First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No limitations on options? Basequatch, Washout floors, and a 12 inch screen? It's the stuff of dreams.
Sponsored

Low Hammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I understand why Ford structured things the way they did and I'm not going to complain too much. But I think a better compromise between customer friendly al-a-carte and Ford friendly upsells would have been as follows.

They should have just had had 3 interiors(outer banks style cloth, washout interior, and leather).

3 engine/transmission options(v4 manual, v4 automatic, v6 automatic).

3 luxury packages (mid package with dual zone heated seats and heated steering wheel, tech package with the 12" screen cameras and the fancy safety crap, and lux package with signature headlamps matching fenders and B&O audio).

Then have 3 off-road packages(standard, rear locker, and advanced ie sasquach package).

2 door and 4 door obviously.

Soft and hard top obviously.

Bundle the modular bumper with the armor and make it an optional package.

Two special editions("Fully loaded" First Edition, and Badlands but with the swaybar disconnect, mid package, and sasquach standard). Give these versions special decals on the inside and out or something because for some odd reason some people like to advertise these things

Ditch the excess interior fabrics. This will cost Ford slightly more BOM for the equivalent of the lower trim, but they would make that back by having fewer things to track and stock

Have grab handles always match the color choice for the paint. Really this one is a no brainer; I'm shocked Ford didn't already figure that out.

Last edited:

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I understand why Ford structured things the way they did and I'm not going to complain too much. But I think a better compromise between customer friendly al-a-carte and Ford friendly upsells would have been as follows.

They should have just had had 3 interiors(outer banks style cloth, washout interior, and leather).

3 engine/transmission options(v4 manual, v4 automatic, v6 automatic).

3 luxury packages (mid package with dual zone heated seats and heated steering wheel, tech package with the 12" screen cameras and the fancy safety crap, and lux package with signature headlamps matching fenders and B&O audio).

Then have 3 off-road packages(standard, rear locker, and advanced ie sasquach package).

2 door and 4 door obviously.

Soft and hard top obviously.

Bundle the modular bumper with the armor and make it an optional package.

Two special editions("Fully loaded" First Edition, and Badlands but with the swaybar disconnect, mid package, and sasquach standard). Give these versions special decals on the inside and out or something because for some odd reason some people like to advertise these things

Ditch the excess interior fabrics. This will cost Ford slightly more BOM for the equivalent of the lower trim, but they would make that back by having fewer things to track and stock

Have grab handles always match the color choice for the paint. Really this one is a no brainer; I'm shocked Ford didn't already figure that out.

Ford Bronco Ford should of not made so many bronco models tenor (47)

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Was just thinking with the current situation and all the parts shortages Ford should of just had a couple trims base black diamond outer banks and badlands wild track and big bend should of not been a possibility they just don’t seem to make sense. Plus with all the parts constraints seems like ford left themselves short handed with all the different models to make
I think the trims are fine, you can see they follow a distinct pattern.

base is fine as is

Big Bend and OBX give you your two street trims that capable off road but lean more towards comfort on the street, one with nice features and one that unlocks the high end options

Black Diamond and Badlands are for the hardcore offroader, with one geared towards more of just off roading and the other like OBX also allowing for high end options.

Wildtrack - Geared to the desert runner

first Edition should have just been fully loaded, 0 options other than color.

I think the poster below really nailed the problem

I think offering Sasquatch on all versions was over zealous too. They shot for the moon
Agree^ As awesome as it is that they offer sasquatch throughout the line up, I think business wise that was a mistake.

Thought the same: Base, Wild Track or OBX, and Badlands. Seems like that would have covered a lot of the field. Also, don't restrict the options for models. If an option is offered, then make available, even on the base. IMHO. Fun thought process.
Agree for the most part except for the base. The base is the base for a reason. It exists to advertise a low price, and for people who are going to rip everything off anyways.

Sponsored

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I like a stock look so I prefer manufacturer wheels over aftermarket. Ford really makes it hard to like some of the trims with their wheel selection. I’d really like to see all the optional wheels offered on all trims. A Big Bend with the optional badlands wheels would be right up my alley.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m glad they didn’t just stick with xl xlt lariat... altho I totally would drive an Eddie Bauer.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I like a stock look so I prefer manufacturer wheels over aftermarket. Ford really makes it hard to like some of the trims with their wheel selection. I’d really like to see all the optional wheels offered on all trims. A Big Bend with the optional badlands wheels would be right up my alley.
A Base with BB wheels and a locker would have been my choice.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford should HAVE kicked Webasto to the curb a long time ago.
Why? Do you think another supplier could have spun up the capacity for new tops as quickly in this environment? Like who?

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Why? Do you think another supplier could have spun up the capacity for new tops as quickly in this environment? Like who?
Agree, its not like there is an idle manufacturer ready to take this over more effectively. Lots of this going on in the country. My business has huge lead times, big price increases and material unavailability.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As others explained, no, it won't help to reduce trims. However it would be cool if there was only one or two trims but unlimited options so everyone could build exactly what they needed. I lucked into the perfect no compromise build but the majority didn't.

Deleted member 18388

I think offering Sasquatch on all versions was over zealous too. They shot for the moon
I disagree. I'm base guy. I don't want any of the added luxury options of the upper trims, but I DO want the off road capability of the sasquatch. I don't want a 12" screen and lane assist. But I do want the suspension of the squatch. Luxury and off road shouldn't be required to be paired together. The fact that you can basically build your Bronco how you want with trims and options is exactly how vehicles used to be. It's excellent.
Sponsored