Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Via sister-site F150gen14.com

LINK: https://www.f150gen14.com/2022/01/0...s-no-resale-provisions-in-purchase-contracts/

"These actions are perceived as threatening customers by withholding their opportunity to convert reservations to orders," Frick wrote.​
He went on to reference a section of the Sales and Service agreement that says Ford Dealers "shall avoid in every way any 'bait,' deceptive, misleading, confusing or illegal advertising or business practices," and said any outlet found in violation may lose their entire allocation of trucks for the year.​

No it does not help Bronco Reservation Holders but it does show that Ford sees a problem. The problem I see is I don't see any teeth here and plenty of work arounds.
and article has nothing to do with ADM's other than it states that FORD doesn't address ADM's in the letter referenced
Sponsored

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford did several things different with the Lightning orders to combat ADM as well as control orders. With Bronco's any of the 200,000 reservation holders could submit an order starting January 2021.
With the Lightning you could only submit an order if you were selected in an ordering wave. Ford is insuring that they won't have more 2022 Lightning orders than trucks they can build. This means of 200,000 Lightning reservations only 12,000 or so reservation holders have been able to submit 2022 orders.

I'm not sure that Ford could retroactively apply these same anti-ADM measures (below) to Bronco orders but it sure would be nice if they could.

Here is how Ford helps combat the ADM issue with the Lightning
- If the dealer wants to add an ADM, they have to make that ADM known up front before the order is placed (this is done online and 100% transparent to the reservation holder).
- If the dealer decides to charge an ADM, Ford is allowing reservation holders that have been invited to order the option to move their reservation and order to a different dealer. ADM dealer loses that Lightning allocation immediately and Dealer #2 picks up a Lightning order without impacting their existing allocation.
- 2022 Lightning allocations are extremely rare (only 12,000 plus 3,000 dealer mannequins) so the average Ford EV dealer will get about 6 Lightnings for 2022.) My dealer only gets their Mannequin unit and my order (two units) for 2022.
- Some dealers have tried to add an ADM after the Order was placed and when a customer has complained to Ford that ADM has been rescinded.
- As noted in earlier posts, Ford has give the dealers the ability to include a 1 year no-resale clause in the Lightning sale to combat flippers.

When you place your Lightning order it looks like this on-line: Highlighted spot is where the dealer ADM would pop-up. This also serves as a binding purchase order price for the reservation/order holder.
Ford Bronco Ford Stops ADM on Ford Lightning why not Bronco 1650210444016

Ford Bronco Ford Stops ADM on Ford Lightning why not Bronco 1650210327048

Last edited:

Cooldude

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes e400 cab, edge titanium, ford f150
Your Bronco Model