First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 f-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Many of us want a V8 for sound, low end torque, simplicity and reliability. The coyote is a very wide engine that would be difficult to fit and to do maintenance on once in.
Anyone else think a mini Godzilla somwhere in high 4.xx. Or low 5.xx range basic pushrod engine just like the 7.3 Godzilla would be a perfect engine for you?
Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Many of us want a V8 for sound, low end torque, simplicity and reliability. The coyote is a very wide engine that would be difficult to fit and to do maintenance on once in.
Anyone else think a mini Godzilla somwhere in high 4.xx. Or low 5.xx range basic pushrod engine just like the 7.3 Godzilla would be a perfect engine for you?
I don't know about the new Bronco...but I'm definitely looking to Godzilla swap my 1990. Waiting for control pack to come out and gotta figure trans compatibility. 4R100 would be perfect for that application. Hopefully by fall I will have some better info to share! If you are looking to go "off the reservation" so to speak, any engine builder can build you a 351w based longblock in the displacement you want. Motorsport sells a complete crate in 408, 427, and 460 cubes...all slightly smaller dimensions than godzilla. Smaller yet, 302 based motors like 347 are extremely popular w/the foxbody crowd...probably the most popular Ford pushrod product getting built these days. Of course your trans/motor mounts/hoses/FEAD don't fit any of these, so it would be a project for sure. I'm sure somebody out there is going to do it though...hope that person posts their experience here!

Erik427

First Name
Robert Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Shorter deck height and maybe a displacement of 6.3 Liters........Gm and Fiat do not have a 6.3 Liter V-8.
Alloy construction.

20Bronco21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€™22 Badlands, ā€˜23 Balands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A Baby Zilla would be ideal and probably fit without frame modifications. Duel direct and port injection. 289, 302 or a 351. Classic architecture, classic displacement. A boy can dream...

Denney78

Black Diamond
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan skyline, and a Chevy nova
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
While Iā€™m sure itā€™s a good engine, and from everything Iā€™ve seen it is. that is the worst possible name Ford could have chosen for an american made engine. Godzilla is an earned nickname that applies to a vehicle/engine that nearly killed an entire motor sports series by being so dominant. They need to just call it the kong or something.

Sponsored

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How about the other way...a v8 based on the 2.0 I4...4.0 v8 twin turbo. The 2.3 is based on the 2.0 so why not a small v8 using the pistons, rods, and heads off the 2.0.

THOMASO1371

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'd take a small 3.0L to 4.0L V8 with a turbo or even hybrid system. I'm sure they can come up with some marketing EcoBoost, PowerBoost name for it.

Gives us the sound we want with the efficiency they need.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How about going the chevy 4.3 route? A 5.4 big 6 with 320hp 350lbft and room to grow with aftermarket support shared over the platform with the 7.3. A mild supercharger would bring it up to 440hp 490lbft pretty easy. It would also serve as a good HD fleet truck motor like in transit vans, econoline chassis cabs, and other work only trucks. Also should bring up to 20% mpg improvements for fleets. While still giving plenty power to haul a crew around.

Staticclism

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
230k mile 1996 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I still just wish Ford would re-release the 300-6. In my opinion one of the best engines ever produced.

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would they call it the lizard?

Sponsored
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST, 2013 Jeep JKU, 1979 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A smaller pushrod v8 would solve all the packaging issues people claim there is with the Coyote engine. It should fit easily in the bronco/ranger frame. Would buy that engine in a heartbeat.

Unfortunately those DOHC engines just take up so much space and are fairly heavy.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ya let's bring back the 1980 302 w/80hp! Those were the days fellas! Hey wait a minute...I just realized the 1979 pace car edition had...WAIT FOR IT...a 2.3 turbo <rimshot>...GOODNIGHT EVERYBODY!

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

it wouldn't be available in the sas