First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Received notice my Bronco shipped n 4/13. I’m a 1/10 build week. ETD was 4/21.

i live in Jacksonville Florida And my dealer is in St. Augustine. Through talking to my dealership and Ford, I learned my Bronco was supposedly sitting in Jacksomville railyard for the past 6 weeks. 2 weeks ago I went through the effort of tracking down the rail car and the automated CSX service told me the car was in British Colombia. I thought to myself “no way that’s right”, but brought it to my sales guys attention. Today he confirmed my Bronco is, in fact, in British Colombia Canada

I am completely beside myself at this point. Completely over this process. Do I really want a to pay for a new truck that spent 4 months in a Michigan winter and was then shipped across the North American Continent ….. twice? Dealer has no plan to give me a break on price.

Should I throw in the towel or stick it out? Ford has sucked all the fun out of this process and I have no faith in the quality of this automobile given the gross incompetence thus far.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Jax Beach

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My Florida based dealer just confirmed my Bronco was shipped to British Colombia, on the other side of the continent. There is a long nightmarish back story to all this, but I am at the end of my rope now. Despite the car sitting in a Michigan winter for 4 months and being shipped across North America, twice, the dealer has no plan to give me a break on price. Nor do they have anything resembling a coherent plan to get my Bronco back to Florida.

I think I am done with Ford and the idea of owning a Brono. This has been a complete nightmare.

Should I throw in the towel and go get something else?

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't see how this is any different than buying a car from dealer stock a few years ago, you would have had no idea that any of this had happened, how long the car sat outside on the lot in the weather, who test drove it, or how it was driven.

Now if the Bronco was a 2021 being delivered this late, I would have second thoughts and would expect some type of discount for being essentially a leftover 2021.

Sponsored

WarthogJr

Black Diamond
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

After driving my Bronco every day and off roading several times during the last six+ months... my advice is to be patient. This is an absolute blast! The hassles, waiting, and frustration that most of us went through will fade pretty quickly. If you bail now, you'll never know how great this is.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can't top that story but I wouldn't bail out now...chalk it up to part of the adventure and enjoy the truck.

Jrod0486

Black Diamond
First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Your dealer doesn't have any control over this. You're in same boat as tons of us. Like the above post said, this kind of transport craziness happens, it's just not so public and out there because it's not Bronco the other times. It's just shitty across the board for everybody. Believe me when I tell you, your dealer would LOVE to have a lot full of cars to sell, but they don't. Ford would love to be getting the money from the dealers. They'd love to get ALL Broncos out there sold at 30-60k each. But, they can't. It ALL sucks.

negativezero

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think this is definitely an illustration of why Ford may not want to be forthcoming with all of the gory details that our rabid excited buyer fanbase would want to see about how the sausage is made.

There is such a thing as knowing too much, and having too much information.
It sucks for you, and I 100% sympathize, and I'm sure this is going to be a fevered vision of future self in July.
It'll be OK though.

Ignorance is bliss, like when you check into a hotel room and it's new, fresh, and unspoiled to you (completely blind to the debauchery that may have happened the day before).

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hard to pin this on your dealer...this all on Ford. One would think this would be one of those times @Ford would chime in and offer some guidance.

Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Florida based dealer just confirmed my Bronco was shipped to British Colombia, on the other side of the continent. There is a long nightmarish back story to all this, but I am at the end of my rope now. Despite the car sitting in a Michigan winter for 4 months and being shipped across North America, twice, the dealer has no plan to give me a break on price. Nor do they have anything resembling a coherent plan to get my Bronco back to Florida.

I think I am done with Ford and the idea of owning a Brono. This has been a complete nightmare.

Should I throw in the towel and go get something else?
If you are tracking by railcar, isn't it possible your Bronco was offloaded and what you are seeing is the car itself moving afterwards?

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Received notice my Bronco shipped n 4/13. I’m a 1/10 build week. ETD was 4/21.

i live in Jacksonville Florida And my dealer is in St. Augustine. Through talking to my dealership and Ford, I learned my Bronco was supposedly sitting in Jacksomville railyard for the past 6 weeks. 2 weeks ago I went through the effort of tracking down the rail car and the automated CSX service told me the car was in British Colombia. I thought to myself “no way that’s right”, but brought it to my sales guys attention. Today he confirmed my Bronco is, in fact, in British Colombia Canada

I am completely beside myself at this point. Completely over this process. Do I really want a to pay for a new truck that spent 4 months in a Michigan winter and was then shipped across the North American Continent ….. twice? Dealer has no plan to give me a break on price.

Should I throw in the towel or stick it out? Ford has sucked all the fun out of this process and I have no faith in the quality of this automobile given the gross incompetence thus far.
As one Jax (well, I have Jags tickets, but live in Charleston) person to another, its worth waiting for. I was just on Amelia Island State Park a few weeks ago (photo). I can't imagine any harm done except the emotional frustration! My car survived 3 months on Dirt Mountain! Maybe Ford will give you some extra rewards points, but its not the dealers fault!

20220517_165257.jpg

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang, 2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree with the comments above. It'd be wiser to just keep the car or sell it for a different one. Fucking Ford never fails to disappoint.
Sponsored