First Name
Vlad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat, Maverick XLT, Mazda CX5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the same issue with the incorporated Wireless Charging Pad. It is only part of the Lux package. Pretty soon it will be standard on all cars and trucks for the convenience - do not need to use a USB and cable to stick it in your phone to charge while driving... )-;
Sponsored

tlowell01

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are feature packages a way for Ford tempt buyers into higher priced trims and packages? Yes, absolutely 100%. They also make manufacturing much more efficient as it limits the number of permutations going down the line.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The one that looks different almost looks like mlok.

There was speculation that either Ford didn’t want to spend the money to license it, or they decided the picatinny will look more badass to more people.
You are correct it does look like M-LOK. I am not sure, but picatinny might have to be licensed too. In the end, what and how you attach is the critical part for any rail accessory idea.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm leaning Base now to help keep my financing payments lower, and am planning on learning on doing DIY/Aftermarket add ons.

For research purposes, what is that called? What do I type into Google? I'm a novice at this stuff

I plan on finding a forum or thread where you guys discuss how you're doing these things aftermarket, so I can learn and do it myself too.
that would be a section of picitinny rail used on rifles and pistols to mount shooting accesories lights,lasers,sights ect relativy cheap usually made from aluminum in various lengths after i get my bronco im going to try to adapt it.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The picatinny is a GRAET idea that we wont see, just like the sliding tray in the back. As long as Ford gives us mounting points we can get and install the picatinny from the after market.

Sponsored

Vladytom

Badlands
First Name
Vlad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat, Maverick XLT, Mazda CX5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The pad is not like the ones you have on your desk or nightstand. You can spot in a few of previous pictures of interiors w Lux Pack. It is more like a slot or pocket if you want. It won't wiggle when you take turns. But of course, if you go up side down it will be thrown away. That's when you rely on your charging cable (((-;

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We all know "packages" are how they can pad profit and that is fine. The problem is the intended use of the dash mounted ports doesn't align well with the Lux package. It would fit in better with the buyers that want the washout interiors or sasquatch package since the rail mount will be used for cameras or off roading maps. To make it ONLY available in Lux seems like they are misreading the market.
I'm not ordering Lux, I will be adding my own dash ports for under $40 or so.

jwmach1

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2013 Wrangler, 2006 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford, here is a way for you to make even more money! ?

My extensive consumer research and focus group results have just come in and it revealed that most folks are purchasing the Lux package because of the additional safety tech, B&O sound system and connected, built-in navigation and to a lesser degree, the wireless phone charging.

1. These consumers are going to purchase this Lux package whether or not it includes a universal remote, heated steering wheel and dash USB ports.
  2. Consumers who would like to have the remote, heated steering and dash USB ports will not spend Lux package money to get them.
    • They WILL pay for them individually or as part of a less expensive package.
Ford, to make more money (and I'm only thinking of you) put the items in #2 above in the High package which will push your consumers on the fence into this package, or, add them as individual options or part of a smaller package which your consumers will spend money on when they won't go the Lux route.

1603760696964.png
☝ Totally!
Sponsored