Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Now see, that kind of pisses me off. Ford allows dealers to treat Bronco customers like shit without any repercussions But, for the Lightening customers it's a no-no. Can this fiasco get any worse?
I believe that a rule is a rule.
It would be really easy to fog this up to include every model.

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The "no scalping" language is purely dealer protection; I think it's something Ford is throwing in there as a trade-off for dealers not putting huge ADM on the cars. Scalping inflating prices (rather than limited supply) in the market is a nothingburger, and I think dealers were just using it as a negotiation tactic to either (i) to charge more in ADM or (ii) to slap a no-sale clause in the purchase agreement. It all stems from the OUTRAGEOUS idea that dealers might have to actually honor a "below market" price they originally agreed to months prior. Basically: if they can't make $25k off a sale, then NO ONE should be able to!

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I believe that a rule is a rule.
It would be really easy to fog this up to include every model.
It would Bob. But, I'll bet the farm that Ford will not include the Bronco. These stupid high ADM's have been happening from the start. And Ford even lowered the name match to 60% to allow dealers to add these ADM's in hopes the customer would walk away. It's quite sad that Ford doesn't seem to understand that picking, and choosing the customers they want to protect is very bad business strategy.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

All it says is the dealers can't be sneaky. ADM it's not sneaky as long as it's stated up front. So this is not going to remove ADM or any up charges, it could possibly prevent those last minutes surprises.

Sponsored

jwoobs

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

All it says is the dealers can't be sneaky. ADM it's not sneaky as long as it's stated up front. So this is not going to remove ADM or any up charges, it could possibly prevent those last minutes surprises.

^This.

It sounds like the dealer isn't allowed to ask for a $3k deposit or whatever to convert your order.

As discussed in the various surprise ADM threads, I think anti-trust law prevents Ford from dictating the selling price.

PaBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have to give kudos to Ford for learning from the Bronco ordering inequities.

I was the first order for the Lightning at my dealer. It appears that each qualified dealer got to order one for the most part in the first wave. I assume this was to test the system and work out the kinks.

Once I placed the order on line, which identified the price, the dealer had to accept the order in their system. Some dealers added additional fees at that time which increased the price. I assume this is Ford's way of locking in price at time of order. and gives the customer away to challenge ADM at time of delivery.

Also, if the customer did not order online, and had the dealer submit the order, the customer had to accept the order online. I assume that was to avoid the situation where dealers submitted orders for Broncos without the customer's knowledge.

We will see how it shakes out.

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm willing to bet that they figure out another way. Shady dealers always find a way....

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I suspect the uproar over the sticker price for the Lightning by all the car media has something to do with Ford’s actions regarding ADM shenanigans. The media is claiming it costs to much. Ford figures anyone wanting a Bronco, Mach 1, or GT 500 is fair game since these vehicles are for the most part, play things that consume refined dinosaur goo. The Lightning is the PC vehicle, and having it priced out of the range of those who fit the perceived demographic for this type of vehicle ,stymies Ford’s efforts to achieve the green purpose. Regardless, Leno will get his.

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford knows that EV is their future and the Mach E dealer shenanigans angered many customers. They need to do the thing to keep the dealers in check.
Absolutely!! To say the Bronco debacle has angered many MORE customers is barley scratching the surface - when is Ford going to wake the fuck up?!

Sponsored

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The Bronco reservation program was the beta test. I take it as a positive that Ford is learning from the experience, though.

A lot of the mistakes they made with the Bronco system can't really be undone.
Well, shit....ONE thing they can do is fucking well stop bending over for the cheater-dealers, stop punishing good dealers & customers & commit to fulfilling the reservations first like they originally said. But again, I'm just dreaming....

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Absolutely!! To say the Bronco debacle has angered many MORE customers is barley scratching the surface - when is Ford going to wake the fuck up?!
Only when the stock price goes down based on bad PR, but paper future sales are through the rough so not happing anytime soon since well every built vehicle is paid for by dealers.

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Only when the stock price goes down based on bad PR, but paper future sales are through the rough so not happing anytime soon since well every built vehicle is paid for by dealers.
Unfortunately true....but I HAD to log in today just to get my blood boiling & certainly was successful, its one thing I can at least depend on from Ford on a regular basis!

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm a day-1 Lightning reservation and I asked my Bronco guy what it looked like for '22, and he chuckled. He told me everyone at his dealership was online putting in a Lightning order the minute they opened up. They are an MSRP dealer, but certainly learning how to game the system in more ways than one.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Via sister-site F150gen14.com

LINK: https://www.f150gen14.com/2022/01/0...s-no-resale-provisions-in-purchase-contracts/

"These actions are perceived as threatening customers by withholding their opportunity to convert reservations to orders," Frick wrote.​
He went on to reference a section of the Sales and Service agreement that says Ford Dealers "shall avoid in every way any 'bait,' deceptive, misleading, confusing or illegal advertising or business practices," and said any outlet found in violation may lose their entire allocation of trucks for the year.​

No it does not help Bronco Reservation Holders but it does show that Ford sees a problem. The problem I see is I don't see any teeth here and plenty of work arounds.
That doesn't say anything preventing ADM's . It talks about taking an additional deposit and preventing buyers from flipping their new trucks

"However, the one problem Ford didn't address in this letter? Anti-consumer markups. We understand the need for markup due to market demand and that it's a part of the capitalist marketplace. It's the markup of nearly half or even double the price of MSRP is what ruins the dealership experience for consumers and gives the biggest blackeyes to the automakers. This also needs to be curved, but it seems like this isn't a priority for any OEM with a franchise dealership model, at the moment. So prepare to possibly pay more for your Lightning, but not in the form of extra deposits or the like."
Sponsored