First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Explorer and 87 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Been lurking awhile saw some talk of these subjects but not quite finding answers so apologies if I am redundant.

First question, I know people were getting build date/VIN emails at one point, but all I seem to be hearing is changes in build dates and related follow up, but not much news of such emails being received more recently.

So is Ford still sending out build date emails as reservations are scheduled for build? Or has there been some sort of pause in this?

Also out of curiosity, anyone have any idea what the latest reservation date that has gotten a build date? I know of someone with a 7/19 reservation getting such. I figure my 7/22 reservation (if it hasn't gotten messed up) is behind quite a few earlier reservations.

The other question, since I am one of those who's online reservation shows different than my actual order, and am told that is only an online problem, has anyone with such a mismatch gotten a build date and have it come out correct? (or wrong for that matter).

I have a7/22 reservation for 2 door black diamond. The MIC top and trailer tow package seem to be the known things that are commodity (spell check changed to comedy which may be more apt) issues.
Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yes build emails are still going out. There should be some this Thursday. They were delayed to give people with 4 doors time to swap to a soft top if they want their bronco built. They’re having pretty big issues with 2 door hard tops right now so not many might be built this year.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Reservation dates seem to mean nothing now. Supply allocation is everything. We've had reservations in March and April get build dates.

OP
OP

ab_slack

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes build emails are still going out. There should be some this Thursday. They were delayed to give people with 4 doors time to swap to a soft top if they want their bronco built. They’re having pretty big issues with 2 door hard tops right now so not many might be built this year.
Thanks, I've seen some of that. Seen facility shutdown, everything to give one confidence.

OP
OP

ab_slack

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Reservation dates seem to mean nothing now. Supply allocation is everything. We've had reservations in March and April get build dates.
Wow, I expected some exceptions that that is exceptional. I still hope it carries some weight but with some of the games that appear to be going on, I have no idea.

I worry as I had a change. The dealer first said absolutely no changes once orders and I ended up with a Big Bend then though I reserved a Black Diamond cause the dealer didn't have my reservation info and I couldn't remember why I picked certain choices. Then Ford with their March email about including sound deadening headliner said changes could be made so I made a change to the black diamond before the new deadline, but the dealer messed up the entry and had to fix it, so the final "order date" with that fix fell after the deadline and is now after the price protected order date.

I really don't need this crap to drag out. When I ordered it over a year ago a new vehicle wasn't really needed but that has changed. Now I am faced with having to find something for some unknown period of time.

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wow, I expected some exceptions that that is exceptional. I still hope it carries some weight but with some of the games that appear to be going on, I have no idea.

I worry as I had a change. The dealer first said absolutely no changes once orders and I ended up with a Big Bend then though I reserved a Black Diamond cause the dealer didn't have my reservation info and I couldn't remember why I picked certain choices. Then Ford with their March email about including sound deadening headliner said changes could be made so I made a change to the black diamond before the new deadline, but the dealer messed up the entry and had to fix it, so the final "order date" with that fix fell after the deadline and is now after the price protected order date.

I really don't need this crap to drag out. When I ordered it over a year ago a new vehicle wasn't really needed but that has changed. Now I am faced with having to find something for some unknown period of time.
You can change until you get your Vin.

OP
OP

ab_slack

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If dealer says otherwise, I believe you can still move your Reservation to another dealer - no problem - maybe try Granger -
How would one go about changing dealer? I was told by Ford it wasn't possible.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How would one go about changing dealer? I was told by Ford it wasn't possible.
You can’t change dealers after you place an order.
Sponsored