Sponsored

Ford Signals Bronco For Europe With New Trademark Application?

Administrator

Heritage
Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Ford has recently filed a Bronco trademark with the European Union Intellectual Property Office - on October 31. This may be a sign that Ford will be (or is considering) bringing the Bronco to the European market.
Sponsored

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not surprising since Ford is a global manufacturer. I remember when the Mustang was being introduced in Germany - and it was a very big event. Ford needs to make money wherever it can.

COLOGNE, Germany, April 17, 2018
– Global demand for the new 2018 Ford Mustang has driven Mustang to its third straight year as the best-selling sports coupe in the world.

Global Mustang registrations in 2017 totalled 125,809 cars, according to Ford analysis of the most recent new light vehicle registration data from IHS Markit. This data – compiled from government and other sources and capturing 95 per cent of global new vehicle volumes in more than 80 countries – puts Mustang ahead of all other sports coupe competitors worldwide.

“The world is falling in love with Mustang,” says Erich Merkle, Ford sales analyst. “Mustang represents the best of American design, performance and freedom, with an unmistakable personality that’s appeals – regardless of your post code.”

Of the nearly 126,000 vehicles registered worldwide, Ford reported 81,866 of those were registered in the United States where Mustang is manufactured, meaning just over one-third of all Mustang registrations are occurring in export markets.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Goodbye to something awesome. Going to have to comply with ‘EU (sub)standards’
Not necessarily my man.

mustang hasn’t suffered from being a global vehicle.

To me it just adds to the longevity and increases the motivation for companies to create aftermarket parts. The more sold the better for us all

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
More reason for Ford to develop some diesel options for the Bronco.

The 2L used for the Ranger Raptor seems likely, but the 3L v6 would be more appealing.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
More reason for Ford to develop some diesel options for the Bronco.

The 2L used for the Ranger Raptor seems likely, but the 3L v6 would be more appealing.
I know it likely will never happen, if Chevy and Ford ever merged I would fucking LOVE a Bronco with the new I6 duramax. That would be SWEET.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Given the cost of gas/operating expenses in Europe, is most likely going to be the Baby Bronco in Europe. Everything is pointing to the Ranger based Bronco being a NA only product, since the Everest exists in other markets.