Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello everyone,

My name is Kyle and I am a Ford Senior Master Tech and have been with Ford for over 15 years. I am here to answer any of your questions to the best of my knowledge. Hope to get to know and help some of the people on her so Ask away!!
Hello Kyle, Do you know anything about this
Ford Bronco Ford Senior Master Tech Here (w/ Bronco Ordered). Have Questions? Capture2.JPG

What it will do for the bronco?
Sponsored

Bronco Hink

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hello everyone,

My name is Kyle and I am a Ford Senior Master Tech and have been with Ford for over 15 years. I am here to answer any of your questions to the best of my knowledge. Hope to get to know and help some of the people on her so Ask away!!
Thank you for your time and doing this. I’m an early member of the Dirt Mountain crew with my bronco being built in June. Looks like now people in my situation may be getting a bronco that has been sitting 6 months or more. Are there any things you recommend I push back on the dealer to do maintenance wise for one that been sitting that long and in your opinion has the vehicle been devalued at all? Thank you

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Forscan can change the setting I did it on my 2020 Raptor.

It seemed pretty daunting to me at first but about 20 minutes reading / watching a few vids and I was ready to tackle it. I think the plug was $47 on Amazon and the software is free or you can make a donation. I selected all the mods I wanted from the spreadsheet provided in the Forscan threads. Printed and took my laptop and connector to the truck. Plug in, accessory mode save all modules and named them factory build plus module name. Opened each module made changes saved it and done.
Honestly spend a little time looking into it for the price the dealer would charge you more to make one change. Also you might post up for anyone in your area. I did two other Raptors in my town because those folks were nervous about the process also. I just had them bring a thumb drive for their stock configs.
Thank you, this is very helpful. This doesn't impact the warranty does it?

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Welcome Kyle, and thank you for standing in the line of fire. We do appreciate your offer.

Note to folks: Please attempt to read some of the questions before you ask. I have already seen several of the same questions ask. I would hate for us to run this young man off before we even get our Broncos. Thanks

Last edited:

Sponsored

Offroad Canuck

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted '93 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello everyone,

Hello and welcome Kyle. Just a quick question, is there room under the hood with the 2.7l to run a dual battery setup?

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That’s a good question and on the same lines as does a catch can void your warranty? Probably more about your dealer than anything else. In Forscan you are going into an already configurable module and typically changing one line of code and one number in that code from either a 1 to a 0 or a 0 to a one. So picture 4 sets of 1 and 0 with 4 digits in each string for a total of 16 positions. You change one of those positions and by saving your as built config you can change it back anytime. And what is even stranger same model year vehicles on the Raptor forum will come with different configs from the factory!
My father worked for Ford as a mechanic and later Forman for 36 years so I know a lot of the techs at the dealership and I asked them about it and all the ones I knew said what’s it called. Never heard of it. Then one took my truck back to connect to their tool and he said he can not see anything I changed. They called one of the younger guys over and he said oh yea Forscan rocks and that he does configs for people on the side and charges $100 and never had an issue.
Sorry fordtech didn’t mean to hijack your thread. Thanks for being here!

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you go full synthetic, 7.5k is the max I would go. Reason being like I’ve said before, if you wait until 10k sometimes you get lazy and it gets stretched to 12k and beyond. Also if your going that long on the oil, it’s probably been in the motor for 12 months or so and to me that’s a lot of key cycles, start ups and climate change depending on where you live
I'm nodding along to all of this until I realize you're talking miles not kilometres. People go 10,000 MILES between oil changes? Why would you do that to a vehicle? Great point about the time spent in the engine - all my older vehicles always said max every three months or 5,000km (~3k miles), so I'm curious to see what the maximum recommended time interval is if modern vehicles allow much higher mileage between oil changes. What's your recommendation here?

And thanks for offering to answer our questions. I hope you have some time off ahead of you because you're going to be a busy boy.

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It can if the failure is caused by the modification. Ford would have to prove the failure was caused by the modification.

Is there a way to add Sport mode to the models that don’t have it, through Forscan or other method?
Ford won't officially support Forscan or programming modifications, so you may be barking up the wrong tree.

