Sponsored

Ford should offer FREE MIC headliners to cover up QC imperfections?

DoubleD

Base
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is anyone else wondering if the real reason Ford threw in the free sound defining headliner with every MIC top was to help cover up more imperfections/defects and get more MIC tops through QC check. After early reports from delivered tops I am beginning to believe this more and more every day.
Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeap. This is 100% my best guess as well. Ive seen several reviews mentioning exposed fibers and bubbles in the uncovered sections of the tops. My thought is giving away sticky carpet is a cheap way to fix the problem for Ford.

OP
OP

DoubleD

Base
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeap. This is 100% my best guess as well. Ive seen several reviews mentioning exposed fibers and bubbles in the uncovered sections of the tops. My thought is giving away sticky carpet is a cheap way to fix the problem for Ford.
Could not agree more

kencantrell

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry SE V6; Ford F250 crew cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Might be old news, but I emailed Hothead Headliners, and they confirmed they "are planning on making a headliner for the Bronco but we do not currently have any timelines." I'm considering opting out of the Ford liner on my BD, just to save the hassle of removing it down the road.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Might be old news, but I emailed Hothead Headliners, and they confirmed they "are planning on making a headliner for the Bronco but we do not currently have any timelines." I'm considering opting out of the Ford liner on my BD, just to save the hassle of removing it down the road.
And I'll guarantee the Hot Head will be better quality. I bought the Hot Head for my Wrangler hard top, and Mark does a great job. Fit, and finish was right on the nose.

Sponsored

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Absolutely, I also do not mind as long as it is cosmetic.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@kencantrell Do we have any idea what Ford uses to install their head liner? I was thinking, if they still install them for free I would let them install one in my OBX, and yank it out when Mark got his to market. I'm fairly sure Ford won't have sound deadening strips under the liner, and I know I can get those with the Hot Head. Those things work wonders.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

kencantrell

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry SE V6; Ford F250 crew cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@kencantrell Do we have any idea what Ford uses to install their head liner? I was thinking, if they still install them for free I would let them install one in my OBX, and yank it out when Mark got his to market.
Not sure what they use; no inside knowledge here, just thinking: Industrial adhesive across a surface that large might be no fun to remove. Anyone have insight on this?

Also, other posts confirm that is just sound deadening with little/no insulation properties.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is it also just sticky carpet?

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is anyone else wondering if the real reason Ford threw in the free sound defining headliner with every MIC top was to help cover up more imperfections/defects and get more MIC tops through QC check. After early reports from delivered tops I am beginning to believe this more and more every day.
I'm not wondering, because I suspected as much and wrote this back in March, the day after the "free" fabric announcement: "Based on already reported issues manufacturing the hardtop, and Ford stating appearance as a benefit of the fabric in their announcement, I suspect the fabric will cover up areas of the hardtop underside that might not always be up to quality appearance standards. "
Sponsored