Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Broncos/F350s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone else install the deluxe raised lid enclosure and tailgate table together yet? I didn’t see anything saying they won’t work together. The Ford accessories fit and finish overall has been subpar so this wasn’t surprising but the latches at the top of the table hit the back of the enclosure lid when closing the tailgate. Looks like I’ll bend up the lip of the back of the enclosure slightly to make room, but that’s also with the rubber edge removed so be careful not to catch the edge.
209A575B-4554-4A5C-A44C-5F4779B66C3D.jpeg
CDD18EC1-B8DD-46F8-935A-AB5C446AF7DC.jpeg
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It certain says nothing on the Ford Accessories site about it, but somehow my dealership's parts guy knew they would be a problem and let me know before I placed my order. So I thank him.

Also... the security drawer is another item that interferes with the table. And the JBL sound bar and the slide-out tailgate (coming later this year) prevents on-vehicle storage for your doors.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Curios….does the fold out table have a specific location that is required to install? In other words, do the instructions ,or the physical construction of the tail gate dictate how high it can positioned on the tail gate door or is there enough room to lower it below the raised lid and still high enough to close the tail gate? I am one of the gazillion who have not received their Bronco. Thanks.

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, someone else installed both. They ended up cutting small gaps out of the rubber seal and removing so that when the door closed, the latches fit into the gaps in the rubber.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Murph56789

Murph56789

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Broncos/F350s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Curios….does the fold out table have a specific location that is required to install? In other words, do the instructions ,or the physical construction of the tail gate dictate how high it can positioned on the tail gate door or is there enough room to lower it below the raised lid and still high enough to close the tail gate? I am one of the gazillion who have not received their Bronco. Thanks.
The way it first slides into slots on the tailgate make it so it can only be installed in one spot.

OP
OP
Murph56789

Murph56789

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Broncos/F350s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, someone else installed both. They ended up cutting small gaps out of the rubber seal and removing so that when the door closed, the latches fit into the gaps in the rubber.
I just found that thread, saw nothing when I searched earlier. But mine is closer, it’s metal on metal contact even if you remove all of the rubber. That’s why I’m thinking I’ll bend up the rear of the cargo enclosure lid just very slightly.

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Anyone else install the deluxe raised lid enclosure and tailgate table together yet? I didn’t see anything saying they won’t work together. The Ford accessories fit and finish overall has been subpar so this wasn’t surprising but the latches at the top of the table hit the back of the enclosure lid when closing the tailgate. Looks like I’ll bend up the lip of the back of the enclosure slightly to make room, but that’s also with the rubber edge removed so be careful not to catch the edge.
209A575B-4554-4A5C-A44C-5F4779B66C3D.jpeg
CDD18EC1-B8DD-46F8-935A-AB5C446AF7DC.jpeg
Good to know. I’m going to wait on the fold down table.

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m sorry you ran into this issue OP, but I couldn’t help but laugh watching that video. I thought the gas strut noise was you taking a deep breath to prevent yourself from hulk smashing something.

OP
OP
Murph56789

Murph56789

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Broncos/F350s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Came up with a simple fix. Smashed down the hooks for the clamps with vice grips. Also bent the rear of the cargo enclosure up very slightly. Now they don’t touch even with the weatherstripping fully back in place.
433C2D6A-1654-4DD8-8420-7B2DA1766D50.jpeg

On an unrelated note I also installed the screen protector from ocd plug. Very nice addition.

Sponsored

mangelo

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badsquatch LUX Softtop 4 Door Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Came up with a simple fix. Smashed down the hooks for the clamps with vice grips. Also bent the rear of the cargo enclosure up very slightly. Now they don’t touch even with the weatherstripping fully back in place.
Ford Bronco Ford tailgate table interferes with cargo area enclosure IMG_8995.MOV

On an unrelated note I also installed the screen protector from ocd plug. Very nice addition.
Nice!

MikeStLouis

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
SO….the Ford Cargo enclosure…….how secure will it be when the top is off and doors locked? Is it made of something that cannot be cut through? Need SOMETHING to secure gear and the more space, the better. (I’m in a 2-door). THANKS all!

OP
OP
Murph56789

Murph56789

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Broncos/F350s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

SO….the Ford Cargo enclosure…….how secure will it be when the top is off and doors locked? Is it made of something that cannot be cut through? Need SOMETHING to secure gear and the more space, the better. (I’m in a 2-door). THANKS all!
It’s secure, can’t get in with the tailgate locked. It’s made out of metal, but sure you can cut though it. Very unlikely unless you live somewhere that they cut out catalytic converters and stuff.

sKewP77

Badlands
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2019 Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ford Bronco Ford tailgate table interferes with cargo area enclosure IMG_8995.MOV
Man, sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but do you mind me asking if anyone else has run into this issue and
Ford Bronco Ford tailgate table interferes with cargo area enclosure IMG_9958
Ford Bronco Ford tailgate table interferes with cargo area enclosure IMG_9966
Ford Bronco Ford tailgate table interferes with cargo area enclosure IMG_9964
if bending the cargo lid is the only fix?

I have a similar issue, but it’s the fixed cargo area, 21 bronco and the Trailgator interfering w each other in the same way.

How did you bend the lid and how much? It fits so perfectly. Ugh
Sponsored