That’s a good question and on the same lines as does a catch can void your warranty? Probably more about your dealer than anything else. In Forscan you are going into an already configurable module and typically changing one line of code and one number in that code from either a 1 to a 0 or a 0 to a one. So picture 4 sets of 1 and 0 with 4 digits in each string for a total of 16 positions. You change one of those positions and by saving your as built config you can change it back anytime. And what is even stranger same model year vehicles on the Raptor forum will come with different configs from the factory!
My father worked for Ford as a mechanic and later Forman for 36 years so I know a lot of the techs at the dealership and I asked them about it and all the ones I knew said what’s it called. Never heard of it. Then one took my truck back to connect to their tool and he said he can not see anything I changed. They called one of the younger guys over and he said oh yea Forscan rocks and that he does configs for people on the side and charges $100 and never had an issue.
Sorry fordtech didn’t mean to hijack your thread. Thanks for being here!
See above. I agree with you though, Ford probably won't go digging through the programming unless it is suspected that something was changed.

Sponsored

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It can if the failure is caused by the modification. Ford would have to prove the failure was caused by the modification.

Ford won't officially support Forscan or programming modifications, so you may be barking up the wrong tree.

See above. I agree with you though, Ford probably won't go digging through the programming unless it is suspected that something was changed.
Agreed...Ford does not support Forscan. what is interesting, and I have zero actual knowledge just repeating what is said in the other forums, the same modules are shared across many of the same platforms so in most (maybe all) cases you are enabling features already in the module and already "standard" on other vehicles...for instance, when I lock my truck the mirrors auto-fold in and this is called Lincoln Mirrors because those vehicles have that configured in the module from the factory. You can even turn on the Lincoln startup screen instead of the Raptor one! From doing it it is hard to imagine you could break something but maybe if you were supposed to change the 11th position and you changed the 10th instead maybe? I don't know I know there are some of the more hardcore Forscan folks on here and they can chime in...on the Raptor there are some modules they say DO NOT touch these because they can become in-operative. And from what I understand if you broke a module it would have to be sent back to Ford corp. to be "read" even then I am not sure anything would come from it...as I said the oddities of same vehicle year with different factory configs in the modules but built with same options / packages. But, I think anything and I mean anything you do with or to your vehicle comes with some risk...IMO I think Forscan and listed mods are pretty low risk. Now if you are one of the pioneers playing with every number to see what happens...yea, your risk goes up considerably - pretty sure that is how they found the modules marked do not touch! But same with adding catchcan, relocating intercooler, changing the intake, changing the suspension, I could even see an ornery dealer not covering a camera you changed the location on...I mean just google people changing to a bigger tire and being denied warranty claims on brakes, axles, etc. There are a lot of Internet horror stories but with the millions of modifications done / year and most every dealer now installing lifts, lights, intakes, etc., etc. I think the risk is pretty low but hey I am just some dude on the Internet and you have to decide for yourself! :LOL:YMMV.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Kyle, Welcome aboard! Appreciate the support and help. Hope you don’t get too inundated with questions having nothing to do with the mechanics or have aleady been answered 100 times on the forum.

wait…..too late. :cool:

PNW_Salmon

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hey Kyle, glad to see you still haven't been tarred and feathered here yet. Some people here are a little vicious/passionate here.

I had a few questions that you may not be able to answer but I would appreciate any input or guesses you have. I basically am planning on buying a new car end of 2022/early 2023 once my work contract expires and I come back stateside. Bronco is quite tempting but a few things:
1. Any idea how long the new green will be around? By far my favorite color I have seen!
2. Any chance Ford will release some minor adjustments before the mid cycle refresh? Mostly, ventilated front seats (like the F150, as I notice the dash and controls are the same) and maybe rear vents in the center console?
3. 7 speed manual with the 2.7 when?!

Thanks again and appreciate the answers-gives people here something new to read and get worked up over.

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford would have to prove the failure was caused by the modification.
Have fun taking Ford to court to have them prove that. I've seen some instances where a mod was blamed for an issue, factory or aftermarket. The claim was denied and said you're sol or the warranty was voided all together. Only recourse was suck it up and drive on or take it to court.

Example: On the Jeep forums, someone had a dealer install a factory non performance part, which had a 1 year warranty, as it was installed by the dealer ( air filter assembly). Owner had engine issues after the fact. Dealer blamed it on the dealer installed part. Customer had to buy a new block.

Another example: Catch Can Voids Warranty
Sponsored