Sponsored

Ford Skid Plate experience - How Heavy Duty?

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
So, for the versions that come with skid plates, for those of you with experience with other Ford vehicles, how heavy duty are the Ford heavy duty skid plates? I only have experience with Toyota plates from the factory, which were pretty worthless tin and had to be replaced for any protection with BudBuilt or similar aftermarket plates. Does Ford actually use thick plates that offer real protection on its other vehicles, or will those need to be replaced for rock work?
Sponsored

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Jeep JKU, '19 Ranger FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So, for the versions that come with skid plates, for those of you with experience with other Ford vehicles, how heavy duty are the Ford heavy duty skid plates? I only have experience with Toyota plates from the factory, which were pretty worthless tin and had to be replaced for any protection with BudBuilt or similar aftermarket plates. Does Ford actually use thick plates that offer real protection on its other vehicles, or will those need to be replaced for rock work?

The bash and skid plates on my '19 Ranger FX4 work really well. They have saved my butt a few times.

Massbronco

Badlands
First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The skid plates on the expedition FX4 are pretty substantial and are placed to offer the right amount of protection.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Bronco R plate scraped off mid-race. As I recall they pulled a 'STOP' sign from a resi street & adapted it. Hopefully, they've upgraded materials.
Sponsored