Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Etron
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So you can cut and paste the Mustang 2.3L solution (from 2015-2017) for the Bronco at get +75HP and +64 ft-lbs of torque for only $867?
I’m not quoting exact specs, just the description of the part. If you google it you will see it for many different Ford models.

Lake Tahoe Traveler

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2dr BL SASQ, & 1975 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Kyle…. Greetings and thanks for doing this…..

With catch can between the PCV and the manifold,…. on my turbo engine it makes positive pressure to the PCV when the turbos spool up (vacuum at idle).

Is it a good idea to put a check valve between the manifold and the outlet side of the catch can so you aren’t pressuring the can????

Secondly from the breather (on the drivers side) to the fresh air side of the turbo there is a hose….
Should I put a second catch can in between there to keep oil vapor from backstreaming through to the intercooler when the turbos are spoiling???

Final question …. I have a service plan with my dealership…. I want to run catch cans and also fully synthetic Mobil 1 specifically designed for the F-150….

Is a typical Ford dealership going to be good with all of this???

Any help answering my questions are well appreciated

Again thanks for doing this !!!!
Kudos to you!!!!!

Last edited:

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you are looking for the best protection, performance and durability, nothing beats a full synthetic oil. It is going to help immensely on 10k+ oil change intervals being as 10k miles could be roughly a year or so worth of driving for most people. So the amount of start ups, especially with the stop/start system and the climate changes over the course of a year, a full synthetic oil is the best. Now if you want my opinion on oil change intervals, I highly recommend 5-7.5k. Simply it’s the cheapest insurance money can buy.
Thank you. Here is the ams oil 100% synthetic signature series service intervals below. To make sure I understand you correctly, you recommend changing it every 5k miles? Or was your recommendation for an oil that had a shorter interval than the one I just attached the picture of?

4F569261-2563-4A6D-B4E3-9010D3246AAA.jpeg

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Catch cans are always a good option for turbo charged vehicles. I do Super Charger installs on Mustangs and F150 and 9/10 times the customer ops for the catch can. It’s a nice little added insurance and definitely helps with prolonging engine wear and tear.
Ok so what is the best catch can setup out there? presumably something that works with the ranger on the 2.3L or the F150 on the 2.7L would be ideal, but what brand and set up of a DUAL CATCH CAN do you recommend?? (Dual catch can for both dirty and clean sides)

I've heard that some catch can setups even from well known manufacturers trigger the CHECK ENGINE light!

Sponsored

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello everyone,

My name is Kyle and I am a Ford Senior Master Tech and have been with Ford for over 15 years. I am here to answer any of your questions to the best of my knowledge. Hope to get to know and help some of the people on her so Ask away!!

Kyle,

Waiting on my Bronco but the power steering just crapped out on my 2012 F150. After a series of Service Advancetrac lights coming on and off I got a Power Steering Assist Fault and the power steering quit.

Got me to thinking I may need something if I'm going to be waiting for a while fo my Bronco. What are your thoughts on the 2021 Ranger Lariat?

Just noticed you are from Connecticut also.

Thanks for joining the forum, Artie

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hi Kyle, and welcome to the forum!

I have an easy one for you. I heard the Bronco takes regular unleaded, but I've seen where some people are using premium instead.

Any real advantage/disadvantage for the engine, on using regular or premium, or is it more of a marketing ploy? lol

I'm not a mechanic, but with gas prices, I'd rather get by using regular if it's not going to damage anything. What say you? Thanks!

DEC

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 640, Mustang Bullitt, Mazda 3, Honda Accord,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did some reading on what a catch can is. Simple concept. Found out illegal in CA Because of our smog rules.
On a good note, CA won’t check a new vehicle for 6 years

4xFord

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello everyone,

My name is Kyle and I am a Ford Senior Master Tech and have been with Ford for over 15 years. I am here to answer any of your questions to the best of my knowledge. Hope to get to know and help some of the people on her so Ask away!!
I've heard the Bronco's 2.7 is a bit of a dog off the line compared to it's twin brother in the F-150. Do you think it's intentionally tuned this way to make life a little easier on the smaller 10R60 transmission?

OP
OP
AllFordTech

AllFordTech

Base
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks Kyle. I will refrain from asking specific questions until such time as you have had the opportunity to actually get hands on experience. But great to have your expertise up in here!!!
Thanks. Slowly they are coming in and I am getting some hands on time .

Sponsored
OP
OP
AllFordTech

AllFordTech

Base
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've heard the Bronco's 2.7 is a bit of a dog off the line compared to it's twin brother in the F-150. Do you think it's intentionally tuned this way to make life a little easier on the smaller 10R60 transmission?
I have not driven a 2.7 Bronco yet, interested to see how they go. It is very possible they are de tuned do to the size.

OP
OP
AllFordTech

AllFordTech

Base
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi Kyle, and welcome to the forum!

I have an easy one for you. I heard the Bronco takes regular unleaded, but I've seen where some people are using premium instead.

Any real advantage/disadvantage for the engine, on using regular or premium, or is it more of a marketing ploy? lol

I'm not a mechanic, but with gas prices, I'd rather get by using regular if it's not going to damage anything. What say you? Thanks!
Regular will be more than fine in the Bronco. Premium may burn a little cleaner but as far as performance you really won’t notice any difference. Every once and a will open it up on the highway entrance ramp or similar areas. The higher rpms will clean everything out.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did some reading on what a catch can is. Simple concept. Found out illegal in CA Because of our smog rules.
Yep, but you are not tested for the first 8 years of ownership so keep your parts to return to stock every 2 years there after ;)

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you go full synthetic, 7.5k is the max I would go. Reason being like I’ve said before, if you wait until 10k sometimes you get lazy and it gets stretched to 12k and beyond. Also if your going that long on the oil, it’s probably been in the motor for 12 months or so and to me that’s a lot of key cycles, start ups and climate change depending on where you live
Thanks for the reply. 6 to 7k is where I push it. I use Amsoil Signature Series 5w30 in my 2012 Mustang GT that has 51,000 miles on her. I know Ford recommends 5w20. But I've read some through lubricating oil analysis reports that recommend the Amsoil Signature Series 5w30, even if the Manufacturer recommends 5w20.

BLMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Ultimate Wrangler and two other normal cars
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On a good note, CA won’t check a new vehicle for 6 years
Is it really worth it? I can see it being more beneficial on my turbo diesel but I have to smog it too often and it is t cheap.
Sponsored