Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Talk about a family company, I was most impressed by this:

"While Kentucky has had serious delays getting unemployment benefits out the door, Dunn said the company will help ease the process by providing lists of affected workers to the state so claims are more easily approved."

Looking out for their employees. Loyalty goes both ways...

Deleted member 3063

Talk about a family company, I was most impressed by this:
"While Kentucky has had serious delays getting unemployment benefits out the door, Dunn said the company will help ease the process by providing lists of affected workers to the state so claims are more easily approved."
Looking out for their employees. Loyalty goes both ways...
Ford has always sent those layoff lists. I guess I thought it was the law, go figure.
Working in maintenance for many years I was hardly ever laid of, rats.

SharpGT500

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 74, 78, 80, 84 II XLS. Current: 1974
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, I work there. It's a semi-conductor shortage that's shutting us down. We're told it will be effecting the big three and it might be longer than one week. Other Ford plants might be effected the following week. It's a day by day thing so we'll have to wait and see.

BenBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 and 2020 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is a big warning buried in the article. “Covid(-19) hitting the shipping ports and material isn’t getting unloaded fast enough to get it transported to us.”

The port in Long Beach California is stretched beyond capacity and there is a big shortage of shipping containers. This is not going away anytime soon. It will have a big impact on lead time for finished parts and raw materials. There is a knot in the U.S. supply chain that, in my opinion, will end up creating future delays in automotive manufacturing (including our Broncos).

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Sponsored
OP
OP
Daytona_Bronco

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There is a big warning buried in the article. “Covid(-19) hitting the shipping ports and material isn’t getting unloaded fast enough to get it transported to us.”

The port in Long Beach California is stretched beyond capacity and there is a big shortage of shipping containers. This is not going away anytime soon. It will have a big impact on lead time for finished parts and raw materials. There is a knot in the U.S. supply chain that, in my opinion, will end up creating future delays in automotive manufacturing (including our Broncos).
Agreed .... there is a shortage of materials and difficulties in getting them to the consumer ... delays may be inevitable...

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The big warning is that these delays have been going on for a while.

My town has a large RV plant that builds on Ford Transits. They've shut down for a week or so at a time a few times since April due to lack of chassis to build on and parts to install.

Nothing new.

Shutdowns like these happened before covid as well.

Just roll with the delays.... Not much we can do.

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's also a parts shortage for the Bronco Sport (built in Mexico). Certain builds are being delayed/put on hold and the system won't accept new orders for builds with add-on packages.

I've been trying to order a Badlands Sport with the optional Badlands package (leather, heated seats, a moonroof, and some pretty basic tech) for 3 weeks and FINALLY this week dealers are getting answers about commodity issues.

So frustrating. I get that there will be commodity shortages right now. But at least be open and honest with your customers, or at the very least your dealers.
Sponsored