Sponsored

Ford should offer this for the lovely Bronco.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Funny on the flipside I've seen people saying they should have offered the Sport with removable top and doors. LOL
Sponsored

bobbleheadguru

Base
First Name
Farris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Average family may walk into a dealership wanting a Bronco, but then walk out with a Bronco Sport, because it ticks all of the boxes, is "dirt road capable" (which is as far as they would go anyways) and is more practical.

4 door v. 4 door with Auto comparison... the price difference is significant and for most people, 90% of the time, the Bronco Sport will be a nicer ride quality than the Bronco.

However, people in this forum are NOT average...

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m not so sure Iā€™d buy the Bronco without the removable top and doors... itā€™s an open air feel that I miss about my motorcycle..

If u had it ā€œfixedā€ then it wouldnā€™t be any different than any other SUV out there

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜88 911,ā€˜15 Chevy 2500, ā€˜24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

mismith

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜16 Jeep JKU, 1992 Jeep YJ, ā€˜71 F100, ā€˜02 F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A fixed roof Bronco....pppppfffffftttt!! WOW!

That would be as desirable as a fixed roof Wrangler, CJ, TJ, YJ etc. What would be the point?!

The removable roof IS the Bronco and IS the Jeep!

For me, I wouldnā€™t give either vehicle a second look without them.

As others have said, this vehicle probably isnā€™t for you.

Sponsored

pat86323

Badlands
First Name
Patric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco xlt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will very likely never remove anything, but its not a bronco without a removable top!

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you had made the statement that Ford should offer a solid body alternative to the Expedition in the Bronco family it would have made more sense.

For you to posit that Ford should be trying to turn the rudder on an already sunk-cost engineered vehicle this close to production into something else, meet all government standards, crash testing, and reengineering and then some how arrive at the harebrained conclusion that it should be cheaper after doing so... let alone ignore the fact that one of the things that has always defined the Bronco is the removable top; I can see why there are not many fans of your statement.

People care more about the potentiality of a thing than they do actually doing that thing. It's why your average watch has a 200M water resistance, your phone is more powerful and has more RAM than some laptops, or your Omega Seamaster a Helium escape valve, the Wrangler still has a fold down windshield despite no-one ever having done it, or your TV has more pixels than some eyes can even see. Salesmen showing capabilities that not everyone will use but people can envision themselves doing is marketing 101.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yes! Along with fixed body panels, they could maybe round it out a little bit for reduced wind noise and better fuel economy as well. A Bronco for the grocery/school run would be sweet. Quiet, comfortable...I can picture it now...

Ford Bronco Ford should offer this for the lovely Bronco. Screenshot_20200831-140736_Gallery

OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you had made the statement that Ford should offer a solid body alternative to the Expedition in the Bronco family it would have made more sense.

For you to posit that Ford should be trying to turn the rudder on an already sunk-cost engineered vehicle this close to production into something else, meet all government standards, crash testing, and reengineering and then some how arrive at the harebrained conclusion that it should be cheaper after doing so... let alone ignore the fact that one of the things that has always defined the Bronco is the removable top; I can see why there are not many fans of your statement.

People care more about the potentiality of a thing than they do actually doing that thing. It's why your average watch has a 200M water resistance, your phone is more powerful and has more RAM than some laptops, or your Omega Seamaster a Helium escape valve, the Wrangler still has a fold down windshield despite no-one ever having done it, or your TV has more pixels than some eyes can even see. Salesmen showing capabilities that not everyone will use but people can envision themselves doing is marketing 101.
Did you bother reading the entire post or just feel like venting about something that happened at work today? :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored
OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Precisely!
And the point is not to offer only a fixed roof Bronco, but to have the option of such a variation in addition to the regular Bronco.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

giphy.gif