630242025413

but seriously, in a couple of responses I’ve seen you recommended a catch can, but also the extended warranty, which is the route I had planned to go. My question is, would adding the catch can impact the warranty in any way?

Deleted member 12876

I wondering if it’s possible to swap 10R60 transmission for the 10R80.
the 10R60 is a Significant downgrade for the Bronco in respect of available torque limits.
2.7 will hard to tune and stay within the torque parameters of the 10R60
Thoughts…

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not the OP but...

Yes you will need to re-calibrate if you go to different size than the truck came from and it can be done with Forscan,

There are a ton of videos showing how to fo it for F150's and recording one today for Bronco's ( but its really just the same as it is for F150's )
I feel like this is above my pay grade to program a vehicle. 😬

stm378

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel like this is above my pay grade to program a vehicle. 😬
I’d assume in a pinch the dealer can do it if you’re nervous about it. Some of the folks on here really use Forscan for multiple purposes and play with the settings, if you suspect this is the only thing you’re going to ever do with it, it might not be worth the trouble of buying and learning it.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’d assume in a pinch the dealer can do it if you’re nervous about it. Some of the folks on here really use Forscan for multiple purposes and play with the settings, if you suspect this is the only thing you’re going to ever do with it, it might not be worth the trouble of buying and learning it.
Nope. The service people told me they have never done it and can't change the factory settings. I thought this was weird, but whatever.

stm378

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nope. The service people told me they have never done it and can't change the factory settings. I thought this was weird, but whatever.
Seriously? I think they just don’t want to. Maybe alternatively when you start getting out on the trails with some of the forum members one of them that’s done it already could knock it out for you? Just a thought.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seriously? I think they just don’t want to. Maybe alternatively when you start getting out on the trails with some of the forum members one of them that’s done it already could knock it out for you? Just a thought.
I'm going to ask my mechanic about it. Everyone there puts big tires on their trucks, so I assume they will have a better answer. There are a few dealerships that routinely put bigger tires on brand new vehicles and sell them for an upcharge. I may call them and ask about it.
Sponsored