Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Via sister-site F150gen14.com

LINK: https://www.f150gen14.com/2022/01/0...s-no-resale-provisions-in-purchase-contracts/

"These actions are perceived as threatening customers by withholding their opportunity to convert reservations to orders," Frick wrote.​
He went on to reference a section of the Sales and Service agreement that says Ford Dealers "shall avoid in every way any 'bait,' deceptive, misleading, confusing or illegal advertising or business practices," and said any outlet found in violation may lose their entire allocation of trucks for the year.​

No it does not help Bronco Reservation Holders but it does show that Ford sees a problem. The problem I see is I don't see any teeth here and plenty of work arounds.
Sponsored

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good. We all know 2/3 of the lightning reservations were for scalpers who learned from the Bronco debacle.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was at my dealership this morning for warranty work on my wife's Escape. Also asked the sales manager about adding Mid package to my order--my Bronco has taken so long that I was able to save up some extra cash.

I got talking to the sales staff about the F-150 Lightning and the Bronco reservation system, and he mentioned this letter they got from Ford. The regional dealer rep also sent out a similar warning a few months ago to dealers in our area regarding the Bronco.

It sounds like Ford is starting to notice that not everyone within their dealer network are reputable business. Very encouraging. Although I suspect at this point the contracts have already been signed and there isn't a whole lot Ford can do about it. Probably won't help us now, but hopefully it'll help someone else in the future.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I ordered my Lightning as part of the “first wave” yesterday, confirmed the order with my dealer today.

I doubt Ford will do anything to punish the ADM and unscrupulous dealers, but they are looking to put a stop to people flipping their ordered trucks for profit.

Image credit to https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/âš -ford-warns-dealers-against-additional-deposit-reservation-requirements-for-lightning-orders-supports-no-resale-provisions-in-purchase-contracts.7961/page-3
7B5F9DB5-CABD-4FA5-85CF-DE3A4A001D3A.jpeg
Now see, that kind of pisses me off. Ford allows dealers to treat Bronco customers like shit without any repercussions But, for the Lightening customers it's a no-no. Can this fiasco get any worse?

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't know how to feel about Ford's heavy hand towards dealers protecting the F-150, but nothing for protecting the Bronco from the same experience.

Seems mismanaged and short sighted. If Ford came through with the same message for the Bronco, and soon, then I'll "believe" their intentions.

Sponsored

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Now see, that kind of pisses me off. Ford allows dealers to treat Bronco customers like shit without any repercussions But, for the Lightening customers it's a no-no. Can this fiasco get any worse?
broncos done. reservations are closed, orders needed to be placed. if dealers were going to charge incremental deposits, they've already done so.

as for reselling, Id say thats passed, The only ones getting over market are the dealers at this point, if your reselling the bronco, you're not going to make your sales tax back.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everyone complaining that this transfers the ADM from both scalpers and dealers to just dealers are short sighted. Sure this will screw one launch and give all the extra money to dealers because scalpers won't pickup their orders, but for the next launch everyone knows scalping is restricted and don't place 2, 3, or 4 reservations, thus actual customer reservations get built. How awesome would it be if Ford really enforced this by allowing dealers to make the warranty non-transferrable for vehicles scalped within 1 year? One could dream. I'm so sick of hearing on this forum "my 2nd bronco has been shipped and I already have a carmax quote for my 1st" it's disgraceful for us enthusiasts who don't have so much as a peep from Ford about a build date.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Via sister-site F150gen14.com

LINK: https://www.f150gen14.com/2022/01/0...s-no-resale-provisions-in-purchase-contracts/

"These actions are perceived as threatening customers by withholding their opportunity to convert reservations to orders," Frick wrote.​
He went on to reference a section of the Sales and Service agreement that says Ford Dealers "shall avoid in every way any 'bait,' deceptive, misleading, confusing or illegal advertising or business practices," and said any outlet found in violation may lose their entire allocation of trucks for the year.​

No it does not help Bronco Reservation Holders but it does show that Ford sees a problem. The problem I see is I don't see any teeth here and plenty of work arounds.
Lets send Ford the bad dealer list.
If the Ford reservation system fails for electric cars/trucks then they are truly doomed. totally agree though.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

interesting.... so theres an existing clause in the S&S agreement, but Ford decided to water it down or not enforce for the Bronco, but yet now its back on the table for the the F150 Lightning, sounds like PC lip service. Second, even more interesting Ford is applying what they did for the 2015 Ford GT program only setting it to 1 year instead of 2 for a freaking truck lol.

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The big news on Lightning is that MSRP=Invoice and you only get all 10% in holdback if you meet all the Ford standards for EV sales. It’ll be interesting if they apply this to Bronco and Mach E.
Sponsored