Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A7
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The dash mounted picatinny rail accessory is a cool idea, but to take full advantage, you need power up on the dash to keep from tucking wires all around or having them hang over the dash.

Please add the dash USB ports to a lower package or as a stand-alone option/accessory. Perhaps even make it a package with the rail itself. Doesn't make sense to confine this great idea in a multi-thousand dollar package.

Ford Bronco Ford - Take the Dash USB Ports Out of Lux 200
Sponsored

THOMASO1371

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Doesn't make sense to confine a wireless charger to complement the wireless Apple carplay/Android auto inside the lux package either but here we are.

The entire lux package should be spread out into the lower packages. Heated steering wheel should be in high with the heated seats, ACC should be in a lower package bc safety features shouldn't be exclusive, etc.

Sponsored

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This missing feature/package annoys me. I plan on going aftermarket for the picatinny bar already (since I cannot find it anywhere on the B & P) but it'll suck if I have to find some way of getting 12v or wall outlets up there aftermarket wise....

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This missing feature/package annoys me. I plan on going aftermarket for the picatinny bar already (since I cannot find it anywhere on the B & P) but it'll suck if I have to find some way of getting 12v or wall outlets up there aftermarket wise....

I plan on adding a GPS, phone mount, radar detector, and maybe a gopro or dash cam mount for those wondering. I am REALLY needing power up there ?

Last edited:

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The dash mounted picatinny rail accessory is a cool idea, but to take full advantage, you need power up on the dash to keep from tucking wires all around or having them hang over the dash.

Please add the dash USB ports to a lower package or as a stand-alone option/accessory. Perhaps even make it a package with the rail itself. Doesn't make sense to confine this great idea in a multi-thousand dollar package.

Ford Bronco Ford - Take the Dash USB Ports Out of Lux 200
But honestly, think about this: How would they charge you more money then? Hmm... I mean your trying to squeeze a poor helpless billion dollar company out of its hard earned Lux Package dollars lol.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm getting the lux package anyways but its very simple to add USB ports up top by the rail. Should you be forced into the lux package or have to install yourself, no. But I did this in my newer f150 for the same issue.

I guarantee you someone didn't think of this simple thing.

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have accepted that I’m making some compromises to go with a more base model.

Just is what it is. At least I’m not going to be cranking my windows!

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm getting the lux package anyways but its very simple to add USB ports up top by the rail. Should you be forced into the lux package or have to install yourself, no. But I did this in my newer f150 for the same issue.

I guarantee you someone didn't think of this simple thing.
There will be a lot more discoveries like this once they start being delivered. My 17 Colorado lacks a 4WD indicator light anywhere but on the switch, which is exactly the same size and texture as the headlight switch right next to it. Textbook dumbass engineering.

SIzGb2A.jpg

Ended up having a buddy fab up an extension harness and panel to move it where it belonged in the first place, by the transmission, and still look factory.

Ford Bronco Ford - Take the Dash USB Ports Out of Lux rQXlSLs

And now I have a Fenix 4200 mini 6 circuit aux light controller box next to the headlights, where it belongs.

ABhegjO.jpg

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Also missing are the slide out tail gate tray and the drop down tray attached to the inside of the actual tail gate and about 160 some odd accessories (200 minus the approx 40 on the B/P). Probably going to be on a dealer order form.

OP
OP
Charky

Charky

Wildtrak
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A7
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford, here is a way for you to make even more money! ?

My extensive consumer research and focus group results have just come in and it revealed that most folks are purchasing the Lux package because of the additional safety tech, B&O sound system and connected, built-in navigation and to a lesser degree, the wireless phone charging.

1. These consumers are going to purchase this Lux package whether or not it includes a universal remote, heated steering wheel and dash USB ports.
  2. Consumers who would like to have the remote, heated steering and dash USB ports will not spend Lux package money to get them.
    • They WILL pay for them individually or as part of a less expensive package.
Ford, to make more money (and I'm only thinking of you) put the items in #2 above in the High package which will push your consumers on the fence into this package, or, add them as individual options or part of a smaller package which your consumers will spend money on when they won't go the Lux route.

1603760696964.png

TUNGSTANG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I plan on adding a GPS, phone mount, radar detector, and maybe a gopro or dash cam mount for those wondering. I am REALLY needed power up there ?
I think there is a high possibility that the wiring may be there for the dashboard usb and it will be covered with a solid plate. Then all you need is to buy the USB outlet and install it yourself.

I think this because I bought my base trim mustang in 2006 and added several components only found in the GT or upper level packages. For example, mine had a basic instrument panel. But I wanted the My Color option. I needed a new guage pod and the switches to operate it. I pulled off the switch cover, which was blank, but the wiring was already there. I installed my guages and the switch, and saved $$$.
Sponsored