Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Should have had just 1 trim (Bronco) with every option ala carte
Would be nice to have that level of customization but think about it, Ford can't even bring this horse to market as is...That would have just made things even more complicated.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There’s no need to be a smart ass just having a discussion to pass the time along while we all wait not sure why so many people get butt hurt over the dumbest shit
We all have seen the bronco crowd lose their collective shit over cupholders and seat colored thread, and dashboard material.... way too much butthurt in broncoland...

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bronco21fan

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We all have seen the bronco crowd lose their collective shit over cupholders and seat colored thread, and dashboard material.... way too much butthurt in broncoland...
Totally agree with you

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The point is that less options mean less build complexity, which hopefully means better quality, because of instead of having to build something 6 different ways, you only need to do it 2-3 different ways.

Ford has been trying to simplify its options and builds for years and the Bronco and Bronco Sport, with all of their trims fly directly in the face of that.

Some more info

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/03/21/2019-ford-fusion-complexity-build-combinations/

Haha the video at the bottom of the link is the Bronco Sport before it was known as that.

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was just going to say that. Instead of creating trims to fit a niche, put out a base model and let them pick the options. I would have a much different build if that were the case.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Was just thinking with the current situation and all the parts shortages Ford should of just had a couple trims base black diamond outer banks and badlands wild track and big bend should of not been a possibility they just don’t seem to make sense. Plus with all the parts constraints seems like ford left themselves short handed with all the different models to make
Whoa. Don't know why that other guy reacted the way he did. But I agree with you and felt this way for a while

Not just less trims, but more differentiation between them. Besides wheels and grills, there's little way to tell the trims apart from the exterior. It'd be nice if going forward there were more unique factors between the trims. But I'm sure Ford did crazy amounts of market analysis and had jeep as an example to aim for. So what do we know 🤷🏾‍♂️

Sponsored

Rubicon 2 Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon / 2021 Bronco: Badlands/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was just thinking with the current situation and all the parts shortages Ford should of just had a couple trims base black diamond outer banks and badlands wild track and big bend should of not been a possibility they just don’t seem to make sense. Plus with all the parts constraints seems like ford left themselves short handed with all the different models to make
Thought the same: Base, Wild Track or OBX, and Badlands. Seems like that would have covered a lot of the field. Also, don't restrict the options for models. If an option is offered, then make available, even on the base. IMHO. Fun thought process.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the real issue is that they were trying to copy the Tesla model. Offer everyone a chance to reserve a car that's not ready for primetime. Then you throw covid into the mix and it's all one giant clusterf$#k

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Agree with this- keep it simple approach. Then everyone add their options. Or maybe launch the first year with one model, then MY 2022 with more packages.

Perhaps Ford was not ready to launch the Bronco- suppliers may not have been ready to make certain parts in volume for production. Like the MIC tops for instance. The supplier may have been able to make a few prototypes although they are now failing specifications in production volume. Although Ford is ultimately responsible and should have done better auditing the supply chain to be able to produce parts within specification and also in high volume.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I posted this last summer, but found it interesting. Not being the fanboy, but I think Ford has this giving the customer a lot of choices thing down pretty well. They brought a well-designed product with off-road credibility to market, offering a ton of trims and options. So there are a few color choices we would like, other than that, I think it is a home run! They haven't even started the line yet, lets give them a little slack.

How Many Different Ways Are There To Build a Ford F-150? Would You Believe 2 Billion? | The Daily Drive | Consumer Guide® The Daily Drive | Consumer Guide®

TimmH

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think models should only be standard features differences, with each level getting 1 more standard feature, then pile on the options.
Sponsored