Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Why Ford Stock Is Up Big Today
An improving economy -- just in time for a new F-150 and Bronco -- is pushing shares higher.

What happened

Shares of Ford Motor Company (NYSE:F) were moving higher on Friday, amid a broad-based market rally following the release of better-than-expected May employment figures. The figures add to other signs that the economy might be starting to recover -- just in time for several important new-product launches from Ford.
As of 1:45 p.m. EDT, Ford's shares were up about 13.8% from Thursday's closing price.
So what
Before the market opened on Friday, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that total confirmed payroll employment rose by 2.5 million in May and that the unemployment rate fell to 13.3%. Both figures were significantly better than expected, and taken together, they suggest that the worst of the coronavirus-induced recession might be in the past.
m%2Feditorial%2Fimages%2F577515%2F20_ford_f150-red.jpg

Ford's F-150 was losing ground to newer rivals before the outbreak of COVID-19. But Ford has an all-new F-150 on the way that might just arrive at the perfect time. Image source: Ford Motor Company.
Auto investors shouldn't have too much trouble figuring out why that's good news for Ford. The Blue Oval's stock has been hammered this year, as investors feared that lost revenue from factory closures would put Ford in a deep financial hole. But while the economy is still in rough shape, current indications suggest that the disruption won't be as bad as investors had feared.
That's especially good news for automakers, as auto sales tend to jump early in economic recoveries. And it's good news for Ford in particular, because Ford has several new products on the way, including an all-new iteration of its huge-selling F-150 pickup by the end of this year and the much-anticipated Bronco SUV early in 2021.
Put another way, the company's new-product cycle might turn out to be especially well timed, driving some market-share growth later in the year and into 2021.

Now what
Autos are a complicated business, but there's a simple rule of thumb: New products drive profits. That's why investors' eyes will be on Ford on the evening of June 25, when the company takes the wraps off the new F-150 in an online event. As for the new Bronco, Ford confirmed this week that it'll be revealed in a separate online event next month.
Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why Ford Stock Is Up Big Today
An improving economy -- just in time for a new F-150 and Bronco -- is pushing shares higher.

What happened

Shares of Ford Motor Company (NYSE:F) were moving higher on Friday, amid a broad-based market rally following the release of better-than-expected May employment figures. The figures add to other signs that the economy might be starting to recover -- just in time for several important new-product launches from Ford.
As of 1:45 p.m. EDT, Ford's shares were up about 13.8% from Thursday's closing price.
So what
Before the market opened on Friday, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that total confirmed payroll employment rose by 2.5 million in May and that the unemployment rate fell to 13.3%. Both figures were significantly better than expected, and taken together, they suggest that the worst of the coronavirus-induced recession might be in the past.
Ford Bronco Ford Stock Is Up Big Today m%2Feditorial%2Fimages%2F577515%2F20_ford_f150-red

Ford's F-150 was losing ground to newer rivals before the outbreak of COVID-19. But Ford has an all-new F-150 on the way that might just arrive at the perfect time. Image source: Ford Motor Company.
Auto investors shouldn't have too much trouble figuring out why that's good news for Ford. The Blue Oval's stock has been hammered this year, as investors feared that lost revenue from factory closures would put Ford in a deep financial hole. But while the economy is still in rough shape, current indications suggest that the disruption won't be as bad as investors had feared.
That's especially good news for automakers, as auto sales tend to jump early in economic recoveries. And it's good news for Ford in particular, because Ford has several new products on the way, including an all-new iteration of its huge-selling F-150 pickup by the end of this year and the much-anticipated Bronco SUV early in 2021.
Put another way, the company's new-product cycle might turn out to be especially well timed, driving some market-share growth later in the year and into 2021.

Now what
Autos are a complicated business, but there's a simple rule of thumb: New products drive profits. That's why investors' eyes will be on Ford on the evening of June 25, when the company takes the wraps off the new F-150 in an online event. As for the new Bronco, Ford confirmed this week that it'll be revealed in a separate online event next month.
Everyone was freaking out for NO REASON LAST YEAR!
Ford fans new Fords entire lineup was going threw a rebranding over the next 4 years. That’s why sales were down. That’s why the vehicles were boring and stale.

new explorer and Escape were up almost 12% pre Covid. Yes the economy is going to push those numbers down BUT

A FULL new lineup of vehicles is definitely going to boost sales.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Got me a small chunk of change in last night. Bought 68 shares of Ford. Also some of my favorite fords were 68s. But I got $500 in last night and will contribute $50 each month for the forseeable future. So come on everyone buy a Bronco and make me rich!

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It was a better than expected unemployment report. Many stocks were up. It might dip back again, or might not, hard to say. But generally I don't buy after a short term rally. I bought earlier when F was under $5 a share.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have been talking about buying for about 2 months now but just didn't have the money. The company I work for is shut down till tourists come back to the island and I have been on unemployment. I have been putting away money to last the mortgage until January. But we reached that goal. So then it was time to buy, too bad I missed out on about $300 waiting.

GOAT

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

F Stock is having another good day and still climbing.

It looks good for anyone holding F if they recently invested to get X Plan

Mountain Goat

Black Diamond
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 BMW 325i, '17 VW Alltrack, '20 Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
F Stock is having another good day and still climbing.

It looks good for anyone holding F if they recently invested to get X Plan
Up 11% in 8 days. Now let's hope the actual manufacturing & delivery logistics goes smoothly in spite of Covid-19, and that sales aren't too badly impacted, for the sake of continued share price growth.

Now to be clear, I care a lot more about the vehicle turning out to meet all my wants, needs, and expectations than I do about whether my $600 of Ford stock ($700+ as of today) turns into $300 or $900. This was just a fun gamble in the meantime with a guaranteed benefit via qualifying for X-Plan pricing.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Up 11% in 8 days. Now let's hope the actual manufacturing & delivery logistics goes smoothly in spite of Covid-19, and that sales aren't too badly impacted, for the sake of continued share price growth.

Now to be clear, I care a lot more about the vehicle turning out to meet all my wants, needs, and expectations than I do about whether my $600 of Ford stock ($700+ as of today) turns into $300 or $900. This was just a fun gamble in the meantime with a guaranteed benefit via qualifying for X-Plan pricing.
I agree. I bought 100 shares...but now wished I had bought a few thousand, since it’s up 9% since I bought. Maybe I’ll buy a few more.
Sponsored