First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m not planning to flip the Lightning, but I am skeptical (but hopeful) that it will actually work for my needs. If the vehicle doesn’t work out for me and I want to sell it and move on this no sale agreement BS could prevent me from doing so. I’m spending $46K on an experimental vehicle, not sure I want to be stuck paying for it for a year if it doesn’t work out. I’m sure they’d be happy to allow me to sell it back to the dealership for a significant loss though.
Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The big news on Lightning is that MSRP=Invoice and you only get all 10% in holdback if you meet all the Ford standards for EV sales. It’ll be interesting if they apply this to Bronco and Mach E.
Ford knows that EV is their future and the Mach E dealer shenanigans angered many customers. They need to do the thing to keep the dealers in check.

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like it or not the EV market is what is driving stock prices right now. I am sure Ford is focusing a lot of energy in that market and realizes they need to protect their efforts. If what happened to the Bronco and Maverick future owners happens to the Lightning owners, they will loose a ton of momentum with the EV crowd. It is unfortunate the message was not cast across all platforms.

Rivian stock skids as legacy automakers rev up EV targets | Reuters

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Bronco reservation program was the beta test. I take it as a positive that Ford is learning from the experience, though.

A lot of the mistakes they made with the Bronco system can't really be undone.

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford knows that EV is their future and the Mach E dealer shenanigans angered many customers. They need to do the thing to keep the dealers in check.
The Mach E and Lightning are overwhelmingly conquest sales. Those people are much less interested in dealers than even Bronco buyers.

Sponsored

CSX7034

Badlands
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Gt3RS, 289FIA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The bad PR on their show pony electric vehicle mark ups would get much more traction than the bronco. The Lightning is the vehicle that shows Ford is truly committed to electric vehicles.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is one thing to say another to do.

Recent history shows a lack of desire on the follow thru about anything...from their own deadlines to policy inforcement on everyone.

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Bronco reservation program was the beta test. I take it as a positive that Ford is learning from the experience, though.
Exactly. I have no doubt that the fury of the Bronco customer base and the publicity on huge ADMs played a part in causing Ford to make these statements publicly.

Don't know how to feel about Ford's heavy hand towards dealers protecting the F-150, but nothing for protecting the Bronco from the same experience.

Seems mismanaged and short sighted. If Ford came through with the same message for the Bronco, and soon, then I'll "believe" their intentions.
These dealer requirements apply to Bronco reservations too. Just because Ford hasn't made a public statement doesn't mean they aren't applying the clause..... I would bet that this is how Levine has been helping those who reach out to him.

This gives me a more peaceful feeling about my reservation.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Via sister-site F150gen14.com

LINK: https://www.f150gen14.com/2022/01/0...s-no-resale-provisions-in-purchase-contracts/

"These actions are perceived as threatening customers by withholding their opportunity to convert reservations to orders," Frick wrote.​
He went on to reference a section of the Sales and Service agreement that says Ford Dealers "shall avoid in every way any 'bait,' deceptive, misleading, confusing or illegal advertising or business practices," and said any outlet found in violation may lose their entire allocation of trucks for the year.​

No it does not help Bronco Reservation Holders but it does show that Ford sees a problem. The problem I see is I don't see any teeth here and plenty of work arounds.
Actually, according to the Electrek version of this story, Ford is not directly attacking Admin markups, but other Dealer practices, like additional down payments, that make it harder for the reservation holder to convert his or her reservation and them make the final purchase. But the Teslarati site interprets slightly differently: https://www.teslarati.com/ford-f150-lightning-no-markups-dealerships/

Sponsored
OP
OP
IfIHMadeA2021Scout

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Actually, according to the Electrek version of this story, Ford is not directly attacking Admin markups, but other Dealer practices, like additional down payments, that make it harder for the reservation holder to convert his or her reservation and them make the final purchase. But the Teslarati site interprets slightly differently: https://www.teslarati.com/ford-f150-lightning-no-markups-dealerships/
Agreed, there are different versions of the story. I can't and will not take credit for the bad subject of this thread.

The Bronco6G mod nazis modified my post beyond its original meaning. They changed the story I linked to and the title to the thread to link to one of their sister web pages. I originally included a link to a Fox News story which is apparently a no no.

No politics. No violation of rules. They just knew better.

Maybe the article you saw was closer to the message I got from the Fox News article.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Agreed, there are different versions of the story. I can't and will not take credit for the bad subject of this thread.

The Bronco6G mod nazis modified my post beyond its original meaning. They changed the story I linked to and the title to the thread to link to one of their sister web pages. I originally included a link to a Fox News story which is apparently a no no.

No politics. No violation of rules. They just knew better.

Maybe the article you saw was closer to the message I got from the Fox News article.
Well, at least you tried! And maybe Ford is realizing that if they want to switch to an online ordering model, their dealers are going to have to behave and not overcharge when the orders come in to the dealer! And I wasn't trying to be critical of you I just was trying to sort out the multi-layered meaning of this action by Ford! Thanks for posting.

Im sending a message re Scout

BobT

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What about our Broncos?

Bronco cat