First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-Door, Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone heard if Ford has redesigned the factory soft top to address the issues mentioned in numerous posts about not sealing or keeping out the weather. I ordered a hard top, but also would like a soft top for mountain trips.

I'm not a fan of how the Best top does not fold completely behind the rear rollbar. It looks like it will snag on everything.
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have not seen any news about a potential redesign and wouldn't expect one anytime soon.

I also don't have any issues with my soft top.

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1934 Ford Roadster Pickup, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My softie functions perfectly from the factory. At least it did, haven’t driven it in a month……😭

That said, maybe a safari top and tonneau combo would work for you? More open but some weather protection.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No news on a redesign. And not even sure how they would accomplish it with the way the Bronco cage is designed and the way it latches/retracts.

My soft top does fine in keeping the elements out, no issues at the hand-use car wash.
I've run it in 30 degree weather with no heat needed other than the nuclear furnace seat heaters.
I've run it in 19 degrees with heat no problem, in the windy snow, and in rain. All no issue.

Sure, I can fit my whole hand through the seal above the rear doors, but it is normal and although not a great design, it performs the function it was designed to do.

I do wish it sealed better for some wind noise, but is surprisingly quiet as it is considering the rubber just kind of sits there under the weight of the top and the downforce of the air.

I went into this feeling like the ST was a gap-filler until I went with a hard top. Now I'm just fine not dealing with the nuances that come with HT removal and storage.

I like the Bestop look better, but not when retracted and sitting on top of the rear cage like it does. Looks great in safari mode.

OP
OP
rcloke0124

rcloke0124

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have not seen any news about a potential redesign and wouldn't expect one anytime soon.

I also don't have any issues with my soft top.
Does your soft top have gaps at the roof line that would allow the weather into the cab?

Sponsored
OP
OP
rcloke0124

rcloke0124

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No news on a redesign. And not even sure how they would accomplish it with the way the Bronco cage is designed and the way it latches/retracts.

My soft top does fine in keeping the elements out, no issues at the hand-use car wash.
I've run it in 30 degree weather with no heat needed other than the nuclear furnace seat heaters.
I've run it in 19 degrees with heat no problem, in the windy snow, and in rain. All no issue.

Sure, I can fit my whole hand through the seal above the rear doors, but it is normal and although not a great design, it performs the function it was designed to do.

I do wish it sealed better for some wind noise, but is surprisingly quiet as it is considering the rubber just kind of sits there under the weight of the top and the downforce of the air.

I went into this feeling like the ST was a gap-filler until I went with a hard top. Now I'm just fine not dealing with the nuances that come with HT removal and storage.

I like the Bestop look better, but not when retracted and sitting on top of the rear cage like it does. Looks great in safari mode.
Thank you, great review.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does your soft top have gaps at the roof line that would allow the weather into the cab?
There are no visible gaps and its not like the window is going to blow them open. You can stick your hand through where the soft top meets the roll bar but you are going to have to force it through. I would suggest you go find one on a dealer lot and take it for a test drive.

no heat needed other than the nuclear furnace seat heaters
I can confirm that this is indeed accurate. The center of the seats get very hot and you have to turn it down to the lowest setting before the edges of the seats even warm up and are still cold to the touch.

iwantabasebronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For what it’s worth I took mine through its first car wash (touch free) the other day and had no problems. I feel like that’s worse than most rain storms I’ll drive in…

iwantabasebronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

ditto your post.

Base model, v6— had 15 degrees the other day and no problem staying warm with fan speed on only 3 notches in defrost/feet only. Once it’s up to temp inside, it stays there.

EndlessAdvnture

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Autobahn GTI
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is the thread I have been looking for. I just got my OBX last week. I am brand new to Soft Tops. I get the front half of the ST has a "gap" like you said up above but I feel like the back windows have a gap. I mean I feel like there is wind or the car passing is in the car when it goes past. I have checked the seals and they seem correct and it is raining and snowing here in N. IL and nothing gets in but is this just normal for soft tops? When I pull into my garage I get that not sealed rumble sound in the cabin. Does any of this make sense?

Again, new to ST so didn't really know what to expect. It is not as loud as I thought it would be.

Sponsored

Cartman3132

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is the thread I have been looking for. I just got my OBX last week. I am brand new to Soft Tops. I get the front half of the ST has a "gap" like you said up above but I feel like the back windows have a gap. I mean I feel like there is wind or the car passing is in the car when it goes past. I have checked the seals and they seem correct and it is raining and snowing here in N. IL and nothing gets in but is this just normal for soft tops? When I pull into my garage I get that not sealed rumble sound in the cabin. Does any of this make sense?

Again, new to ST so didn't really know what to expect. It is not as loud as I thought it would be.
I'm new to the ST vehicle myself, I'm going with if I'm not getting wet we're good. Might be a low bar but I figure if the top folds back the seals not going to be perfect so I'm expecting noise.

EndlessAdvnture

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Autobahn GTI
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm new to the ST vehicle myself, I'm going with if I'm not getting wet we're good. Might be a low bar but I figure if the top folds back the seals not going to be perfect so I'm expecting noise.
I agree if I am dry and warm than we must be okay. I was expecting noise but it is just caused me to look behind to see if there are gaps in the back windows. There are not so I guess I am good.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Try checking the mid-point latches above the b-pillar and make sure they are engaged on both sides. To do so you will have to open the front latches and flip the soft top back. Walk around to both sides and firmly pull down on the soft top above the b-pillar. The first few times I opened my soft top I would only close it from the driver side and it would not be enough to engage the passenger side mid-point latch.
Sponsored